- Seeking a position in Instructional Design, where I can apply my expertise in all phases of the instructional design process in a role that will present me with unique professional challenges.
- Quality focused Instructional Design Professional offering a 10+ year career distinguished by commended performance, and proven results inspired by a lifelong passion for learning.
- Experienced in all aspects of instructional design, including analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation, and collaboration in various industries and technical and functional areas.
- Demonstrated success in meeting corporate training goals by providing engaging and positive learning experiences to end users while using state of the art design tools and programs to plan, design, develop, and establish successful training solutions targeted to client performance needs.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SKILLS:
- Adult learning techniques including ADDIE model
- Kirkpatrick evaluation model
- Courseware & Learning Tools
- Implementation & Evaluation
- Needs analysis
- Building strong interpersonal relationships across all levels
- Demonstrated leadership
- Project management
- Training Plans & Storyboarding
- Performance Consulting
- Solid written & verbal communication
- Passion for learning & technology
- Determining learning objectives
- Partnership & Collaboration
- Vendor management
- Measurement & Reporting
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY/APPLICATIONS & DESIGN TOOLS:
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Presenter
- AICC/SCORM (1.2 & 2004)
- Articulate Storyline
- Centra/GoTo Meeting
- Flash/Flash Templates
- Garage Band
- Information Mapping
- Learning Object Rapid Authoring (LORA)
- Lectora Inspire
- Lotus Notes
- MS Lync
- MS NetMeeting
- MS Office Suite
- PaintShop Pro
- Sharable Content Object Builder (SCOBi)
- Survey Monkey
- Test & Course Generator (TCG)
Instructional Design Consultant/Real Property Appraiser Trainee, Flagstaff, AZ
- Developed learning tools designed to reduce time required to train new appraiser trainees.
- Documented processes and engaged in appraisal activities while working closely with certified residential appraiser to learn how to prepare valuations, perform property inspections, sketch homes, conduct market analysis, and prepare appraisal reports.
Training Design Specialist, Tavares, FL
- Created competence development programs to support mining product lines and associated support functions by converting instructor - led training courses to web-based courseware and expanding availability to a broader audience base.
- Designed and developed e-Learning training courses and materials using Lectora Inspire, Camtasia, Captivate, and Audacity.
Instructional Design Consultant, Tavares, FL
- Created, developed and maintained high quality performance and competency-based learning and performance support solutions for various financial technical and functional needs for Brokerage, Retirement and Wealth business lines.
- Developed training solutions including instructor-led, Learning 2.0 based, virtual, and web-based courses using Captivate, Presenter and WordPress.
Sr. Instructional Designer, Tavares, FL
- Partnered with Training team; designed and developed performance management materials, communication documents, job aids and reports.
- Organized and maintained SharePoint site used by Integration Leads, Key Business Leaders and Performance Change Champions to house all communications used in implementation process.
Instructional Systems Designer, Tavares, FL
- Developed state-of-the art training solutions that employed blended and non-blended delivery strategies including e-learning, mobile learning, just-in-time learning, classroom instruction and performance support resources.
- Assessed, designed, developed, implemented and evaluated technical and soft skills training programs.
- Created learning solutions for external clients
Contract Learning Developer, Atlanta, GA
- Specifically selected to elevate Confidential & Confidential Instructional Design Certification courses to new standards using Captivate, Connect, Presenter, and Articulate Storyline.
- Maximized multimedia modalities and adult learning instructional techniques in all training development, instructional design and resource materials.
Contract Developer - Sr. Instructional Designer, Detroit, MI/Atlanta, GA
- Managed complete life cycle of training process from preliminary needs analysis through training implementation and evaluation, generating over 879,000 course completions over span of contract.
- Developed learning solutions for cross-functional business units for all levels of employees.
- Revamped and collaboratively launched a multimedia Social Engineering course for audience of over 86,900 participants.
Manager - Operations Support/Attendance Analyst, Port Huron, MI
- Implemented changes resulted in 7.9% reduction in average absence rate per employee in first six months, cleared 95% of unapproved disability claims, and 30% increase in official cases under investigation by Asset Protection for suspected Confidential fraud.
Senior Instructional Designer, Detroit, MI
- Designed and developed learning solutions for implementation of corporate compliance, Environment Health & Safety, Human Resources, and enterprise-wide courses (management and non-management employees) using a variety of design tools, applications, and modalities including: ILT, WBT and VLT.
- Facilitated client and subject matter expert meetings, focus groups, train-the-trainer sessions, management certifications, course field trials, and pilots.
- Mentored new team members and supervised Instructional Design Assistant.
- Created facilitator guides and web-based job aids for Initial Training curriculum (240 course hours) for the Live Business Collections Department; completed project three months ahead of schedule.
- Enabled Bankruptcy Group to acquire two new portfolios by developing a training program for Bankruptcy group enabling the department to acquire two new portfolios due to consolidation of call centers during a downsizing.
HR Generalist, Detroit, MI
- Provided consultant support in a range of human resource functions for 3,800+ management and union employees in 18 call centers spanning three regions including: administration of corporate policies, guidelines, CWA/IBEW union contracts, employment law and regulatory compliance, human resources process and initiative implementation, yearly mandatory policy coverage, annual compensation and wage increase administration, and resolution of all escalated benefits and payroll issues.
- Trained and supervised team of 30 field coordinators through web-based payroll system conversion.
- Partnered with operations managers to analyze staffing and attrition data for 18 call centers.
- Established attendance reporting system for 3400+ non-management employees, to enable implementation of process improvements - resulted in a 20%+ reduction in absence rates.
Assistant to Director, Detroit, MI
- Designed and developed instructional materials for web-based, cross-regional, non-management orientation program to ensure complete and consistent delivery of information to new employees.
- Chosen for specific projects based on design skill set, and ability to work independently and consistently complete projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- Recognized for excellent work - client extended two-year contract to three years after just four months.
- Acknowledged for design and development of self-discovery course used to teach collections representatives to effectively handle extremely challenging customers. In post-workshop feedback sessions attendees reported decreased on-the-job stress levels as well as being successful using the new learned skills in various areas of their personal lives.