- Extremely motivated professional with 15 years of help desk support, network administration and telecommunications management experience.
- With well - versed experience in installing digital telecommunications networks, performing network back-ups and conducting personnel .
- Prepares network administration standard operating procedures (SOP), technical user manuals and IT Security policies.
- Outgoing team player equipped with exceptional interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
Software: Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop, Microsoft SharePoint, Remedy, AutoCAD.
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Cisco, Juniper, VOIP, IPv6, DNS, firewall.
Server Systems: Microsoft Server 2012, Microsoft Exchange Server, Active Directory, VMware and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux/UNIX.
Hardware: HP Scanners, Panasonic High-Speed Scanners, HP / Epson /Printers HP Fax Machines, IBM desktops, Xerox, OCE, Ricoh, HP and Lexmark.
- Support the engineering, operations, maintenance and monitoring for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) for the Discovery North America Networks.
- Coordinate and schedule the installation of Windows 7 operating systems, AWS virtual servers, Cisco routers and switches.
- Provide desktop support for Windows 7 desktops/laptops, printers, scanners, smartphones, and mobile devices, etc.
- Utilize AutoCAD to develop network wiring diagrams, blueprints, and floor plans.
- Provide new recommendations on how to improve system integration and testing for data centers and AWS cloud computing servers.
- Manage 200+ Active Directory accounts, network rights, and access to systems.
- Manage network performance and monitors the firewalls and checkpoints.
- Perform back-ups and reboots systems during normal and emergency conditions.
- Develop written reports on the performance and security for the Global Technology & Operations transmission systems and computer system.
- Conduct routine checks on the plant remote alarms, HPA systems and uplink chains for the teleport shelter and remote equipment locations.
- Monitor the health on the on-air and backup systems confirming for 70+ Discovery Networks.
- Manage and controls the local and national fiber connectivity between DCI facilities and remote locations.
- Coordinate remote ad hoc programming and live events for multiple locations.
Radio Frequency ( Confidential ) Technician
- Performed Confidential user acceptance testing and performance testing on cellular testing lines from cell sites to switches, alarms, and fire-suppressing systems.
- Provided desktop application support and mobile device support for (blackberries, iPhones, Androids) for the Confidential .
- Configured, upgraded and maintained wireless communications systems GSM and CMDA cellular sites.
- Monitored the performance and security on wireless communications systems cellular sites.
- Coordinated requirements with vendor for the installation of new equipment.
- Monitored the performance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Resolved issues from the result of power outages and fire suppression.
Field Service Representative
- Conducted installations, troubleshooting, fault isolation and maintenance repairs on ECM systems.
- Identified and repaired complex electronic and mechanical on field equipment.
- Generated and analyzed radio frequency signals on ECM systems.
- Utilized Oscilloscope to verify simulated data patterns.
- Performed I-Level maintenance on automated test equipment and associated components.
- Communicated effectively in writing and orally to subordinates and upper managements.
- Developed Military programs and materials on radio frequency ( Confidential ) theory, signal flow, and the use of radio frequency ( Confidential ) antennas for operators and field service representatives.
- Provided field service support with a 100% response rate and customer satisfaction feedback.
- Utilized the Remedy Incident Management System to open, document and close the resolved field problem support tickets.
- Maintained an accurate inventory log of the field service supplies and equipment.
Confidential, Ft. Meade, VA
Satellite Communications Technician
- Conducted configurations for a variety of radio frequency ( Confidential ) communications equipment for various frequency bands on Commercial and Military communication systems.
- Configured, upgraded and maintained a wide assortment of satellite equipment included: modems, multiplexers and cryptographic equipment.
- Compiled network, server and database performance data reports for upper management.
- Installed and configured of individual satellite links at the Pentagon.
- Updated the networks with new system patches, firewalls, and security and intrusion detection software.
- Established VOIP, video, Internet and teleconference services for 250+ of end users.
- Utilized Information Assurance (IA) Security policies to conduct security audits and privacy impact assessments (PIA).
- Resolved complex issues for TCP/IP networks on a daily basis.
- Managed Microsoft SharePoint user roles, access, rights and permissions.
- Installed and configured printers, fax machines and scanners.
- Performed satellite equipment for new employees and upper management.
Multichannel Transmission Operator
- Supervised and prepared weekly work schedules and tasks for 20 active duty employees.
- Overseen the installation, upgrades and maintenance for multichannel networks and tropospheric scatter radio systems.
- Resolved complex connectivity issues for television distribution systems and satellite systems.
- Developed standard operating procedures (SOP) and contingency plans for Windows based Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and satellite systems.
- Created technical programs on how to conduct networking installations for LANs/WANs and managing multi-channel operations.
- Performed hardware upgrades, including adding memory, hard drives, removable storage media, DVD-ROMs, and network interface cards.
- Performed troubleshooting on cable systems, which included the installation of fibers, connectors, and splices.
- Provided technical assistance, and guidance to telecommunications system users and contracting personnel.
- Complied network performance and information security reports in Microsoft Excel on a monthly basis.