Confidential is a dedicated tenacious and client - focused, seasoned information technology professional with over 20 years of successful proven experience in network engineering, security information assurance, technical project management, and consulting. She demonstrates excellence in project engineering and implementation, and is a very detailed organized and results driven professional. Confidential has the ability to lead a team of technical professionals and ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
Hardware: McAfee Network Security Platform-Intrusion Prevention System (IPS); Cisco 2500/2600/2800/3600/4000/7000 series routers; Cisco Catalyst 1900/2900/4000/5000/6000 series switches; Juniper routers; Alpine Extreme 3804 and 48si series switches; Taclane Classic/E100/Mini Encryption devices; Cisco 416/430 and Distributed Director Load Balancing devices; F5 Big-IP and Content Service Switch (CSS 11500) load-balancing appliances; SSL Accelerator web server appliance; Nokia 440, 530 and 650 series firewall appliances; Cisco Pix 515/525 firewall appliance; Ascend Max 5000/6000 series modems; Digital Link CSU/DSU 3100/3800; Larsecom Split-T/Access-T/Mega-T CSU/DSU; Verilink CSU/DSU; HPP/HSP and VSAT satellite indoor unit; Various protocol analyzers
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS; Microsoft Windows
Software: Cisco IOS series code revisions; Checkpoint Firewall-1.4.x, NG series code revisions; Solar Winds, Tenable Nessus; McAfee Vulnerability Manager; Splunk; Xacta IA Manager; Microsoft Office Suites; Sun Solaris; Visio; Net-Xray and Net Monitor Protocol Analyzer; Checkpoint; Netviz 2.0; Network Management Systems/HP Openview; Action Remedy Trouble Management System; Clarify Ticket System; Siebel
Communications Protocols: LAN/MAN/WAN and TCP/IP technology; Frame Relay; TLS; T-1; T-3; Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet; DNS; VLAN Topology; Spanning Tree Protocol-MST, PVST+ protocol
- Provide Acquisition Support for Procurement of new contracts supporting Confidential OneNet Enterprise Network.
- Develop acquisition documentation, such as Statement of Work (SOWs), Statement of Objectives (SOOs), Market Research, etc. for procurement activities leading to acquisitions of various IT systems, equipment, and services required for projects.
- Interact and coordinate actions of IT projects with various Confidential Contracting Officers and Contracting Officer Representatives to submit acquisition packages for processing related to new contract solicitations.
- Additionally, keep track of all items within the annual budget and forecasts new items in preparation for the next fiscal budget year.
- Prepare documentation and presentations for weekly briefings with the Confidential Executive Director regarding projects and items being tracked within the annual spend plan.
- Participate on various IPTs for new initiatives that directly impact the financing of new internal projects or contracts for bid to external vendors prior to implementation into the Confidential infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise related to security related issues that may arise, specifically the Security Tools that are being procured by the Confidential OneNet Team. Essentially work as the technical liaison between the OneNet POCs and the Confidential Business Management Team.
- Provide and guidance to other internal teams on the Purchase Request (PR) process to ensure acquisition documentation is accurate and complete prior to submission.
- Perform technical reviews and conduct research of various Market Research Reports for new contract solicitations of software/hardware supporting the Confidential OneNet SOC/NOC, and HSDN and C-LAN infrastructures.
- Additional responsibilities include providing technical security reviews of all networking devices to ensure security hardening are in place during Security Assessments for various system new accreditations under the Confidential Portfolio. This also includes providing security recommendations and best practice methods in maintaining alignment compliance standards of Confidential 4300A policies.
Sr. Information System Security Engineer
- Provided Information Assurance oversight ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability on all Confidential enterprise wide networks and systems.
- Responsibilities included information security, security infrastructure design and implementation, risk and vulnerability assessment, as well as the impact of security requirements on a business operation. The environment included Firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems, routers, switches, Active Directory, file/print servers, and workstations.
- Served as the Network Subject Matter Expert (SME) by participating on weekly Confidential Infrastructure Change Control Board, which includes reviewing all enterprise infrastructure configuration changes to ensure configurations were valid in meeting security requirements, and provided recommendations in moving forward with the system implementation.
- Provided configuration guidance for hardening for Windows and Linux Server Platforms that are implemented within the Confidential Data Centers infrastructure.
- Served as the Network Security SME for new projects being implemented within the Confidential Data Centers, such as Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and Wireless Solutions that were deployed within the Confidential Core Infrastructure network. Provided guidance on security best practices according to NIST, FISMA guidelines and ensured security controls were met per Confidential 4300A policy prior to project implementation into the Confidential network infrastructure.
- Served as the Security Lead for the Confidential Disaster Recovery Coop Migration Project, which involved migration of Windows File Servers and Active Directory services from Data Center I to Data Center II.
- Evaluated and made recommendations on requests for new software and hardware additions for security and compatibility issues.
- Provided security engineering design and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security Engineering. Assessed and provided oversight for mitigation strategies for system security threats/risks throughout the program lifecycle; validated system security requirements, definition, and analysis; performed system and accreditation planning, testing, and liaison activities.
- Developed new security requirements and SOPs for the Risk Management Division of Confidential .
- Provided guidance to system and network administrators on implementing security controls to ensure NIST and Confidential 4300A policies were enforced to ensure Confidential information systems security posture were compliant and secured.
- Managed Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to ensure Confidential systems met FISMA Compliance.
- Developed the new standard security hardening configurations for Cisco networking devices; a policy, which has been mandated as the security guidance enterprise wide on Confidential network infrastructures.
- Contributed to the new internal program and trained other team members on security hardening configurations for networking devices implemented within the Confidential infrastructure.
- Operated as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for Confidential OneNet system.
- Operated as the ISSO for Confidential Redundant Trusted Internet Connection (RTIC) system.
- Operated as the ISSO for Confidential LAN A Network Services system.
- Operated as the ISSO for Confidential LAN A Core Services system.
- Operated as the ISSO for Confidential PBX system.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Provided Network Engineering and technical solutions in support of the Confidential 6000+ end user community.
- Project implementation and project management on various tasks driven by the government’s requirements and responsibilities to support the mission for the Confidential .
- Served as the Network Engineering Lead on various high visibility projects which created new opportunities for additional projects to be created and implemented to improve the quality of service and network infrastructure to the Confidential community.
- Served as the lead point of contact Engineer within the team on building and creating various firewall changes that were required within the network.
- Actively involved on large Confidential customer site builds which included gathering of customer and business requirements, interfacing with various vendors, coordinating meetings, preparing Bill of Materials, creating Visio diagrams, rack elevations and creating and implementing network gear configurations in preparation for the site installation.
- Served as an escalation point of contact for normal daily operational activities for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support teams.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Provided Network Engineering and technical analysis support under the ITA Special Interests Projects Team supporting various Confidential and Confidential agencies.
- Served as the Project Engineer Lead with managing and implementing various project requirements for the Joint Staff user community at the Confidential and National Capital Region.
- Performed site surveys and developed Technical Analysis Cost Estimates (TACE) for all new network requirements for customers.
- Ensured all TACE included engineering solutions that met current architectural standards and all costing was appropriate for the level of effort.
- Created written documentation-Engineering Installation Plans for the customer’s new network requirements.
- Implemented network design changes and upgrades during customer Authorized Outage windows.
- Ensured that all required project equipment was procured by the PM; configured, delivered to the site, installed and user tested.
- Adhered to the overall project schedule and ensured overall technical quality for the project.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Provided Network Engineering services to various Confidential and Confidential agencies in support of the Command Communications Survivability Program ( Confidential ) at the Confidential .
- Served as a member of a team of Engineers responsible for network design, build out, implementation and maintenance for the next generation Confidential community IP/MPLS network.
- Supported and engineered solutions using various network gear platforms such as Juniper, Cisco, and Extreme. This involved the initial configuration and installation of these devices in support of routing various customer networks to the core MPLS backbone.
- Analyzed various customer network requirements and conducted logical and physical surveys of their network; Engineered solutions for them in order to be compliant within the Confidential network redundancy standards; coordinated and implemented the customer migrations over to the new MPLS network technology.
- Performed oral presentations with network design and new solution changes to formal Government Design Review Board team for approval.
- Served as a Team Lead on the Access Switch Survey Project.
- Responsible for troubleshooting web server connectivity problems.
- Performed routine network maintenance and software configuration changes to various customers which included rule set modifications and checking error logs on Nokia 440/650 platform firewall appliances.
- Performed all network provisioning for new customers that are implemented into the network. This included, assigning a designated class C address space, assigning VLANs and configuring the VLANs on the Cisco 6500 catalyst switch at the distribution and access layers.
- Participated on customer troubleshooting conference calls whenever they had problems connecting to their web servers.
- Responsible for configuring customer configurations on various load balancing devices.
- Supervised and lead a staff of Network Engineers and Administrators.
- Served as the escalation point for all issues that were encountered during the shift.
- Arranged and led group staff meetings with internal departments throughout the company.
- Participated, organized and assigned resources for all customer conference calls when troubleshooting technical issues.
- Played as a core team member in the development of the new group that was created for provisioning of all new customer builds for the company.
- Developed new policies and standard of procedures to assist with the creation of the new network provisioning group within the company.
- Organized all staff for new products that were implemented into the network.
- Communicated effectively with internal groups daily to ensure the workflow of new customer firewalls and load balancing solutions were implemented successfully.
- Served as an escalation point for Network Administrators when troubleshooting complex network problems.
- Troubleshot complex LAN/WAN problems from layers 1-7 of the OSI Model.
- Performed network maintenance and software code upgrades on various network devices, which included Cisco load balancing devices, Cisco routers and catalyst switches.
- Updated and created network diagrams using Visio 2000 software to reflect configuration and design changes to various customer networks.
- Performed initial configurations of network equipment for server farms.
- Assigned private IP address networks for customer designed networks.
- Assigned and configured dedicated VLANs for new and existing customers.
- Performed configurations of Cisco Local Director/Distributed Director/CSS content switch load balancing appliances for customer’s web servers.
- Configured Cisco 6500 catalyst switches that included creating new VLANs and switch port configurations for customer networks.
- Involved with network configuration changes to PIX and Nokia Firewalls.
- Served as the primary point of contact for all customer server migrations.
- Mentored and trained new personnel.