A progressive and responsible position as an IT Support Technician where experience, education and proven abilities will have valuable applications .
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
IT Support Specialist
- Monitor and support the ticket queue, provide resolution for escalated service tickets, escalates support tickets to the proper support groups, work with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems.
- Troubleshooting and repair of end - user systems to include laptops, desktop workstations, iPhones, printers, to include activation of warranty or maintenance support as available. Evaluates systems and user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes.
- Troubleshoots network performance. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, and using Windows 7/8/10. Windows 365-Outlook-Yammer-Calendar-Planner-StaffHub phone mobile devices, Box, Centricity healthcare IT software .
- Experience with WIN server 2008/2012.
- Experience with deployment and configuration of Cisco Wi-Fi access point devices, Cisco Switches and Routers, and various other Wi-Fi routers.
- Performed various support services and laptop/workstation set-ups and deployments. Hardware installation, COTS software installation/ upgrades, configuration, and training of end users.
- Configures and support internal and/or external networks. Develop and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Experience with in the assignment of permissions to shared folders, servers and workstation administrator groups.
- Experience with Active Directory management as well as Microsoft Exchange accounts.
- Experience with the Installation of remote backup software, scheduled and devised backup images of workstations and folder(s)
- Monitored workstation image backups on a daily bases. Creation of drive space on backup servers when needed. Re-image workstations with reinstalling necessary peripheral devices when needed and patch management of workstations.
- Experience with assigning end-users to various distribution and security groups, along with user and published application groups.
- Identification of network issues with escalation to higher tier if outside the scope of expertise.
- Work with manage services and other vendors’ helpdesk personnel to coordinate special projects.
- Training of end users on assigned hardware and COTS software
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN).
- Creation and update of service tickets for all request in compliance with Help Desk processes and procedures
- Conduct periodic inventory and auditing of user IT assets
- Experience working in the Citrix environment.
- Experience running reports to determine malfunctions and/or fraudulent activities that may continue to occur using various Microsoft security and maintenance software...
- Experience with server installation with-in a cage, running cabling Cat5/5e, equipment reboots and hard drive replacements.
- E xperience utilizing and maintaining agency phone system with use of Callxpress and Mitel VOIP phone Server Manager and MiCollab remote services console.
- Act as primary individual responsible for the operation of integrated Audio and Video (AV) systems in a conference center, set up and breakdown equipment for video and audio conferencing.
- Test and set-up AV equipment, including but not limited to, overhead projectors, microphones, public address system, podiums, lighting, cameras, editing and duplicating system, etc., perform regular equipment maintenance and minor repair.
- Account for inventory of A/V equipment before and after each event; assist with security procedures, monthly and quarterly inventory, and forecasting equipment needs