- I have had the opportunity to build a diverse background including Systems and Networking roles with some of the best employers in California. These companies have consistently rewarded my work by offering me positions within the organization that gave me access to a wider variety of technologies. The result has been a progressively challenging and rewarding career. My strength is not in acting as an expert in a single discipline, but rather in adaptability to any discipline. This diversity has taught me to communicate and work effectively with technical, non - technical and managerial personnel. I have been very fortunate and I try to make sure it shows.
- Cisco IOS Releases 11.x - 12.4, Windows server 2000 through v8, Windows OS from v3.1 through v7, Microsoft Office Suite through v2013, Microsoft SQL, VERITAS Backup 6-10, Symantec Antivirus administration through V12, Windows Exchange, Novell GroupWise admin, TacAcs. Tandberg Video Conferencing. Aruba and Cisco wireless. ClearPass. AirWave. Network General. SevOne.
- TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, Ethernet, VPN, SSH, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Broadcast, Multicast, Frame Relay, VLAN, VTP, VTP-Pruning, ISL, 802.1Q, 802.11g, 802.11 WiFi, NAT, Spanning Tree, CDP, HDLC, PPP, ISDN BRI/PRI, T1, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, ARP, RARP, DTP, DNS, DHCP, ICMP, FTP, TFTP, HTTP, LDAP, PPTP, RDP, IIS, MPLS.
- Cisco 2600, 2800, 3800, 7200 Series Routers, Cisco 2900, 3500 and 6500 Layer 3 Switches. APC UPS and PDU.
Network Engineer/Technical Analyst
- Currently setting up and stabilizing the network infrastructure in Yosemite National Park.
- Manage the daily operations of the network infrastructure, including systems installation, configuration and optimization, in a distributed WAN of over 200 facilities, 3 remote data centers and approximately 20,000 personnel.
- Management of various hardware including Cisco routers and switches, Tandberg (Cisco) videoconferencing, Cisco CUCM, UPS battery backup monitoring and maintenance and Riverbed Steelhead optimization.
- Act as backup IT manager including scheduling and payroll approval using Kronos.
- Primary Engineer for Aruba and Cisco wireless technologies.
- Work with telecom providers to troubleshoot circuit outages.
- Work with outside vendors to procure broadband and DSL backup circuits for remote sites.
- Provide support for Apple, Blackberry and Android mobile devices.
- Monitor network performance using What’s Up Gold, SevOne and Network General’s Infinistream and Distributed Sniffer products.
- Support remote access services utilizing IPSEC VPN, ICA, and SSL VPN.
- Monitor the health and performance of all infrastructure devices and interact with users to resolve any operational issues.
- Extensive hands on hardware configuration and logistics.
- Work with non-technical staff to provide remote hands for network troubleshooting and hardware exchanges.
- Participate in the strategic planning of the Corporate infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, SSH.
- Work with managed services companies who provide call center support, network cabling and telecom services.
- Determine company software needs, research potential solutions and make recommendations of applications and processes.
- Administration of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 and earlier.
- Document implementation and support procedures for applications.
- Direct support of handheld computers and proprietary applications used on those units.
- Thin Client administration, package creation and support using Wyse Device Management Console.
- PC and user migration in Active Directory.
- Create and resolve trouble tickets using HP Openview and ServiceNow ticketing systems.
- Print Queue creation and management.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Contractor - Sr. Desktop Analyst
- Prepare applications for automated deployment to facilitate XP/Win2003/Lotus Notes platform upgrade for a global insurance provider.
- Complete documentation of installation processes as well as issues related to compatibility problems.
- Troubleshoot compatibility issues, primarily through the use of native Windows utilities.
- Organize and facilitate functional testing and user acceptance testing of application packages.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Contractor - Desktop Support
- Discovery, installation and configuration of HP workstations and notebooks in a Windows 2000 / XP based clinical environment of 600 PCs for a large healthcare provider.
- Install and configure HP LaserJet printers.
- Image desktops using Altiris rDeploy and Symantec Ghost.
- Extensive direct face-to-face support of technical and non-technical staff.
Confidential, Northern California
- Created and configured user profiles and Exchange accounts using Active Directory/MS Exchange in a primarily Windows 2003 Server / Windows 2000 desktop based environment of approximately 3000 desktops and 12000 clinical users for a large healthcare provider.
- Extensive deskside and remote support of end users using SMS remote tools.
- Print queue administration on Windows NT / 2003 servers.
- Remote support of Win2003 servers using Terminal Services.
- Hardware support.
- Member of Security Virus Incident Response Core Group.