- I have worked in the IT arena since 1995 in the areas of technical documentation, systems support, production support, customer support, data analysis, and manual testing. I am very attentive to detail and have excellent editing/proofreading skills to achieve accuracy, consistency and adherence to accepted formats in documentation.
- I have produced technical documentation throughout my career in both PC and mainframe environments, writing and relating technical information in such a way that non - technical persons can understand.
- I have created style guidelines, created step-by-step documentation for technical issues and resolutions, application user guides, online Help, and posted tips and technical problem descriptions/resolutions in online knowledge bases.
- I have worked with detailed technical requirements, test plans, and diagrams. I have experience with MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, working in an Agile environment, RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat, Snag-It, trouble ticketing/bug tracker systems, document version control, and image editing software.
- I have experience working on government projects and being directly on-site with the client. I am accustomed to working with deadlines in a formal process-driven environment.
RELEVANT TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Technical Documentation Specialist/Documentation Lead
- Produced internal and customer-facing documentation for cyber security key encryption product (Key Orchestration).
- Utilized an Agile development process, tracking and managing assigned tasks in JIRA.
- Developed style guidelines for documentation.
- Created customer guides for the web UI component and the Linux-based CLI (command line interface) menu system component.
- Guides included Initial Setup and Configuration, Administration of Web UI version, Administration of Menu System version, Release Notes, Integration with MySQL, Integration with Apache/NSS, Integration with VMware vSphere.
- Utilized both web and CLI versions to obtain understanding of functionality and facilitate proper terminology use and thorough documenting of procedures. Used Confluence as a repository and tool for internal documentation, and to upload release versions of customer guides for storage.
- Worked with the Windows team to produce customer guides for integration of Key Orchestration with AD CS, AWS, Azure, IIS, and SQL Server.
- In addition to external customer documents, assisted CTO with finalization of whitepapers and technical documents, and reviewed and updated web page content and marketing slicks for accuracy and consistency.
- Assisted in creating documentation for FIPS process.
- Observer on OASIS Confidential Technical Committee weekly status calls.
Technical Documentation Specialist
- Information Security Awareness/Rules of Behavior
- IT Security Role-Based /Contingency Planning
- IT Security Role-Based /Vulnerability Management
- Records Management
- Occupant Emergency Plan
- Confidential National Incident Management System
Technical Services Analyst
- Assisted MIS Coordinator in a multi-user environment in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving end-user issues with software or hardware operation including COTS and specialized applications, printer functionality, machine operations, mapping to peripherals and network drives.
- Coordinated the installation of computer equipment and software as necessary.
- Tracked and managed asset assignment and disposal through manual inventory and in the electronic inventory management system (ITIMS).
- Researched technology issues and/or equipment such as printers or scanners when replacement was necessary, evaluated features and made recommendations. Worked with end users and the Help Desk to direct issues properly. Assisted with computer setup and space management (cube setup) for new hires.
- Tested/maintained/repaired equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Updated and installed software apps for end-users (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Enercalc, GStabl7, Sprint Aircards) and provided guidance/ as necessary. Prepared various documentation and notices using MS Office.
- Used MS Office to produce documentation relating to our small business.
- This included Outlook email, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets for tracking, online licensure.
- Utilized email and AIM ( Confidential Instant Messaging) to gather and disperse information.
- Performed web research using IE, Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
- Utilized Excel spreadsheets to track income and expenses. Engaged in self- (W3Schools, Visio, Framemaker).
- Occasionally assisted others with personal or small business computer issues such as documentation setup (Word, Excel) or connectivity issues.
- Used RoboHelp as the primary tool to produce and deploy online context-sensitive Help system for Vovici's survey application software.
- Used SnagIt software to create screenshot graphics to reinforce the Help topic text.
- Worked in a multi-author environment to develop content, helped define Confidential style guidelines and formatting standards, and produced user guides.
- Produced corresponding PDF version of user guides to be downloaded for . Uploaded pertinent documents to company intranet.
- Worked with functional specification documents from Development team to formulate topic plan and outline.
- Regularly interacted with SMEs to understand functionality and worked with other personnel as necessary including Marketing, Technical Support, and .
- Familiar with the use of templates, stylesheets, and working with documents in source/version control.
Technical Support Manager
- Supervised five Customer Service Engineers and provided direct support to customers through phone and email. Monitored outgoing correspondence from Confidential reps to clients for accuracy and professionalism. Monitored appropriate logging of trouble tickets and technical notes.
- Maintained coverage schedules for Customer Service group and provided second-level support to clients/Customer Service personnel.
- Ensured appropriate was available and acted as mentor/trainer to Customer Service personnel.
- Provided feedback to supervisor as requested, presented status on issues and metrics reports to management.
- Conducted meetings with Customer Service team to present status and issues.
- Conducted interviews and employee performance reviews.
- Maintained close interaction with Sales, Development, and Executive personnel.
- Produced procedural technical documentation entries for knowledge base forum, and utilized web resources to help research error messages/resolve issues.
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided technical support for desktop and server versions of web-based survey software tool. Worked directly with clients to provide information on product usage and technical features using verbal and written instructions.
- Conducted walkthroughs, analysis of survey data, created/monitored trouble tickets, created problem/resolution documentation and instructions for clients, logged software bugs and followed up with appropriate personnel. Occasionally provided HTML code to tailor a survey question to the customer's needs.
Technologies included: HTML, XML, MS Office, Windows 2003 Server/IIS 6, IE/Firefox browsers, UltraEdit, Adobe Acrobat/Reader.