IT Technical Support Specialist I
Confidential, Windsor VA
- Performs maintenance of computer infrastructure, including software installation, configurations, and debugging problems to root cause whenever possible.
- Assists with the development of checklists for typical problems.
- Helps with research, development of plans and technical solutions for all aspects of the Windows desktop computing environment.
- Serves as a primary escalation resource to assist service desk staff in answering user questions and resolving technical issues.
- Helps with all aspects of the PC provisioning system including the repository of system images. Participates in the automated deployment of MS Office applications. Participates in the automated deployment of all shrink wrap applications in the client technologies environment.
- Helps maintain the networked printing environment including print queues and printer drivers.
- Effectively communicates actions that have been taken and current problem conditions when escalating problems to senior technical support staff.
- Install, upgrade, and support all company PC s, printers, network hardware, options and any other computing related hardware. Including wireless and mobile computing devices
- Provide support for Keurig employees using remote connectivity to access corporate data.
Sr. AV/Telephony Administrator
- Performs routine and complex user support, administrative, and technical tasks for both classified and unclassified Audio Visual (AV) and Telephony environments.
- End User Support: Perform set - up for all built-in and portable AV/telephony equipment including, but not limited to audio (Avaya Aura Messaging, Call Pilot, Cloud PBX, Cloud PTSN, Skype, WebEx, and Zoom), presentations (LCD projectors, screens, and video) and lighting and controls and IP based phones.
- Voice/Video/Web Conferencing Support: Set up and assist users in conducting audio teleconferences, video conference and web conference using current CNA platforms.
- Systems Operation and Administration: Operate and administer AV/telephony equipment and services including telephone switches, business telephones, mobile devices and services, video teleconferencing lines, and voice mail system. Maintain equipment inventories and database such as lines, trunks, stations, cards, central and portable AV equipment, and all peripheral equipment, including add-on applications software and hardware. Manage and coordinate moves and changes for the AV/telephony system.
- Equipment management: Provide on-call troubleshooting support for AV/telephony systems. Serve as the primary interface with telecommunication consultants managing all negotiations for long distance and maintenance contract renewals. Work with service vendors (AT&T MPLS Network, Presidio Networked Solutions, Vision, Avitecture, Cisco, and DISA) to maintain the functionality of these systems.
- Vendor management: Maintain vendor relationships and service agreements for AV and telephony equipment and services. Manage long distance and local phone services, mobile voice and data services, and conferencing services and review bills and invoices for accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Security Department in the planning, deployment, maintenance and operations. Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all A/V and telephony procurement and development efforts.
- End User Computing Support: Performs general end user computer support tasks.
- Performed routine maintenance on all user accounts, data files
- Windows servers, Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory
- Input, update and closed out tickets in ServiceWise
- Assisted with Windows 10 rollout on end users computers, laptops and SurfacePro
- Expert working with MS Windows (XP, WIN 10), MS Office suite (Outlook 2016 (Win), Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007)
- Provided remote desktop support through a centralized server.
- Updated patches on P2P applications and updated business applications via established remote desktop connection.
- Assisted creating SOP manuals and training programs for new employees.
- VPN, LANDesk Installations / Support
- Managed system implementation with appropriate technical personnel.
- IT assistance in peer-to-peer file sharing remote desktop connectivity and other applications.
Video Teleconference Specialist
- Serves as Video Teleconference Specialist responsible for planning, coordinating, scheduling, promoting and providing video teleconferencing support.
- VTC support to Headquarters Department of the Army Assistant Chief of Staff of Installation Management (Senior Executive and General Officer level personnel).
- Daily interaction with General Officers and Senior Staff.
- Averaged 20-25 Secure and Non Secure VTCs for Global Mission monthly.
- Averaging 16-20 outside stations and 6-10 countries.
- Directs VTC for operations to ensure compliance with all security policies and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates requirements and recommends plans for proposed conferences by determining appropriate presentation techniques and operational requirements.
- Presentations include conferences, lectures, speeches, special events, and other custom-type presentations.
- Video/Sound/Projection System Support - Operates various types of fixed and portable audiovisual equipment to include video cameras in support of briefings and presentations to or by high-ranking officials, such as the Commanding General, Generals, Directors, Project Managers, key staff officials and others.
- Provides administrative (data collection and analysis, preparation of utilization reports), technical (analysis of problem when a call fails, training new operators on VTC equipment.
- Daily updates to SharePoint with new inventory, loans, returns and hand receipts.
- Resolved customer complaints and concerns with strong verbal and negotiation skills.
- Displayed courtesy and strong interpersonal skills with all customer interactions.
- Built and maintained successful relationships with service providers, dealers and consumers.
- Updated SOPs with new technology changes and equipment updates.
- Maintained composure and patience in face of difficult customer situations.
- Creates and resolves trouble tickets through BMC Remedy.
- User Account Request creations through the UAR system.
- VPN Support.
- Attend to customer's conference experience with new technology.
- Works on Cisco Telepresence Management Suite (TMS).
- Answer any AV questions in few words as possible.
- Made customers familiar with video conferencing/integrated rooms/auditoriums.
- Troubleshooting and making adjustments on conferences via phone/email.
- Follow a strict schedule with timeliness and calm demeanor.
- Participate in pre-conference teleconferences.
- Maintain Cisco/Tandberg video conference rooms/equipment daily.
- Coordinate equipment loans/ video call schedule.
- Operate bridges to connect video conferences.
- Install/configure video conference units on site.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with remote locations.
- Communicate thoroughly with my team any updated information.
- Provided base level IT support to company personnel.
- (Deskside support, iPhone Assistance, iPad Assistance.
- Lead on iPhone migration.
- (Consist of activation, configuring customer’s enterprise network accounts and updating the iOS and distributing to customers in return for their blackberry devices.
IT Helpdesk Technician
- Identified and resolved issues related to desktop computer hardware, operating systems, and software applications for Windows desktops.
- Troubleshoot problems and provided support for Microsoft applications such as Outlook and Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Internet Browsers.
- Assisted with installing, moving, adding and/or changing (IMAC) desktops, laptops, printers, and other approved peripheral devices.
- Created logon scripts and standard computer images including Desktop Image and Patch Management.
- Assisted with centrally managing desktops, laptops, printers, and other network peripheral devices.
- Provided quality customer service and support for designated equipment.
- Responded to telephone, electronic, and/or walk up request for IT support as part of a Service Desk operations.
Service Desk Specialist
- Managed and supported hardware and software operations at one on-site and two remote Data Centers. Supporting Military personnel, CIV and Contractors.
- Researched new technologies and calculated future needs to achieve accurate capacity planning.
- Negotiated hardware and software purchases and maintenance contracts.
- Facilitated weekly SharePoint team meetings as well as individual consulting.
- Managed the FMO SharePoint page by updating the site, granting permissions to personnel and troubleshooting.
- Upgraded WIN XP systems to WIN7.
- Identified, isolated and repaired computer equipment showing wear and tear as well as during preventative maintenance routines.
- Implemented effective customer satisfaction strategies by identifying and eliminating the root causes of customer problems.
- Provided Tier II support and troubleshooting for Dell and HP desktops, laptops, local printers, network printers, and other devices such as local scanners, and eCopy machines.
- Supported operating systems include Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Utilized the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Front Range ticketing system to assist SEC Employees and contractors by creating reports, updating, and resolving incidents.
- Updated user information; added/removed computer objects via BV-Admin Administration and Active Directory Administrative Center.
- Worked with Network Engineering, VOIP, etc., to fulfill customer requests which include, but are not limited to
- VOIP phone configurations.
- Activating labeled network ports for SEC connection or visitor line access
- Provided basic troubleshooting for BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Giritech G/On, RSA token, USB wireless card, and MiFi devices.
- Managed and recorded the transfer of tagged assets via the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) within ITSM Front Range.
- Planned, developed, and updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for undocumented processes in a user friendly manner for supported VIPs as well as the Tier II team.
- Reimaged Dell desktop and laptop computers and configured proper software based on user/ IT Specialist feedback.
- Installed Virtual Private Network (VPN) certificates on laptops.
- Supported Assistive Technology (AT) users by setting up computer equipment for the testing of 508 compliant applications such as JAWS, Kurzweil, Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Zoom Text.
Service Desk Agent
- Provided Tier I level helpdesk assistance to over 363,000 computers, serving more than 707,000 Sailors, Marines and civilians in 620 locations in the continental United States, Hawaii, and Japan.
- Troubleshoot software: Microsoft Office (including web base OWA), Radia, Radfast, VPN, BURAS, ATHOC, Adobe, Active Client (Any software that is approved that the customer may need.
- Activated, Unlocked, disabled, and enabled users accounts.
- Updated member’s profiles in Active Directory & ADAEO (Rank, Title, numbers, offices, location.
- Proficiently troubleshoot Citrix systems including XenDesktop.
- Distributed calls to the appropriate call queue.
Client Systems Administrator
- Confidential, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma
- Provided Tier I, II and III support to over 3,700 service members, Civilians and Contractors for several assigned bases
- Coordinated over 80 VTCs monthly which supported the missions within 10 regions in the Area of Operation
- Lead Technician; scheduled 15+ VTCs weekly for high level personnel
- Lead and trained several Airman. Wrote and submitted evaluations along with awards on each.
- Briefed several theater commanders, dignitaries on critical mission ops regarding Information Technology and Information Security.
- Managed publications and forms development, design, control, storage, acquisition and dissemination
- Performed client support administration (client-level information technology support) functions
- Managed hardware and software; ran system diagnostics and determined root cause of failures
- Installed and configured software operating systems and applications
- Assessed, developed, and managed desktop common-operating pictures/dashboards
- Monitored and managed information system security programs; reported security incidents and formulated corrective security procedures
- Used and managed technologies to capture, organize, and store activities/experiences, leveraging collaborative knowledge across disparate organization
- Troubleshoots/Replaced VTC equipment with the ability to execute IP/ISDN classified and unclassified VTC sessions, Printers, Blackberry's, Hard Drives, CAC Readers (internal and external) (SIPR&NIPR
- Reimaged Hard Drive/Ghost Machines
- Degaussed Hard Drives
- Installed VPN on Laptops
- Created, Updated, Review and close trouble tickets in Remedy
- Updated Approved Software (Office, Adobe, Adobe Pro, NavFit, WAVE, Active Client, Remedy, Active
- Directory, CAMS, Printer software etc.)