- Customer and operations support engineer and Applications developer. Expert in optimization with experience in team management.
- An expert in all aspects of deploying Enterprise software solutions and acquired through 18 years of experience working for vendors and operators in multidisciplinary domains.
- Proven track record in driving extraordinary product planning, implementation and maintenance of large distributed 24x7 systems
- Excellent customer service skills and experienced in creating and skillfully executing strategies to leverage partnerships through top of the line, on - site customer service
- Proven ability to determine application road map, scope, and feasibility and in identifying business and sales opportunities
- Experience in project management and solution design and a successful history of planning integration and implementation of large-scale applications for global customers from start-up through the establishment of a working production environment
- Consistently earned top ratings for customer satisfaction achieved through active listening and delivering on commitments and winner of “Best Employee of the Year” in 2009 and 2000
- Fluent in English, understands German, Hebrew
Senior enterprose Support Engineer
- Provide Enterprise and large-scale account Support whether remotely or on site
- Mange and mitigate Escalations
- Provide Architect and Deployment consulting to Enterprises and Technical Feedbacks to Engineering
- Mentor junior and advanced staff (was the first member of the Support organization in USA). Inside support and Confidential .
- Take ownership of sophisticated Technical challenges and provide Application wide solutions or Environment related.
Global Operations Cosultatnt
- Infrastructure support. Networks, DB (Oracle RDBMS).
- Developing an IT monitoring system based on Nagios to monitor AT&T Optima Terabyte platform.
- Performing performance troubleshooting for RAN platform and managing the RAN performance Lab.
- Supporting OSs: Windows and Linux Centos.
Customer Operations Consultant
- Earned the respect and boosted moral of the exiting, young and very eager, team of 5.
- Analyzed four aspects of operations: customer facing procedures, team management, team tasking and efficiency, system (BSS RAN optimization) architecture.
- Incorporated a Ticketing system, explain priorities and escalations.
- Regular team meetings, “after hours” activities, personal talks (mentoring), share of knowledge and understanding of each other personal goals, enforced accountability and recognition.
- Automated repeated tasks in OSS / BSS. Created a management system, integrated with the existing architecture (via dedicated (exiting but forgotten) but, improved API). Retired unsatisfactory reporting module based on Qlikview with Business Object (BO) / Oracle (main stream to organization) and saved a bunch in the process.
- Found out that the team was extremely capable and willing to go to the next level which made the entire process enjoyable and invigorating.
Technical aspects included: Java, Oracle 11g R2, Perl, Object Oriented Perl, Qlikview, Windows Server 2008 v2 and most of its existing popular monitoring tools (which reminds me how much I still like Solaris…).
Professional Services Engineer, Richardson / Plano, Texas
- Continued the role as under Confidential (see below), after Confidential was merged into Confidential . Successful in continuation of business relation under new management (company) and new mangers (personal).
- Instrumented an additional increase in capacity of the existing Confidential platform (around 30%) which 16% Confidential predicted maximum capacity by detecting product bottlenecks and suggesting solutions to R&D.
- Alter product code (C) in order to solve deep and chronic problems.
- Solve capacity problems in Confidential Web Portal (Java / Weblogic)
- Developed the fast find utility (C) which overtakes the traditional UNIX find command by leaps without any increase in resources. Nominated for a companywide reward for this single initiative.
- Since July 2011 acting as a technical Project Manager for Confidential ’s MetroPCS platform. Including managing 2 veterans support engineers and ongoing tasks.
Support and Integration Engineer, Richardson, Texas
- Served Ericsson as an application manager and 24x7 support engineer for the Confidential Performance BSS / OSS, a system that provided around $10M in annual revenue
- Consulted a team of 20 engineers with regards to the development, implementation, monitoring and fine tuning of four production systems (based on 18 individual servers) that collected hundreds of millions of OMs per day, and served hundreds of Telecom engineers with daily reports
- Acted as the de-facto DBA on site (Sybase) and supported Solaris admin duties while coordinating vendor’s activities of up to 6 engineers
- Provided 24/7 support for Nortel Networks managed services fault and performance NMS system that collected real time, OSS fault/performance d Confidential from Nortel’s CDMA and IP networks and presented it to Nortel’s global NOC engineers
- Mastered the technologies Confidential, Sybase DBA for ASE, and communication protocols (SNMP/TL1, TCP/IP, CORBA) in a highly complex distributed environment
- Major contributor to the project management including planning, design, develop, testing, implementation, integration, upgrade and final delivery
- Cultivated and instituted the best vendor/customer relationship and emphasized Confidential presence and commitment to Nortel Networks in order to efficiently focus on customer needs and critical opportunities for Confidential
- Provided guidance to NOC user’s team on all application aspects (GUI, server, tools), while dedicating maximum efforts for documentation and reports in order to support project management in crisis resolving and decision making
Integration Team Leader / Professional Services On-Site Support Engineer
- Served as support engineer for Ericsson, Hutchison and Telstra Telecommunication
- Built the BSS / OSS from the ground up including delivery testing implementation and integration up to the working production environment
- Supported NOC management with products acceptance, training NOC users, and building trust and customer satisfaction in order to promote Confidential sales
- In charge of all application components such as client / server, UNIX and Sybase administration, Confidential configuration and tuning
- Responsible for upgrade and patching of all platforms involved including VCS cluster and Volume manager, Sun Solaris OS, Sybase ASE, IQ and Replication, Web Sphere, Remedy, and more
- Designed and implemented backup plans and procedures for d Confidential servers and DRHA plan for Confidential application
- Earned customer trust and satisfaction enabling additional sales of performance management tools on top of the initial fault management product
C++, Power Builder Developer
- Dedicated to the Cellcom and Bezeq projects of Confidential and designed and developed drivers to control the interaction between the Confidential Fault Monitoring tool and Customer equipment
- Developed GUI tools in Power Builder to enhance and enrich performance monitoring tools as part of the Confidential suite
- Interacted with Sybase RDBMS where I gained deep knowledge of DB performance tuning and SQL
- Implemented the IVR interface project. After a year and a half of the project being stuck, I came up with a design that answered the requirement of all sides involved while interacting with equipment vendors to resolve lingering issues. Project was completed in 2 months under budget and with complete satisfaction and appreciation of all sides.
- Improved the performance of the GUI switch board display by using DB tune-ups methodologies and proper programming techniques. Submitted a project that was stuck for 9 months after 4 weeks of redesign and rewriting of code such that, for example, an open screen would open after 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes.
C, Power Builder Developer
- Served on product team for the SS7 monitoring suite of Confidential -Telecom and participated in the design, development, implementation and the customer support for this product
- Became qualified as an Oracle DBA (after the original DBA left) and picked up where she left off
- Interacted with other vendors through SNMP and TCP interfaces
- Wrote server code which was portable on multiple UNIX flavors
- Became an expert in the SS7 protocol and GSM
- Designed and developed a Fraud detection monitoring tool through SS7
- Worked as a developer for this small startup company that dealt with interoperable IM platform
- Developed the NMS client side of the platform based on SNMP and CORBA
- Maintained and participated in the next generation product infrastructure based on CORBA and multiplatform support
- Interacted with an Oracle DB and helped the company DBA with Oracle related topics