Successful computer technician with six years of hands - on experience in a large community college setting. Manage five computer labs for the non-curriculum computer classes. I also have an Associate’s degree in Electronic Engineering Technology-Telecommunications & Network Engineering option which provides me a strong knowledgebase from my college coursework.
- Well organized, dependable, efficient team player
- Take a hands-on approach in clarifying customer expectations and resolve issues efficiently
- Highly motivated, dependable, goal-oriented, and flexible
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills with efficient and successful solutions
- Install operating systems Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10
- Install Windows updates and software programs on various operating systems
- Install/uninstall hardware/software
- Install and manage anti-virus programs
- Install/maintain network printers
- Create/change user/group profiles
- Use DeepFreeze software to preserve system settings
- Use imaging software such as Clonezilla to restore computer image to corrupted PC
- Move important files from an older PC to a newer one using Windows Easy Transfer Wizard via flash drive
- Able to use time management to efficiently maintain five classrooms to ensure optimum use by students, faculty, and staff
- Good attendance, honest, reliable, thorough, able to multi-task, able to learn quickly
- Help unload and set up PCs in classrooms
- Troubleshoot network within classroom environment
- Format and create partitions on hard drive
- Set up and maintain scanners
- Perform windows updates as well as MS Office updates
- Install MS Office 2007, 2010 and 2013
Confidential, Jamestown, NC
Confidential, Jamestown, NC
- Consult with Interim Director of Occupational concerning potential upgrades of programs, operating systems, and peripherals to benefit both students and Confidential .
- Started as an assistant to the Lead Computer Instructor which, upon his retirement, led to full responsibility for maintaining computer labs on three campuses which consists of approximately 125 computers.
- Special projects including preparing laptops for using in corporate, set up TCP/IP printers for the classrooms, and changed hard drives for different classes, added memory, video cards and power supplies as needed to ensure each computer lab classroom is operational.
- Aid instructors and employees in using programs, passwords, changing passwords, printing and projecting images using video equipment.
- Support included creating and imaging computers, updating the operating system as well the various programs installed. Scanned for malware, provided updates and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Basic hardware/software installations, troubleshooting skills such as creating system images, virus removal, installing Adobe and Windows updates and replacing sound cards, hard drives and basic networking functions.