- Records and Information Management professional with experience in both government projects and Non - Profit organization; having consistently increasing responsibilities in the field especially with the handling of sensitive files. Have strengths in the technical aspects records inventories, using database management tools in different government office, providing excellent customer service; possess a comprehensive knowledge of records management principles and quality assurance assessment and security implementation. Manpower planning, selection and hiring employees; in consultation with other departments, assisting in the identification of employee development and training needs; managing office work including, handling employee promotion, benefits and discipline issues.
Record Clerk/Data Clerk
- Enter Data on the computer
- Prepare FDA documents for scanning
- Doing Quality control on the scanned file and scanned the missing pages.
- Upload the scanned documents (pdf) on the computer, using FDA Computer program.
- Update FDA document status that has to be posted for the public, on shared drive using FDA Computer program.
- Receiving and directing Customer phone calls, when they are calling to view FDA documents online or by walk-in.
ConfidentialLead Record Management Specialist
- Filing NIH employee documents in appropriate place.
- Scanning NIH employees document on the computer and save them by opening folder based on different codes that is given by NIH personnel office.
- Make the scanned document ready for sending via e-mail or mail to the NIH employees, who is at work or retired upon their request.
Lead Record Management Specialist
- Keeping different awardees’ files by Program (such as participant files for Scholarship, Loan Repayment, Faculty Loan Repayment, Site files etc.)
- Doing Tracking of files on the computer using HRSA/BCRS system.
- Filing documents & CDs in the appropriate files.
- Updating Inventory of the files & keeping the Inventory Report for reference.
- Delivering files to analysts (staffs) in accordance with the established procedures.
- Receiving returned files, delete the name of the analyst (person) who signed out the file from the shared database & placing the files where they belong.
- Preparing files for scanning based on the list of files generated by BCRS office.
- Delivering the hard copy of files to the assigned scanning company based on BCRS schedule date for shipment.
- After the files are scanned, carrying out the necessary tests on the scanned files by taking samples for quality assurance using the scanned files CD.
- After the scanning company returned the hardcopies, prepare & send the scanned files to Federal Record Center for Archive.
- Writing a list for closed out files, prepare the files for Archive, and transferring the list to the responsible person in the office that can facilitate shipment according the pickup date given by Federal Record Center.
- After the shipment we receive the accession number from Federal Record Center for closed out files and type the accession number for each completed files on the computer using HRSA/BCRS computer system.
- Places a request for closed out files when needed from (Archive) the Federal Record Center according to the request of the analyst.
- Making requests the necessary supplies to BCRS office for file room utilization.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports of the activity of Record Room & submit the report to the supervisor.
Record Management Specialist
- Receiving new awardees’ files from HRSA/BCRS (Bureau Clinical Recruiting Services) and tracking them on the computer to type the date the file is received based on each program.
- Labeling the files and placing them on the shelf.
- Filing documents & CDs in the appropriate folders.
- Delivering files to analysts (staff) in accordance with the established procedures.
- Receiving returned files, placing the returned files where they belong, and delete the name of the person who signed out the file from the shared database.
- Writing a list for completed files on excel spread sheet, putting them in boxes, and transferring the list to the responsible person to request accession number and pick up date from Federal Record Center.
- After receiving the accession number from Federal Record Center, type the accession number for each completed files on the computer using BCRS computer program.
- Upon the request of the analyst, places a request for the required files from the Federal Record Center.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports and submits the report to the supervisor.
- Making requests the necessary supplies for file room utilization.
- By using MS-Access prepare the address of different organizations that has business relationship with FDA
- Merging each address with the already prepared letters by FDA to different organization and print the letters and stamp the date.
- Print address on the envelope and prepare mails to be sent out to each business organization.
- Handing the prepared mails (envelop) to the mail person with a list containing the mails.
- Creating file folders by subject and date
- Typing labels for each file
- Filing documents in the respective folders
- Assisting the office in clerical work and office management
- Managing manpower development, interviewing of candidates, selection, hiring and placement.
- Develop materials for recruitment programs; conducting orientation sessions to new employees and training employees in management and personnel policies and office procedures.
- Keeping employee files; this includes opening files for new employee, filing necessary document in employee files.
- Maintain employee information in the Database system and updating when it is necessary.
- Handling employee promotion and discipline issues.
- Handling employee benefits (insurance, pension, provident fund etc)
- Preparing Reports and correspondences
- Handling office management including supervision of junior secretaries and typists
- Arranging material and conference rooms for meetings
- Operate office equipment such as fax machine, copiers, and phone systems, use computer application for spread sheet, word processing, database management and other required applications to systematize work
- Preparing letters, taking minuets of management meetings, responding to clients and taking appointments for clients and employees who may have issues to discuss with the manager.
- Attending to clients and responding to phone calls, taking messages
- Handling all secretarial work that includes letter writing, report writing
- Establishing and managing files and records
- Reviewing work done by junior secretaries and clerks
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes