Server Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Novell Netware 4.11, Novell Netware 5.1, Novell Netware 6.0, Ubuntu, Red Hat, .
E - Mail Systems: Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Microsoft Exchange 2000, Microsoft Exchange 2003 Microsoft Exchange 2013, Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online), Zebrea , Novell GroupWise 5.5, Novell GroupWise 6.0, Merak Mail Server.
Software Deployment and Management Applications: Microsoft Management Server 2003, WinINSTALL, Novell Zen Works for Desktops 6.5, Computer Associates Software Delivery Option, Computer Associates Unicenter, Computer Associates Asset Management Option, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO), Altiris Wise Package Studio 5.5, 7.0, Symantec Wise Package Studio 8, Symantec Ghost 10, Power Quest Drive Image Center 5.5, PSTools, VMWare Thin Install, Flexera Admin Studio 10.
Desktop Operating Systems: MS-Dos, Windows 9x, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10, Ubuntu
Network Directory Services: Microsoft Active Directory (ADS)(MSDS), Novell Directory Services (NDS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Web Servers & Applications: Microsoft IIS Server 4.0, 5.0, 6.0,7.x,8.x,10, Apache 2.4.x, Attachmate My Extra, NetManage On Web, AirSource Web 3.0, PHP, Java Scripting Language, AJAX, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Firewall Technologies: IPCop, Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA, RouterOS, Checkpoint One, Microsoft ISA Server, Sonic
Hypervisor Technologies: VMWare ESXi, VMWare V-Center, VMWare Desktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, VirtualPC, QEMU, Oracle VirtualBox, KVM, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenStack, Xen, VMWare Horizon VDI
FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE: Systems Administration, Engineering & Integration of New Technology, Cross Platform Support, Network Support of Desktop Systems.
Project Support Engineer
- Network evaluations
- Design and implement new Windows 20016 Domains
- Group Policy design and implementations
- Replace and Install new switches
- Configure and manage Sonic Firewalls
- Migrate User Data and workstations over to new domain environments
- Replaced and installed new Printer on Print servers created GPO’s for deployment
- Trouble shoot escalated tickets
- E-mail Migrations to Exchange365/Office365
- E-Mail migrations to inhouse Exchange 2016
- Virtualization of servers to both VMWare & Microsoft Hyper-V
Confidential, Elkton, MD
- Provided pre-election technical support.
- Imaged and prepared 300 Electoral kiosks.
- Performed system maintenance and updates.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Supported a server firm of 11 physical servers & 3 SANS
- 125 Virtual servers running Windows & Linux.
- Supported Microsoft 365 Exchange.
- Provided support to 350 virtual clients using Horizon.
- Responding to break and fix tickets.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Responding to monitoring alerts and investigating which services have failed on a customer’s system, and bring them back up as fast as possible.
- Receiving support calls to open new ports in the customers firewalls for remote access or creating new VPN user & firewall rules.
- Configuring and setting up new users on FTP or SFTP.
- Troubleshooting Cold fusion IIS or Apache web services.
- Installing new SSL certificates for our clients.
- Setting up new DNS entries an or new web services for current customers.
- Managing and adding new servers or services, to the Big IP Load balancer.
- Microsoft or MySQL troubleshoot, database restores and other maintenance as per customer requests.
- Setup Web caching services, using Edge Host.
- Reconfigure virtual services, by increasing hard drive space or Memory Size for the client to use.
- Updating & modifying DNS Entries for e-mail standards spf and txt records.
- We used a program called Epicore for our Ticketing System & Science logic for monitoring.
- Interact and use the following Networking Operating Systems, and Services at on any given day, depending on what the clients’ needs are Include:
- Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012, RedHat Linux 5.5 6.x & 7, CentOs 6.x & 7.
- Microsoft IIS 6.0 & IIS 7, Apache 2.x Cold Fusion 9 and up.
- MangoDB. MySQL, MS-SQL.
- Cisco VPN & Cisco Firewalls.
- ESX Server 5.5 to 6.5, Vsphere, VMWare firewall services, & VMWare Cloud Environment.
- Word Press, Zimbra mail.
- Edge Host & Cloud Flare.
Confidential , Laurel, MD
Systems & Networking Support
- Hired to trouble shoot a firewall problem they were experiencing with limitations to the growth of end user’s exceeding the Firewall’s licensing.
- On my recommendation, I implemented a new Firewall which met and exceeded customer expectations and provided room for Growth up to 500 User’s.
- Subsequently tasked to analyze their current server and networking environment provide recommendations to migrate their server to new equipment & newer OS & Domain.
- Purchased, all components & built a new infrastructure server, using most current technologies, while making sure it meets their current requirements & left room for growth, with the final goal to make sure it was within their budget and needs.
- After bare metal server was built, created new domain and migrated workstations & user accounts over to new Windows 2008 Forest, configured File Systems Shares, & Printers on the network to adhere to the new standards, and Operating systems.
- Created a MySQL Database using PHP as the middle ware and Active Java / HTML web pages to display and manage the database information on Windows 2008 VMWare server running IIS 7.0 To help streamline their procurement process & outsourcing of contracts to third parties.
- Installed configured & maintained a ICEWRAP e-mail server prior and during their migration to MS Office 360.
- Systems Administration as needed / Serer & Desktop support on a break fix basis.
Technical Services & Computer Technician
Technologies Supported: Workstations, Printers, Windows 10, MacOS X, iMac, iPhone, Dell, Zebra MSOffice, Windows 7
- Main responsibility is to provide, on-site, interactive, hands on Technical Support during Morning Sort & load.
- Monitoring maintaining and responding to any problems, small package delivery route printers might encounter, SSLAW, Fixing, any issues, that arise, anywhere from Conveyer belt scale, printer or PCL problems they might encounter,
- Provide support to 3 different distribution units, fix any Windows 7 issues that might arise, any software, that is proprietary to Confidential escalate issues, to other groups if need be.
- Mantuan Workstation & Printer Support on 10 unloading bays as packages come i n, replace broken printers or scan guns when necessary,
- Coordinate efforts with all other departments to make sure IT needs are meet during time windows according to our delivery schedules.
- Responding to Service Calls.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Systems & Networking Support
Technologies Supported: Servers Desktop, SAN Backup, VMWare HP, iPhone iPad, Samsung Galaxy Cell, V-Sphere, ESXi,) under contract to the Maryland State Highway Administration, where I work with a support team of 7 other individuals to support their State-wide infrastructure which consists of 7 District offices and 37 maintenance shops, two data centers, that hosts over 250 servers that range from Windows 2003 all the way up to 2012 servers. These provide file and data storage for SHA user’s, web services and application servers for both internal and external users. Daily management of Active Directory.
- Creating new user accounts.
- Rename and update user contact information.
- Moving Users between departments.
- Deleting terminated user accounts.
- Create and manage user groups.
- Update and maintain user rights to file servers.
- Remove old printer information from our print servers.
- Update DNS to reflect name changes to physical printers.
- Install new printer drivers and update print servers to reflect changes.
- Manage End User & Print Management assignments..
- Supported two locations that are running VMWare ESX 5.5. on top of 24 HP Blade Servers and 205 severs supporting 85% of our datacenter.
- Supplying documentation and creating new service requests to MDOT for new server builds and implementation.
- Manage and Support Oracle Database Servers for the Database Dev Team. Manage and Support Microsoft IIS & MS SQL Servers for the Web Development team.
- Create and configure Virtual center for new Virtual Machine to host new server.
- Install and configure new server operating systems to meet the needs of the . server’s administrator and their specifications, normally this would be . Windows 2008 or 2012.
- Maintained e-Policy Orchestrator form McAfe.
- Using a combination of Admin Studio & VMWare Virtual Application, maintained & created a software library of packages, for deployment to end users, when new or replacement software became available, some builds included WinZip Oracle client updates, Microsoft Office & Visio.
- LanDesk & Microsoft Configuration Manager were used along with Scripts for deployment of packages.
- Every 8 Weeks participate on a rotational on-call schedule with rest of the support team. for the duration of 1 week providing after hour support to SHA & it’s user’s.
- Check nightly backup jobs, and if they fail troubleshoot why and restart the backup.
- Respond to calls from the Network Operation Center for outages and update SHA of their status.
Confidential, Elkton, Maryland
Technologies Supported: Desktop Printers, Dell, Office, Adobe CS5, iMacs, Guest Wi-Fi
- Primary responsibilities include responding to helpdesk tickets requests submitted by end users end user support on desktop applications, Windows registry problems and other desktop related issues, McAfee Endpoint Encryption.
- Repair hardware related problems both desktop and laptop issues.
- Image computers for new hire’s and repaired systems where hard drives failed
- Troubleshoot problems with Microsoft Office, Windows related problems.
- Maintain and deploy new network printers
- Using Flexera Admin Studio created Software packages, to be used on new workstations for the roll out for configuration & packaging (Microsoft Office, 2010, specialize scripts & packages, used in engineering & design for products, WinZip and vagarious other packages)
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Lead Technical Coordinator
Technologies Supported: Desktops, Citrix, Windows XP HP
- Coordinated efforts with Confidential ’s networking team to improve networking performance. ver the WAN link to increase speeds of the imaging process. Participated in the imaging of the workstations with my team.
- Conducted morning phone meetings with our Confidential program manager for new tasks of the day and status reports for any work that was preformed overnight.
- Submitted end of day status reports on imaging progress, End-User testing, and other operations to Confidential .
- Manually configured IP addresses for 24 network printers.
- Coordinated Active Directory implementation and testing with Systems group.
- Repaired and trouble shot any equipment damage.
- Conducted orientation classes for new users, total of 5 sessions 180 users total.
- Configured and maintained LPD testing for mainframe to line printers.
- Supplied technical assistance during and post move efforts.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Tier 3 Hardware Support
- Imaged laptops and desktops to deploy for new employees.
- Trouble-shooting and repair of local and network printer.
- Preformed weekly equipment moves for employees who job categories have changed..
- Repaired hardware problems that would occur with laptops and desktops, replaced monitors, hard drives, keyboards, and power supplies..