I’m a network administrator/systems support guru currently searching for a full time position, with a well - established company in an environment that offers new challenges and the opportunity to help the company advance efficiently and productively.
- Motivated, personable business professional with 15+ years experience and a successful 11 year track record of profitable business ownership.
- Talent for quickly mastering technology and software.
- Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals of all levels.
- Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records.
- Demonstrated history of generating and maintaining accurate RFPs, schematics, reports, dossiers, invoices, inventories and accounts. I’m able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure.
- Poised and competent with a demonstrated ability to easily transcend cultural differences.
- I enjoy deadline-driven/fast paced environments and new and unique solutions.
- Excellent team-building skills.
- Active Directory Inst/Adm/Maint
- Desktop Mastery
- Workstation Setup/Repair/Connectivity
- Wireless *.* incl, Meraki
- Call Center Admin Avaya-Mitel Hardware/Software
- OS Exp. Dos, Novell Win3.x-Win10, SQL MSWSNT - ’16 1803
- VMWare ESXi, Vsphere, Hyper-V
- Excellent Customer Service
- Professional Presentations Bids/Slideshows/TechMaps
- Project Management
- Very Organized
Network/Desktop Design and Support
- Troubleshot security access and program issues on Windows Desktop Operating Systems to determine course of action, and assisted end-users in a resolution, hands on or performing a walkthrough over the phone. Kept professional correspondence to customers and vendors.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and laptop hardware including, but not limited to hard drives, RAM, video cards, system boards, and network cards.
- Rapidly learned and mastered varied computer programs including proprietary CAD and accounting software.
Customer Service/Network engineer
- Oversee front-office operations and provide impeccable customer service:
- Built a clientele supported by 66% referral business.
- Developed and implemented strategic plans for business:
- Launched a thriving Business Level Network Design/Support Company, building revenue from $0 to over $80K in first 2 years with minimal overhead.
- Created special proposals, including the write-up, design, and planning to implementation.
- Won ambitious contracts with John J. Kirlin and Mechanical Services through proven service demonstrations and proposals.
- Built 2, 32 system LANS and secured/maintained/managed.
- Wrote up documentation and trained in-house LAN manager.
- M anaged all aspects of day-to-day operations as owner of successful SMB networking and desktop repair business.
- Scheduling for office averaging 30 appointments weekly.
- Finances: accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, billing, budgeting.
- Supervision of 3 employees.
Confidential, TXCustomer Service/Network engineer
- Upgrading NAS/Racks/Server OSs.
- Rolling out up to 3 devices per user Desktop/Laptop/Thin Client with 2-3 monitors and strategically placing printers for 270 endpoints.
- Using VDI and SCCM validating profiles and desktops.
- Planned and excuted project map.
- Currently staging validated units through 4 floors in preparation for final convergence.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Complete on-site IT and MSP for Confidential small and mid-sized businesses. From business process analysis and re-engineering to site survey, network design and architecture. This includes Servers/OS/Software, cabling, rack/switch/router LAN/WAN/VLAN configuration to VoIP and endpoint devices including workstations, peripherals, cells, phones etc. Maintenance of complete IT environment upheld by varying monthly rotating contracts including on-site hours, email and phone response/support and remote support.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Lead Network Design / Senior Systems Administrator
- Technical lead on multi-million dollar build out of a 17,000 sq/ft 65 seat facility.
- Designed and laid out network infrastructure with wired and wireless access; designed multi-layer data and physical security for servers and IT room; coordinated acquisition and installation of all peripheral technology elements including; telephony, camera security & audio visual; acted as corporate liaison between architect & general contractor.
- Project was completed on time and within budget with zero downtime.
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Founded and raised company from ground level to a successful 4 employee business.
- Increasing profits and contracts 50-100%/y 1-5 years and 20-50%/y over the following 5 years Back office, Front End, Advertising and Technical work are some of the things I do on a daily basis.
- I have vast experience in everything from founding the business and generating paperwork to Administering MSWS 2003 AD and testing MSWS 2016 and Windows 10 in several environments.
- Most often I have been designing, selling and supporting home networks and standalone PC’s, as well as small & medium business networks.
- From design and build, to implementing network, network security, maintaining stability and streamlining work-flow.
- I’m also versed in hardening servers, networks and PC’s.
- Familiar with MSO and most other MS products.
- I have a working knowledge of Linux/Unix/MacOS/SunSolaris and Novell Netware. I'm quick to learn and ambitious.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Network support and development for Mid-Eastern headquarters of Confidential.
- Maintained current network, implemented new hardware/software, and converted Token Ring to Ethernet.
- Problems ranged from simple errors, drive maintenance, and access speed to a total revamp of the physical and networking layers.
- Created reports and maintained recent client data, as well as scheduled repair dates and times.