Experienced administrative support professional offering versatile office skills which include proficiency in various medical office scheduling/billing software (gMed, NextGen, Allscripts, etc.), EMR, and Microsoft Office. I am a strong organizer, planner, and problem solver who readily adapts to change. I am able to work independently and with a team. My work ethic will exceed all expectations. I am also able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Insurance Verification
- Insurance Authorizations
- Front Desk Reception
- Call Center
- Word Processing
- Charge/Payment Posting
- Referral Preparation
- Secretarial Duties
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- Windows/PC gMed/gGastro
- 45 - 50wpm
Verification Associate, Bowie, MD
- Answering multiple inbound call inquiries for 35+ Physicians/Clinical Staff, 8 Office locations, 4 Surgical Centers, 3 Hospitals, and other departmental staff in a call center setting.
- Obtaining/Updating demographic and insurance information.
- Scheduling various types of appointments and procedures such as: new/established Confidential t office visits, injections/infusions, breath tests, colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, ultrasounds, etc.
- Contacting various insurance companies both by telephone and electronically to verify eligibility and obtain benefits.
- Obtaining insurance authorizations for all GI procedures
Confidential, Landover, MarylandVerification Associate
- Providing an explanation of financial obligation/responsibility to Confidential ts (if needed).
- Completing and submitting all necessary insurance forms, medical records, and clinical information as required by third parties for prior authorizations.
- Maintaining frequent telephone contact with insurance provider representatives, third party customer service representatives, and pharmacy staff.
- Sending appropriate messages and/or correspondences to physicians as requested by incoming callers, Confidential ts, coworkers, and/or customers.
- Answering email requests from Confidential ts to schedule or reschedule appointments and procedures.
- Modifying physician schedule templates as requested by rescheduling Confidential ts, blocking time, or adjusting appointments.
- Sending prescription refill and authorization requests for approval.
- Calling in procedure Prep Kits to pharmacies as requested.
- Mailing Procedure Prep Instructions and Prescriptions.
- Submitting medical records requests.
- Performing other administrative duties as required or assigned.
Service Representative, Washington, DC
- Scheduled various types of cardiac related appointments and procedures such as: office visits, echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, exercise stress tests, nuclear stress tests, vascular studies, pacemaker/defibrillator exams, and sleep apnea studies.
- Answered multiple telephone inquiries, taking/routing messages for physicians and other clinical staff.
- Obtained Confidential t demographic and insurance information during registration.
- Insurance Authorization of cardiac procedures (Echocardiograms, Stress Echocardiograms, Nuclear Stress Tests, and Sleep Studies).
- Dedicated Scheduler and Administrative Assistant for the Electrophysiology program.
- Physician/Technician schedule template maintenance (opening, blocking, rescheduling, and closing schedules as needed).
- Arranged initial appointments for CPAP Titration Therapy
- Prepared/Distributed multiple reports that include physician schedules, Confidential t appointment reminders, appointment wait lists, etc…
- Fulfilled online appointment and prescription refill requests.
- Prepared Medical Records requests and retrieval.
- Performed other various administrative duties as needed or assigned.
Confidential, Landover, Maryland
- Answered phones and directed calls to the appropriate physician, nurse, or staff.
- Scheduled, Rescheduled, and Canceled appointments/procedures for various departments (Cardiology, Endocrinology, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Coumadin Clinic, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Infectious Disease, Podiatry, Pulmonary, and Geriatrics) both by telephone and online requests.
- Input and Verification of all demographic and insurance information.
- Responsible for notifying/rescheduling all Confidential t appointments that are canceled due to a change in the physician’s schedule.
- Sending/Responding to various electronic physician/staff requests.
- Delegating/Responding to several online requests sent by Confidential ts to physicians via internet.
- Provided new hire /assistance.
- Requested sign language interpreters for hearing impaired Confidential ts.
- Performed front office duties ( Confidential t check in/out, collecting copayments, scanning copies of the insurance card/identification, insurance verification, registering new Confidential ts, etc…)
- Performed other general office duties as assigned.
- Earned excellent marks on performance reviews, with citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.
Customer Service Representative, Bowie, Maryland
- Computer entry of all demographic and insurance information.
- Responsible for ICD-9 and test code entries.
- Performed Federal/Non-Federal drug screens for employment purposes.
- Scheduled two/three hour glucose tolerance tests.
- Maintained daily totals of any/all Confidential t services provided for the day.
- Responsible for supply ordering and invoice entry.
- Obtained lab order/prescriptions from various physicians.
- Answered/routed multiple telephone inquiries.
- Provided various secretarial/administrative duties as needed.
Registration Officer, Cheverly, Maryland
- responsible for registration of all Confidential ts serviced through the emergency department.
- Obtained/Updated demographic information.
- Greeted/Directed Confidential ts, visitors, and staff to various departments.
- Performed other administrative duties as required.
Confidential, Landover, Maryland
- Provided secretarial services for the Clinical Engineering Department, which includes receiving/screening calls, composing reports, transcribing, dictation, maintaining calendars, arranging meetings, travel, and of personnel, developing and maintaining filing systems, and other duties as assigned.
- Received visitors and telephone calls.
- Maintained appointment calendar and arranges appointments and conferences.
- Prepared itineraries and make travel reservation.
- Prepared and submitted time cards using the “KRONOS” systems.
- Managed the Asset Information Management System and the Medical Device Tracking System for the department.
- Managed the rentals of medical equipment for Holy Cross Health.
- Coordinated transactions, invoices, and billing for equipment on consignment.
- Provided project support, gathered information, compiled d Confidential .
- Provided maintenance assistance and technical support to hospital staff, physicians, and other hospital associates.
- Responsible for assisting in hospital equipment recall program by contacting all concerned parties and checking the follow-up status of information received.
Medical Office Assistant, Colmar Manor, Maryland
- Responsible for all Confidential t registration and appointment scheduling.
- Collected co-payments and account balances.
- Posted charges and payments.
- Verified insurance coverage (HMO’s, PPO’s, EPO’s, POS’s, Medicaid, Medicare, Worker’s Compensation, and MVA’s, etc…).
- Scheduled interpreters for the hearing impaired and Confidential ts needing foreign language assistance.
- Prepared referrals/treatment plans for various insurance carriers.
- Prepared physician schedules.
- Arranged meetings, conferences, and travel requests.
- Answered/Routed telephonic inquiries.
- Arranged transportation for Confidential ts.
- Provided other administrative duties as needed or assigned.