- Over 20 years of professional experience
- 7 years senior management of IT operations
- 14 years in systems engineering, integration & test, subcontract management, project management
- 6 years with Confidential as an intelligence analyst and Arabic / Hebrew linguist
- International assignments in the UK, Israel, and Taiwan
Manager, Production Support
- Manage the operational support teams for the Federal Employment Program for the BCBS Association which support 36 BCBS Plans and 5.5 million members
- Responsible for supporting production systems (enrollment and claims processing) using mainframe and distributed software technologies
- Manage the Confidential Product Adoption team which is responsible for assisting BCBS Plans in the testing and onboarding of new NextGen applications
- Manage the Confidential client services team for end user support for user onboarding, desktop support, Exchange administration, telephony, application installation, and Active Directory administration
Director, IT Operations and Infrastructure
- Director of IT responsible for all Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
- Manage multiple teams with 19 direct reports responsible for the on premise and cloud based VMs, storage, Office 365, SOC services, custom applications, cloud based applications, Enterprise Applications (financial systems, CRM, HR, Integrations), Secure integrations with financial institutions, SOX compliance
- Developed strategy and tactics to reduce IT infrastructure costs while improving service to enterprise customers
- Identified and recruited key IT personnel
- Developed IT staff through informal and MSDN accounts with Azure credits
- Vendor selection and contract negotiations on IT operations and infrastructure projects
- Oversee technical integrations for mergers and acquisitions
- Manage IT operations coordination between Tiers1, 2, 3, Network, Telecom operations teams
- Develop corporate IT policies
Sr Manager, IT
- Sr Manager responsible for the corporate IT infrastructure
- Responsible for all critical systems: messaging; identity management; corporate ecosystem health; tier 3 escalations
- Met with each business area to development operational requirements, SLAs, and OLAs
- Developed plans and managed the technical migrations for mergers and acquisitions (AD, Exchange, Network, Server/Application).
- MS Azure infrastructure buildout to include O365, ADFS / Single Sign - On, Azure AD premium
- Engineering process improvement lead: Established corporate incident and change management processes; Recommended and engineered iterative improvements to corp systems and processes
- SOX security audits
Sr Project Manager / Supervisor / Systems Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed the schedule, risk, quality, staffing, and integration of 12 projects.
- Primary interface between engineering, development, configuration management, and operations team. Provided analysis and consultancy services for intake process improvements.
- Supervisor of a network operations center and product services center of 20 personnel supporting 24x7 operations.
- Developed requirements and design documentation for a large scale software development and integration project consisting of COTS and in-house software tools.
Systems Integration Lead / C4ISR Subject Matter Expert
- Systems engineer, systems integration lead on Taiwan An-Yu4 / Po-Sheng programs
- International assignment in Israel (3 years) and Taiwan (2 years) managing the systems integration of a large-scale air defense program. Integration included custom software, COTS, military sensors (tracking / targeting) and communications subsystems.
- Managed multiple integrated product teams for the hardware, software, and communications subsystems.
- Responsible for site surveys, system installation planning, configuration management processes, and project schedule.
- Worked with Taiwanese military officers and Israeli software engineers in the negotiations and development of system/subsystem specifications.
- Developed software installation procedures and scripts to distribute custom code to multiple operations centers and assets geographically dispersed.
- Successfully trained 10 Taiwanese engineers on systems architecture and maintenance and 50 Taiwan Air Force officers on system capabilities as part of a train the trainer program
- Consistently maintained high fees on a high profile contract
- Tracked program metrics and milestones for program management and customer briefings.
- Project lead in investigating and developing prototypes for human machine interfaces with architectural emphasis on telecommunications systems in support of the warfighter under adverse battlefield conditions.
- Directed implementation of new Homeland Security directives for the Transportation Security Administration ( Confidential ) for all airports in New Mexico and SW Colorado.
- Managed a team of 5 personnel dispersed throughout the target region
- Assessed security needs at each airport and coordinated with federal officers and local airport officials on required modifications.
- International assignment in the United Kingdom managing a systems administration team of 20 people in support of 2 daily shifts.
- Liaison with Confidential customer in to production status and quality assurance.
- Systems integration & test on a d Confidential capture system (optical mark / character recognition).
- Responsible for sys admin at the Census Bureau D Confidential Capture Center
- Relocated to California as primary technical liaison with Confidential