- All - around financial executive with 15-years of challenging experience and Certified Public Accountant with extensive knowledge and practical application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Devised and implemented turnaround of two finance departments. Focuses on finance while making major, collateral improvements to related areas as IT, operations and HR. Strong business leader and trusted advisor to owners, shareholders and executives on accounting and tax matters.
- Licensed CPA
- Int’l & Foreign Currencies
- Systems Implementation
- Performance Evaluations
- P&L Administration
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Contract Review & Recommendations
- Supervising employees
- Operations Analysis & Management
- Variance Analysis & Expense Control
- Creativity in finding efficiencies
- Recruiting, Staffing & Training
- Team Building & Leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic Planning & Initiatives
Microsoft: Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Power Point, Access and Word
Accounting software: SAP, PeopleSoft 8.4, Hyperion Essbase, JDEdwards, QuickBooks, Peachtree, ADP and Paycom payroll systems.
Confidential, Arlington Heights, IL
- Restructured billing process within one year which resulted in additional 2.5 million in revenue.
- Currently managing the complete financial area-accounting, taxes, AP, AR and treasury.
- Played key role in implementation of new scheduling software by Sandata for home care department.
- Improved agency’s cash flow by optimizing electronic billing and collection.
- Provided support to operations and senior leadership in analysis of strategic financial / business decisions and indentifying opportunities for profit optimization (substantial investments, operating model changes, revenue generative strategic opportunities )
- Responsible for creation of annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and assisted CEO with the business plan.
- Grew outstanding talent through coaching of direct report(s) and interactions with broader team on key projects
- Provided support to COO to create, develop, standardize and maintain key performance /financial analyses for internal reporting.
- Evaluated profit contribution of new contracts and customer segments.
- Managed the banking relationships and secured financing over 1.5 million for the organization.
- Coordinated the preparation of tax returns and audits by third parties.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Reporting to CEO, managed day-to-day accounting and finance functions for three entities consisting of home health agency, hospice & palliative care business and rehabilitation therapy start up. Accounting functions included general ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, fixed assets and payroll.
- Designed, implemented and managed the company’s accounting system and internal controls.
- Prepared financial statements with commentary for management and performed financial forecasting analysis and modeling.
- Managed the completion of general ledger account analyses, reconciliations and other related duties as assigned by CEO.
- Monitored financial performance and cash management. Improved cash flow by negotiating net terms with key vendors and securing a $120 thousand line of credit.
- Partnered with department managers to direct the budgeting process and played an integral role in strategic planning.
- Served as point of contact for auditors, legal counsel and financial institutions. Assisted as necessary in interim reviews and annual audits with the independent auditing firm.
- Successfully coordinated and completed the company’s first - year audit and annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Managed compliance and completed all regulatory and legal requirements for cost reporting.
Confidential, Arlington Heights, IL
- Implemented professional and consistent management reporting, enabling informed and timely decision making at upper levels of the organization: established accurate monthly cash forecasting system, created annual operating plan, designed analytical models to evaluate operational performance and prepared monthly revenue and profit forecasts and variance reports.
- As member of Senior Leadership Team, implemented strategy and key decisions enabling this 450 employee company to not only survive the impact of recession but to achieve profitability during a period of weak economy and uncertainty.
- Implemented accounting policies and procedures to manage and facilitate hyper-growth; responsible for analyzing revenue growth at 25 different offices.
- Directed all aspects of accounting, finances and human resources through 4 direct-reports (Billing clerk, human resources coordinator, payroll specialist and staff accountant).
- Managed internal controls, annual strategic planning, $2.1 million payroll management, merit/performance pay and incentive compensation, forecasting, reporting, contribute to long-term contract negotiations and banking relationships.
- Tasked with CFO to reduce month-end closing time, ensure financial reporting and analytical consistency with other companies in a same industry, established culture of cost savings and improved organization’s overall credibility.
Confidential, Mundelein, IL
ACCOUNTING MANAGER / CONTRACTOR
- Assumed new role to organization and facilitated significant changes: implemented new processes and procedures in sales, purchasing (requiring major changes across all levels of staff and management).
- Guided six month implementation of new financial reporting system involving oversight of 3 staff, key setup decisions, data migration, training, go-live and troubleshooting; ultimately reducing software and human error and timeliness.
- Managed all areas of accounting and capital budgeting through 3 direct-reports (a loan officer, payroll specialist, general accountant).
- Improved A/R and A/P systems (Collections increased within 95% of agreement, enabling company to borrow against A/R amount).
- Developed audit plans, evaluated accounting operations, reconciled and adjusted B/S and P/L accounts in compliance with GAAP and company policy.
Confidential, Bannockburn, IL
- Analyzed financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and created numerous Excel management reports and graphs to evaluate consolidated data.
- Maintained and constantly searched for improvements of accounting system consistent with accounting principles and corporate policies.
- Coordinated and managed the budgeting and forecasting process across company divisions.
- Hands-on responsibility for all areas of financial reporting from review of original journal entry, monthly closing, preparation of financial statements, and data analysis.
- Studied and standardized procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of subordinates.
- Supervised and coordinated activities of Staff Accountant, Payable Clerk, and an Inventory Control Clerk. Carried out supervisory responsibilities by hiring, training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Redesigned financial statements to reflect significant changes in corporate structure; reduced month-end closing time, ensure financial reporting and analytical consistency
- Initiated and completed various projects to help the departments achieve their defined short and long-term goals.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Responsible for monthly close and analysis of account activity for accuracy. Communicated source of variance in month-to-month trends to Region Finance Manager.
- Coordinated weekly subscribers forecast and monthly soft close for Ohio/Pennsylvania and Michigan/Indiana Regions with monthly revenues of $170 million and $120 million.
- Responsible for development of quarterly financial package and submission of forecast to HQ.
- Assisted in development of annual operating plans and budgets for regions and Midwest Area with monthly revenue over $475 million.
- Prepared advance financial models & analysis in excel and prepared presentations in power point for HQ Reviews.
Confidential, Waukegan, IL
- Designed, implemented and managed the company’s system and internal controls.
- Responsible for operational daily cash management: recoding revenue and expenses, general bookkeeping, payroll.
- Dealt with the financial aspects of the organization: transaction related record keeping, bank deposits, bank reconciliations.
- Prepared and distributed monthly financial statements to CEO and worked closely in interpreting financial and performance measurement results.
- Conducted knowledge transfer and trained an internal staff accountant.
Confidential, Bannockburn, IL
- Monthly preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Performed month-end close and coordinated all aspects of B/S account analysis for seven separate manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for monthly analysis of all expense accounts for data entry errors and irregularities.
- Prepared monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and managed depreciation schedule of the fixed assets.
- Assisted supervisor in budgeting, forecasting & financial analysis of BCS Division with revenues in excess of $400 million.
- Assisted with annual audit conducted by independent audit firm.
- Hyperion (consolidation), prepared schedules, statistical information, validation corrections, submission of the data to corporate HQ.