Proficient Office Assistant adept in efficiently and accurately managing records and databases. Excellent communication and leadership skills, demonstrated through over 10 years of experience in office environments. Excellent organization skills, including office scheduling, meeting logistics and event planning. Accomplished at meeting deadlines and working with a high level of multicultural awareness and adaptability.
- Follow - up skills
- Communication skills
- Positive behavior modeling
- Payment processing
- Small group instruction
- Information collection
- ICD-9 forms
- Strategic decision-making
- Planning and development
- Records maintenance
- Invoice processing
- Filing and data archiving
- Teamwork and collaboration
- HIPAA compliance
- Database management
- Administrative support
- Transcription and dictation
- Excellent planner and coordinator
- Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge
Confidential, Washington, DC
Office Assistant - Clinical/Administrative
- Created and maintained processes for administrative operations to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Coached new employees on administrative procedures, company policies and performance standards.
- Performed general administrative duties, including copying, faxing and filing.
- Composed and drafted all outgoing correspondence and reports for managers.
- Managed the reception area, including responding to telephone calls, in-person requests, internal and external communications and greeting visitors.
- Distributed incoming mail throughout the office.
- Managed office operations including communications, mail distribution, and supply ordering and inventory control.
- Cataloged and managed department records and files for prompt and efficient retrieval.
- Coordinated staff meetings, including schedules, information preparation and distribution.
- Worked successfully with different methods of data collection.
- Accommodated patients by scheduling appointments, and establishing relationships with managed care organizations, area hospitals and insurance companies to expedite payments and resolve issues.
- Adhered to strict HIPAA guidelines at all times according to company policy.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the Confidential
- Documents patient’s weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure at patient healthcare visit as ordered or per protocol
- Collects samples such as urine, blood and stool specimens in the healthcare centers as ordered performs phlebotomy as ordered and prepares specimens for transport to laboratory
- Documents services preformed for compliance and reporting purposes
- Review physicians orders, lab request or follow-ups needs with patients
- Collaborates with other nursing personnel and participates as a team member
- Administers purified protein derivative (PPD), as ordered
- Reports changes in patients physical status to the nurse manger
- Ensures maintenance of patient confidentiality
- Maintains logs as directed by the nurse manger
- Communicates in tactful and professional manger
- Maintains standard precautions for injection control
Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Explained procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and increase patient cooperation.
- Completed clinical procedures and gathered patient data for interpretation by a physician.
- Tested and recorded blood glucose levels.
- Collected, organized and restocked supplies in all units.
- Performed clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing.
- Obtained accurate medical histories from patients, highlighting critical information.
- Attended required, and meetings.