- Hardware Configuration LAN/WAN Connectivity
- Network Connectivity Knowledge System Upgrades
- Software Installation Technical Troubleshooting
- Preventive Maintenance Remedy / Cherwell Service Management
MS Office 365 (Word, MS Outlook, Access, Excel)
Desk Support Technician
- As the team Assistant Led for the Arlington County PC replacement team, led a team of 5 trained PC migration professional on multiple detailed installation for VIP clients.
- Image multiple Desktop with KVM Switch and Used Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Install, configure, test, support and troubleshoot PC s, laptops and mobile devices, working with the applications, infrastructure and/or network teams when necessary.
- Provides advanced technical support for over 4500 user and mobile devices
- Work closely with application and infrastructure teams to manage support activities for deployments
- Receive and resolve Tier2 application problems for users requiring analysis, application of multiple technical skills in desktop problem resolution, network connectivity or other associated user support areas
- Monitor and troubleshoot access to files, shared folders and network printing devices
- Simulate or re - create vaguely-defined user problems to identify and document exact nature of problem and to resolve difficulties
- May assist in testing or providing technical advice about innovative technology, including evaluation of new or upgraded software to determine usefulness to the County
- Use service desk ticketing system to record and track tickets, and contribute solutions for new/unique problems to the group knowledge base. (i.e. Cherwell Service Management, OnBase)
- Provide training and/or consultation to end users on effective use of mobile devices that could include laptops, tablets, smartphones or other devices
- Assist in evaluating innovative technologies and products
- Asset Inventory Support & Conduct physical inventory of assets
- PC Remediation with Tech. Coordinator
- Use PC Scheduler for daily PC Deployments
Lead Windows 10 Migration Technician
- Supervise Tier 2 level Desktop support technicians in troubleshooting PC hardware/software and IT systems as well as executing Installs, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC), LANDesks, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), VMWare, and McAfee support.
- As the team lead I ensure that first and second-level support for the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 an is done in a timely manner.
- Participate in device collection, configuration, and upgrade of client endpoint devices
- Help to ensure all steps for a successful upgrade of multiple laptops daily
- Work with each client to help ensure checklist items are completed and that the laptops are issue-free
- Use Windows PowerShell to upload and start staged migrations
- Use Windows PowerShell to obtain the status and statistics from staged migrations
- Re-imaging desktops, VDIs' and Dell Laptops/tablets
- Use PowerShell for Desktop Support security (Antivirus/Encryption Software, VPN)
- Use PowerShell to Deploy software used to assist migration (Robocopy/Norton Ghost)
- Subject matter Expert (SME) on troubleshooting machine and resolution, new software installation, imaging new machines, and deployment of new and old machines.
- Accurately log, ticket, and track/own all complications and occurrences.
- Add users/customers to McAfee Drive Encryption (MDE)
Windows 10 Migration Technician
- Migrates data from Windows 7 to Windows 10 machines through the completion of backing up system data, imaging machines, restores data and configures applications from the Medimmune domain to the Confidential (AZ) domain.
- Provides Second and Third-level support for the upgrade to Windows 10. Trains end users on Windows 10 platform.
- Serves as a MAC administrator for imaging and migrating MAC users to the AZ domain
- Administers and monitors System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) for installing software packages to migrated user workstations.
- Administers and monitors Atos Central Tracking Management Systems (CTMS) tool for migration processes assigned to specific user’s computers and accounts.
- Facilitates classroom training for newly migrated users
- Provides front line administrator and end user support for End User community
- Participates in device collection, configuration, and upgrade of client endpoint devices to include Surface Pro’s
- Perform successful upgrade of multiple laptops / desktops daily
- Ensures checklist items are completed and that the end devices are issue-free upon pickup
- Performs asset disposal process and liaise with customers, team members and vendors
- Serves as the Project Manager to coordinate and communicate changes with the customer and team members
- Provides support for escalations from Help Desk and desk side support technicians
- Travels in support of Windows 10 migration projects and served as Project Manager.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Setup User Microsoft 365 Suite and Configure Outlook Mail Account.
- Map Users to the Network, Backup Data.
- Install Special Software, PDF Files set up.
- Put User on the Domain, Activate Word.
- Map Users to the Printers.
- Image PC or Laptop.
- Migrating User from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Desktop Support Technician
Confidential, Fairfax , VA
- Respond to work from a work assignment system and generally perform work under general supervision and operate within well-defined guidelines
- Process Improvement. Provides technical feedback on technical process issues to improve overall service delivery
- Ticket and workload management utilizing customer provided ticketing system. Service Now
- Works with Department manager, and the Procurement Manager to purchase hardware and software
- 6 In coordination with network administrators, assist with network software deployment and problem troubleshooting
- Deploy and maintain out of band management devices in Retail locations, so that network equipment can be managed remotely
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Participate in training and work to develop and maintain top knowledge in existing and new technologies to provide most effective support
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues ranging from hardware, software, network and account management
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems, referring more complex networking problems to network administrators or IT managers
- Provides on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware
- Provide basic network support ensuring desktop and other networked peripherals full connectivity
- Perform or assist in the development, implementation, support, and documentation of new and existing technology solutions