- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Publisher, Visio
- QuickBase, SharePoint, SPSS
- Quarkxpress, PageMaker
- FrontPage, NetObjects Fusion
- Photoshop, Inkscape (Open Source alternative to Adobe Illustrator), the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program, an Open Source alternative to Photoshop), Paint Shop Pro
- Basic, C, Pascal, Java, Visual Basic
- Designed Access database for tracking meetings and action items relating to U.S. Territories and Affiliated States in the Gulf of Mexico and Pacific Ocean.
- Designed Excel spreadsheet with multiple drop down lists for members to report on.
- Tracked citations in corporate document.
- Designed MS Access/Excel tool for HR to analyze employee hours by employee, department, project, activity, and time period
- Redesigned Access database for Confidential special events (parades, races, festivals, concerts).
- Data entry in database.
- Designed annual, quarterly, monthly and adhoc reports.
- Created standard operating procedure (SOP) documents for data entry and report generation. Updated with each new revision of database.
- Developed invoice report (they had been creating invoices manually).
Confidential, Sandy Spring, MD
Administrative Assistant, Database Consultant
- Business development support, and Microsoft Office work:
- Provided editing, proofreading, final formatting and created “look and feel” of proposals, reports and deliverables, including charts and graphs, graphics, tables, table of content, indexes, headers, footers, page numbers, covers and spines including:
- $15 million contract helping community and faith - based organizations serving under served communities to prevent and reduce substance abuse.
- $14.4 million contract helping minority educational institutions reduce rate of new HIV infections.
- $10.7 million dollar contract supporting State Mental Health Block Grant program and Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness program.
- Produced hard copies of proposals, reports and deliverables.
- Managed and performed electronic submission of proposals, reports and deliverables, including FTP upload for National Institutes of Health proposals.
- Helped business development team outline proposals, analyze RFP requirements.
- Developed new business with cold calls, presentations.
- Supported President/CEO with correspondence, scheduling, phone conferences, meetings, proposals, deliverables, outlining proposals by analyzing requirements, reports.
- Supported coworkers with problems with Microsoft Office applications, troubleshot documents.
- Developed, managed, maintained, and archived SharePoint portals, and QuickBase and Access. databases for use by the company, clients, partners, and over 250 community- and faith-based organizations.
- Performed research for projects, proposals, conferences and meetings.
- Meeting support: developed and formatted agendas, meeting materials; created and maintained databases of participants; created and mailed out mass mailings using Word’s Mail Merge feature; performed email blasts using Outlook; supported meetings on-site for clients; also facilitated and wrote up results of breakout sessions at grantee conferences around the country.
- Provided support for receptionist; onboarded and trained new receptionists; helped administer and maintain phone system, including setting up new user accounts, cleaning up remaining phone messages on defunct accounts, and resetting passwords; supported receptionist by opening mail, recording it, and distributing it to company.
- Maintained the corporate website, including writing several new pages and updating drop-down menu.
- Recorded the company phone system in my voice.
- Developed and created online PowerPoint presentations, wrote and recorded voiceover.
- Performed voiceover for Confidential videos on chemical, biological, and nuclear counter-measures.
- Met with internal and external clients to determine data needs, schema, tables, queries, reports and VBA code.
- Developed Microsoft Access and QuickBase databases for company, clients, partners, and over 250 community- and faith-based organizations (CFBOs). Wrote VBA code to extend the functionality of these databases.
- Wrote code that analyzed a table of clients and a table showing their relationships to each other (mother, father, stepchild, etc.) to create lists of extended family.
- Developed and managed permissions for on-site and external users.
- Wrote queries in SQL that were not possible to develop with Access’-provided user interface.
- Developed training materials and provided live and webinar training sessions for using databases to fulfill federally mandated outcome measure reporting requirements.
- Maintained security of sensitive personal data, including program participants’ contact information, social security numbers, and involvement in the criminal justice system.
- Provided help desk support for database usage by CFBOs.
- Helped develop federally mandated outcome measures for sub-grantee reporting requirements.
- Created reports used in federally mandated reports and reports to Congress.