A motivated administrative professional seeking a position in a challenging environment. Over 5 years’ experience successfully providing administrative and secretarial support to the operational department. Proficient in a range of computer applications. Well - developed communication and customer service skills. Proven ability to efficiently plan and manage multiple assignments to meet tight deadlines. A proactive problem-solver who gets the job done.
- Extensive Federal Government Experience
- Strong problem solver
- Excellent Customer Service
- Dedicated team player
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Filing & Records Management
- Attention to Detail
- Reports & Presentations
- Travel, Meeting & Event Coordination
COMPUTER SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL:
Advance level proficiency in WordPerfect 5.1, 6.0 and 8.0, Windows 95, 98 & XP, Microsoft Office 2007 & 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher), Calendar, PALM, Internet Explorer, Concur, GovTrip, Integrated Times and Attendance (ITAS), Scanner, Postal Machine, Photocopier, Calculator, Facsimile Equipment, Multi-line Phone Switchboard Experience, Customer Service, Business Communication, Ability to Multitask, Detailed Oriented & Good Judgement Skills. Typing 60 wpm 100 accuracy.
Confidential, Catonsville, MD
Regional Administrative Assistant
- Independently performed office management, logistical, and critical coordination duties, to include functions that enhance administrative, internal and external communications, staffing, and organization effectiveness.
- Primary POC for the full range of administrative support services e.g. time and attendance, employee leave, supply procurement, conference coordination, calendar management, and requirements supporting the office.
- Maintained sole responsibility for the direction of all administrative functions.
- Informed the Director on administrative, manpower, and logistical areas, e.g. personnel actions, scheduling, managing correspondence requiring management attention, participation, and where applicable, advising on the resolution of issues.
- Prepared charts, spreadsheets, graphs, and other visual displays based on work from rough drafts or samples.
- Updated computer spreadsheets and databases on a regular basis to facilitate office automation.
- Gathered information and data from specified sources for reports.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Extramural Support Assistant
- Provided administrative support of grant applications and related processes by performing specialized tasks requiring continuing responsibilities for projects, questions and issues.
- Coordinated day-to-day office operations, including, but not limited to problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks, and responding to written communications.
- Designed and updated systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Prepared purchase orders, solicited quote proposals and suggested course of action for procurement of requisitions for materials and services. Reviewed, entered, and maintained manual and computerized records of purchase requisitions and mechanical data, items purchased, costs, schedule of deliveries, vendor performance, and inventories. Monitored production, deliver status of ordered materials, and outsourced items to troubleshoot.
- Managed paper and/or file creation, maintenance, and disposal in compliance with Federal and Confidential regulations; perform electronic archiving in accordance with NARA and Confidential record management regulation and policy.
- Typed and/or edited documents such as spreadsheets, correspondence, forms, reports (minutes), and standard operating procedures. Gathered and analyzed information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities as needed.
- Attended and participating in extramural staff meetings upon request, and preparing meeting minutes as required.
- Provided logistical support and coordinated for scientific conferences, workshops, and site visits, or Review and Council advisory group meetings.
- Maintained and updated data in Confidential systems/databases and prepared reports.
- Provided basic information and/or materials in response to telephonic and/or electronic requests.
- Processed purchase requisitions and oversee office supply inventory, and act as backup contact for all maintenance requests.
- Reviewed outgoing correspondence for executive level’s approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive level’s viewpoints; made recommendations to resolve problems that might arise.
- Ensured that requests for action or information is relayed to the appropriate staff furnished in timely manner; decides whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency supervisory levels with several subdivisions at each level.
- Summarized the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executives.
- Coordinated the new information with background office sources. Drawn attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Prepared a variety of documents such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, justifications, proposal summaries, scientific papers and various forms.
- Acted as the primary travel scheduler for the office, making all transportation, lodging and other arrangements. In addition to authorizing documents, prepare a travel packet that contains complete program information including slides, agendas, biographies, etc. as required for the Director’s background information.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information; utilized and maintained various administrative databases.
- Maintained detailed records of discussions, by e-mail and team meetings.
- Maintained ongoing consolidated staff calendars and provide specific calendar information to staff as appropriate.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
- Performed paper and electronic file creation, maintenance, and disposal in compliance with Confidential regulations.
- Typed or edited documents such as spreadsheets, correspondence, forms, reports (minutes), and standard operating procedures.
- Provided logistical support and coordination for scientific conferences, workshops, and site visits; as well as review and Council advisory group meetings.
- Maintained and updated grant data/querying data in Confidential systems and databases and prepared reports.
- Courteously provided basic information in response to requests via phone or email or directs inquiries to appropriate IC staff.
- Initiated and/or responding to email, telephone, and letter inquiries and providing requested materials.
- Duplicated, collated, and scanned documents.
- Utilized photocopy large volumes of research material, correspondence, reports, charts, and graphs for staff meetings and conferences.
- Used various software functions to produce a wide range of documents that often require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, to edit and reformat electronic drafts, and to update or revise existing databases or spreadsheets.
- Coordinated with senior management in regards to General Conferences, Workshops and Meeting Support.
- Served as point of contact for travel coordination, conferences, and s. Utilized personnel software, GovTrip to process travel arrangement for 10 staff members.
- Prepared, processed and produced travel budgetary information, conference reports, and itineraries; secured reservations and tickets, and travel orders and vouchers.
- Processed purchase requisitions and oversee office supply inventory.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Customer Service Representative
- Responsible for responding to a variety of telephone and personal inquiries by providing information to PTO (Patent and Trademark Office) personnel and the public.
- Used a wide body of knowledge to determine the status of an application and contacts the applicant/attorney either by telephone or by responding to written status letters.
- Updated the ( Confidential ) tracking system and appropriate electronic information systems with pertinent information regarding correspondence and, if necessary, entered correspondence without recourse to the examiner or other authority.
- Greeted visitors, responds to phone and written inquiries, which often requires an explanation in general terms of functions of the Agency to distinguish among, and between functions related to the subject of the inquiry. Uses good host techniques in all contacts.
- Assisted in arranging displays of informational and natural materials in the reception area. Varies or changes displays to coincide with seasonal changes, and special public information programs. Uses imagination and good taste to achieve desirable results.
- Used word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of standardized documents using a glossary of prerecorded formats, form letters, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
- Used database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, or calculate, and retrieve data for standard reports.
- Filled request for artifacts that are located in the Office of Data Management or its jurisdiction.