- Experienced Senior Systems engineer with over 20 years of experience.
- I have worked on systems at all levels mainframe, mid - range and LAN.
- Looking for new opportunities to expand my IT Security interest or the next Legacy migration of old technology to modern technology.
- 27 years’ experience as an Information Technology Professional
- 3 years’ experience as an IT Manager for Global Infrastructure Services Organization
- Business IT support Residential IT support
- Auto Repair Auto Detailing
- General Handyman projects
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
IT Support Engineer
- Provides operations/maintenance of Company IT systems supporting local and remote users
- Maintains and manages all systems including monthly server updates
- Ensures availability/reliability of servers to meet business demands
- Performs file system configuration/management, server/network user backups and recovery
- Maintains/configures Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Anti-virus
- Maintain corporate Ricoh Network Printers and other local printers
- Manage and support CISCO VOIP telephones
- Manage and support Polycom Teleconference phones and VTC system
- Manage and support Cisco VPN system and RSA SecureID tokens
- Manage and install PKI Certifications for secure IP communications
- Adds, deletes/modifies IT infrastructure, server management, disaster recovery system
- Installs and troubleshoots hard drive encryption, filtering and malware protection
- Offers technical solutions and in-depth expertise during customer meetings
- Install, configured and migrated 90 users from local Exchange server to cloud based E-mail hosted by Microsoft. Installed and configured Microsoft Office 365 on all users computers
- Manage MS Office 365 installation and use of MS Office Applications
- Manage, install, and configure other Microsoft Applications ( Project - Visio) which Were not included in MS Office 365 distribution
- Assists and provides solutions to end-user computer problems.
- Completed a project where all users laptops were hardware was upgraded and migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Performs duties as Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility Manager
- Configures computer security settings
- Maintains accurate hardware and software inventory
- Investigates and documents security incidents
- Maintains written logs documenting operations and maintenance activities performed on the computer system and support end-users
- Maintains desktop computers, server management, computer security policies and technical administrative controls
- Ensures Company’s compliance to DCID 6/3, ICD-503 and NISPOM regulations
- Develops computer system security documentation
- Develops and conduct certification tests
- Maintains accurate records documenting system maintenance/security changes
- Develops and follows process documents
- Performs software patch installation, antivirus updates and security self-reviews
- Assists others in the use of information security provisioning and monitoring tools to support process improvement
- Provides oversight, policy, procedure development and related functions in compliance with the DCID 6/3, ICD-503 and NISPOM directives.
- Manages and maintains COMSEC accounts
- Provides guidance to the company on COMSEC Cryptographic items
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
Systems Engineer Sr. Staff
- Coordinate both secure and non-secure communications support to the Confidential, and the Director of Central Intelligence and their senior support staff.
- I was a member of a traveling team which supported the above principles in order to provide 24x7 communications, this support included secure voice, data and VTC.
- We provided the normal office communications environment both in their regular offices and while on travel both domestic and overseas.
SR Systems Administrator/Network Engineer
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Provided System Administration Data Center support for a the above principals.
- Support consisted of standard Windows administration of the data center and E-mail servers.
- Also included was the testing and setup of the users laptop and equipment for
- VPN access back to the Data Center through various forms of network access including broadband, ISDN, POTS and satellite connections.
Lotus Notes Administrator
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided Lotus Notes Administrator support as part of a team providing Tier 2 level support.
Technical Lead, Herndon, VA
- SR Network Lead, SR Network Administrator (175+ users)
- SR Desktop Support, Lotus Notes Administrator version 5.0.
- Delivered IT Technical support and provided Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for all client issues regarding LAN, WAN, COTS software, E-mail and daily Datacenter operations.
- Manage IT and LAN Network support for Confidential Government Relations Office.
- Manage and Deliver IT Technical support for the client’s LAN and Voice Systems by Implementing Confidential ’s standard operating procedures and best practices processes in order to meet the Service Level Agreements as mandated in the outsourcing contract with our client