- Experience IT Management
- Advanced Team Leadership
- IT Systems Administration
- Systems IT Service Management (ITSM) Tools
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- “Epic” Electronic Health Record System
- Vocera Push - to-talk communication system
- Novell GroupWise Email
- Software/Application Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, 10 & Server 2008, 2012)
- Android OS (J, K, L, M, N)
- Apple iOS (current)
- MS Office Suites (2003 -> Office 365)
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Remote Desktop (Bomgar / UltraVNC / SCCM)
- Mobile Device Management (MobileIron / AirWatch)
- ShoreTel VoIP systems
- Hardware PC Hardware (desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Healthcare IT Hardware
- Network Infrastructure equipment
- Mobile Devices (Windows, Android, iOS)
- Confidential /Lenovo POS hardware
- HP/Compaq Servers
Confidential, Grand forks, ND
IT Service Center Supervisor
- Lead the IT Service Center (ITSC) at the Altru Health Services Information Service Department.
- The ITSC is the primary end user support group - providing the helpdesk role, project deployment, user assistance, and initial break/fix for all hardware and software systems.
- Support over 5,000 Altru employees and 3,000 affiliated users (Epic affiliates)
- Support over 75,000 MyHealth patients with helpdesk services
- Support over 4,500 desktop PC’s, over 2,200 mobile PC’s, over 300 tablet devices, and over 400 network and unattached printers
- Support all VoIP, analog, and related phone systems
- Support all fax and paging systems
- Work with senior leadership to recommend systems and services that optimize performance and efficiency
- Primary System Administrator of current IT Services Management Platform - Service Now
- ITSM Process Owner within Service Now for all updates, configurations, and changes
- Manage all end user IT related assets - acquisition, maintenance and repair, warranty, upgrade, and disposal
- ASIRT Leader (Altru Security Incident Response Team)
- ASIRT is the first responders for any and all IT security issues. ASIRT members gather vital information and report to the IS Security Officer and IS Security Director and follow directions received from each.
- Information Services Department OnCall Coordinator and primary backup for OnCall staff
- Logistics Team Member for the Altru Leadership Development Institute
- Coordinate and produce all audio and visual presentations
- Setup and manage all technical and IT needs for the quarterly leadership conferences
- Accomplishments include:
- Improved End User Satisfaction score from 72% annually to over 87%.
- Selection and development of highly efficient IT Service Management system - Service Now.
- Incorporated multiple vendor options for equipment purchases, saving Altru over $25,000 annually for the same equipment compared to previous, single vendor acquisition practices.
- Expanded ITSC support hours to provide better end user service support after hours.
- Developed shorter and more flexible shift schedule for ITSC staff - reducing shift obligations by 25%.
- Improved 60 Second call answer SLA success from 84% to 93%.
- Transformed the OnCall selection system - moved from 7 day rotation to 4 day rotations and introduced the ability to exchange shift assignments, increasing overall morale and motivation to perform OnCall duties and lessening the burden on each staff member.
- Transitioned standard desktop from Small Form Factor to the Lenovo Tiny PC - saving over $100k annually due to lower unit cost, space saving, and reduced electrical needs.
- Replacement of cart based laptops in Cancer Center to wall mounted PC’s in each treatment room - vastly improving nurse efficiency, elevating patient experience, and nearly eliminating ITSC service requests.
- Replaced the MinnDak Blood Bank IT system – modernizing the blood donation experience for patients and staff and increasing the accuracy of donation information and unit tracking.
- Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Currently converting from Novell Groupwise to MS Office 365.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Senior Team Lead
- The Deployment Operations Center is Confidential team that coordinates and facilitates all new system deployments for the Confidential retail locations worldwide. This team functioned as the active project management team, liaising between Confidential leadership and Confidential resources.
- Interacted with the project managers and business units to provide project status and issue updates, as well as onboard new projects and transition completed projects to normal support groups. Work closely with team analysts to resolve incidents and answer questions.
- Managed all network attached printers in all Confidential retail locations – including troubleshooting, incident resolution, and warranty and non-warranty replacements.
- Projects included (not limited to):
- Hardware Refresh – Primary Team Lead coordinating the upgrade and replacement of older and obsolete PC systems. Upgraded over 15,000 PC’s in 1100 separate customer locations. Provided daily status reports and conducted incident review meetings with project management and customer management teams.
- Switch and Router Replacement – Replaced onsite, local Cisco router and Cisco network switches. Directed onsite technicians in efficiently transferring connections to new equipment and maintaining location connectivity without affecting business functionality. Worked directly with AT&T to transition T-1 connections to new equipment. Resolved any connectivity incidents that occur as a result of project deployment.
- Windows 7 Upgrade – Installed Windows 7 via reimage on select in-store PC’s across over 1100 retail store locations. Reported detailed status reports to project and customer management teams on a daily basis. Directed analyst workflow to complete deployment in short deployment window.
- Created, reviewed, and approved new project and process documentation. Developed SOP for internal use as well as for project transition to normal support teams.
- Worked with network teams to ensure proper setup and configuration of Cisco network systems – including wireless, VLANs, VOIP, and trunk configurations.
- Developed, reviewed, and updated primary project and non-project knowledge, including deployment instructions and task process.
- Established and maintained excellent work relationships with project management teams, including those outside the Confidential group.
- Supervised team of 50+ analysts, engineers, and administrators, including remote on-call and weekends.
- Provided staffing recommendations and advised on analyst termination situations.
- Managed the DOC’s schedule and approved time off requests.
- On multiple occasions, directed analysts and advised project managers with corrective actions to prevent extensive sales loss by resolving issues before they impacted the customer.
- Recognized for maintaining high team morale and loyalty within the Deployment Operations team.
- Received praise for positive and optimistic attitude towards Confidential Store employees, Confidential Corporate leadership, Confidential staff, and fellow DOC staff.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
IT Support Analyst
- Troubleshooting of system and connectivity issues for Confidential end users, mainly remote laptop users.
- Utilized Altiris application to push software updates to client’s PCs.
- Provided onsite repair and maintenance for local corporate users.
- Supported peer groups via instant messaging and email to assist in resolving incidents more rapidly.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Systems Analyst / Team Lead
- Provided support to project teams deploying any new IS projects from Corporate to the retails stores. This included everything from daily work log updates and project deliverable coordination to schedule maintenance and issue management.
- Projects included (not limited to):
- Store Technology Upgrade – Effectively coordinated replacement of all PC, network, and server systems in every retail store. This includes POS systems, Cisco network gear, Confidential servers, and other IS technology.
- Customer Centricity – Modified store layouts based on sales demographics. This included reimaging devices, cable support, and new equipment installations.
- Technology Trade In – A test project to determine if Confidential should enter the used software industry. Included reimaging workstations and installing new printers.
- Created and updated project knowledge and reference materials.
- Provided support until “steady state” for any recent IS projects.
- Led and managed a team of analysts on several levels.
- Provided liaison support for current projects to customer management teams.
Confidential, Golden Valley, MN
Desktop Field Tech – IT Support
- Provided desktop support as a field tech – traveled to on-site locations and performed primary role as support on user ends as well as data centers.
- Primary tech on new machine configuration and setups – including deployment.
- Troubleshot and maintained LANs in various locations. Used skill sets to resolve issues onsite if tools and information where available. Gathered issue information before reporting to IT department for determination if resolution was not available. (Referred any unresolved issues to IT department for determination)
Confidential, Duluth, MN
Infrastructure Technician / Account Manager
- Installed, maintained, and repaired wireless infrastructure (802.11a/b & 900Mhz Performed assisting role for installation for new customers.
- Worked closely with Field Manager to analyze and resolve issues in field.
- Worked with clients to setup client side LAN to connect to infrastructure network.
- Supported the account management and sales teams.