- More than 20 years Lawson Systems Support and related Applications Systems Analyst
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Application Support Engineer
- Primary production support technical and functional for Lawson Financial modules: GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, Automated Matching and Accounting for Infor Lawson V10 Modules. Support Lawson Landmark, IPA and Rich Client Applications. Support Financial Systems which integrate between Lawson and SXe via ION Desk Middleware as well as related Taxware, TaxSolver, Spectrum, Bottomline, and other systems. Perform upgrades of software and related systems including associated interfaces.
- Provide technical and functional support to Finance GL, AP, AR users on Lawson Application Suite, Lawson add-ins and query tools. Provide installation support and production support for other software such as TaxSolver, TaxWare, GeoTax Spectrum, Bottomline, CODA, others. Facilitate issue resolution, providing alternative solutions to problems and proactively enhancing application design and implementation. Troubleshoot and test customizations and new program changes using various software such as SOAP UI to uncover solutions. Debug BOD XML data to test, troubleshoot and enhance functionality and productivity.
- Provide Business Analyst and Technical production support for General Ledger, AP, AR application, modifications, and interfaces. Troubleshoot Data Migration and Interface issues with SQL Query tools. Work closely with the business to automate vendor conversions and utilize Lawson Add-ins to upload data. Champion conversion efforts from legacy system to Lawson and new ERP ecosystem. Troubleshoot application issues escalating to vendor when necessary on all platforms in support of Lawson and Financials systems
- Create solutions to implementation challenges via troubleshooting custom code, implementation milestones, upgrades and enhancements for supported ERP software implementation. Install and Test Lawson CTP, JT, customs code applications, patches, and recompiles. Assist with product line data refreshes, and Lawson Process Flows maintenance. Implement patch applications, security changes, job scheduling, and general environment maintenance.
- Implement Bank Reconciliation CB185 and write Lawson IPA Process Flow to automate File transfers and Job Scheduling. Provide support for automation of batch jobs and reports as well as data extractions. Implement and assist vendor development with custom enhancements for Finance, AP and AR support.
- Troubleshoot, Maintain, and develop Process Flows and integration data between Lawson and Infor SXe systems. Implement and administer Lawson Application and LBI Security. Assist with problem resolution and bug fixes / enhancements by troubleshooting Lawson delivered process flows and demonstrating needed program changes to Infor Lawson support.
- Administer Security Infor Security Administration (ISA), Lawson Security, Landmark, utilizing Active Directory, Kerberos, Windows configurations.
- Create new Lawson LBI reporting platform including server setup and configurations as well as security setup. Post reports and troubleshoot any setup issues. Create Reports using SQL queries (complex joins) inside of Crystal Reports for Accounts Receivable to facilitate capital management.
- Solve installation problems on 64 and 32 bit platforms for ODBC, and Crystal, Infor Lawson Microsoft MOA add - ins software compatibility. Trained IT resources on Client Server Installs, Managing Security and User Accounts, Application Installation with associated Database connectivity. General application support and provide senior level support to helpdesk and PC Support technicians on installations and other support issues.
- Primary Project Manager to drive project plan for creating new Lawson Environment and champion the move to new supported platforms on Microsoft Server Environments. Review customizations and recommend changes to be made to support software upgrades. Coordinate with Vendor and Business Manager.
- Drive research and necessary remediation changes for General Application and Network Security and
Vulnerability for all IT Applications in support group using RAPID7.
- Support Change Management Process as well as updating ticketing system for coordinating changes and tracking vendor solutions and updates and tracking knowledge base articles. Attend online learning and compliance training on continuing basis.
Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT
- Provide technical and functional production support for Lawson Applications 9.x on Unix Operating System to Human Resources, Materials, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Finance Departments.
- Provide Technical support for Lawson LSA security, LBI security/setup, CTP applications, patches, product line data refreshes, and Lawson Process Flows maintenance.
- Primary production support including security setup for Crystal SAP Enterprise Server and Lawson Smart Office. Production support for Lawson LBI Reporting, Kronos system, Kronos Clocks, and Hand Held Scanner devices for Storeroom.
- Install software and troubleshoot cross platform software for Oracle Client and ODBC setup / application MSCM printer issues
- Provide Business Analyst and Technical production support for Benefits Enrollment application modifications, and interfaces, as well as Annual Enrollment application support. Update / recode ESS XML Customs pages.
- Implement new Item Master cleanse process for Materials Management Department, facilitate automation for item master uploads and agreement data via system uploads and Lawson Microsoft Add-ins.
- Champion EDI 810 automation for Lawson Supply Chain, Purchasing and Accounts Payable. Configure Lawson translation tables, Axway Server, FTP Client, test initial transmissions, work with GHX and Medassets to streamline technical issues with 4010 transaction sets. Train End Users on incoming error resolution, setup and monitor file interfaces, resolve issues both externally and internally. Support existing EDI 850 processes. Provide Primary support for Mobile Handheld Devices as well as Mobile Supply Chain Management. Provide Primary ERP Supply Chain support for the HL7 interface for requisitioning.
- Write Ad-Hoc reports using MS Access, Crystal, Lawson LBI, or Oracle SLQplus, SQL from Lawson, Kronos, and external data. Analyze data to determine needed system enhancements or training opportunities. Perform Data analysis using reporting tools and utilize Lawson Microsoft Add-ins for automating system uploads or data changes.
- Manage vendors to implement code enhancements, system interfaces, testing and roll out. Document and Test system changes with end users including CTP, environment, and general upgrades. Create Functional Test scripts and execute tests working with users to obtain sign off and production implementation.
- Train employees and create documentation for using Lawson software applications, Lawson Requisition Center, and other systems.
Lawson System Administrator
- Primary Lawson support person in both technical and functional capacity. Assist in Lawson system upgrades, patches, CTP, MSP application as well as data refreshes.
- Successfully implemented new security design and architecture. Design and Implement Lawson HR and Ultipro system security structure to ensure data confidentiality, privacy and EDI compliance with HIPAA and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Created System Data Mapping, Data Extraction, ETL Translation of Data elements to fit import specifications for Ultipro implementation. Provide data analysis; prepare data loads for new systems interfaces using data manipulation, calculations and other data mapping techniques.
- Implement updates to application design and setup for both Lawson and Ultipro systems. Configure update jobs, all program changes, and documentation in preparation of Self Service module rollout.
- As HRIS Analyst, Administer and roll out Lawson Self Service module which included Annual and New Hire Benefits Enrollment as well Compensation Planning, and Manager self service automation.
- Manage all phases of Hipaa EDI implementation. Analyze 834 Hipaa program specifications and implement program code changes together with IT resources. Transition these interfaces during Ultipro implementation.
- Develop and implement application enhancements to Lawson and other HR System applications, interfaces, and reporting capabilities for including business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Develop reporting databases and interfaces using Microsoft Access, Excel, and Crystal Reports to provide reporting dashboard reporting.
- Trained IT resources on Microsoft Server Administration, Managing Security and User Accounts, Application Installation, Database connectivity and Lawson/Ultipro table structures.
- Actively participated as primary technical resource in the search for a new HRIS system vendor resulting in Ultipro. Responsibilities included RFP Process, pre-sales meetings, as well as evaluation, analysis and design decisions for implementation of new system. Primary Technical Functional resource for two full ERP SDLC / PLC implementations.
- Performed Gap Analysis and recommended solutions to implementation challenges which occurred during project.
- Directed and trained Junior Analyst on core technical projects during new HRIS implementation. Demonstrated leadership by teaching and coaching others in technology efforts and decisions for project success.
Infor Lawson LSF Environment, Applications, Familiar with Cobol program concepts, setup, compile, working storage, general programming concepts. SQL Server queries, Cognos, Crystal, MS Access, Networking Knowledge, Application support, Familiar with Infor SXe, ION Middleware, BOD formation, scripting, HTML, Oracle database configuration, Oracle SQLplus queries, basic Oracle administration. Familiar with Familiar with XML, JAVA, MSACCESS, VB. Support for Lawson Installs on both Windows and Unix environments. Application support on Linux / Unix / Windows architecture.