Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
Linux System Engineer III
- Provide Support in demanding 24/7 Production environment for Linux Platform ( SUSE & RHEL )
- Supporting voice operations platform which include to work on different kinds of tools.
- Experience in working with CMTs, CSCF, Metaswitchs, tekelec hardware.
- Monitor calls through EMPRIX, SONUS, NetAct and Net scout.
- Supporting UCS platform which include upgrade, maintain and installing new hardware.
- Using VMware VSphere for virtualization, vRealize Operations manager for monitoring and VLI for logs.
- Working with different ticketing tool (JIRA, Service - Now, BMC Remedy 8 and 9).
- Patching Linux through YUM repository server and windows OS through SCCM.
- Provide remote support for field engineers.
- Perform daily backup through NetBackup tool.
- Build new platform from HP blades, install configure VMware 6.5. Install new servers for vSphere client and other monitoring tools.
- Install VROPS server from scratch to monitor performance and VLI server & Network insight.
- Install and configure Dell 380 ProLiant server for tekelec application to assign specific bandwidth for different users.
- Experience with working on web-applications like tomcat and apache.
- Write the documents (MOPS) for task assign to me for make it easier for the future.
- Implemented automation using Configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Develop Ansible play book to deploy configuration. Both with Ansible and Ansible tower.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
- Managing 40 thousand physical server’s across the globe.
- Installing, Configure and Maintaining Proxy and cache server for IPTV platform.
- Update and Manage software content on servers through Spacewalk.
- Day to day responsibilities include break fix, check for hardware problems, checking network connections, from switch to servers, order new parts through different vendors and fix hardware with help of field technicians.
- Troubleshoot user’s issues.
- Maintain system in accordance with security plans, Implement new security requirements as required.
- Also responsible for small Hyper-V (Virtualized) infrastructure for internal use which has both windows and Linux VMs.
- Create and maintain AD and Exchange accounts.
- Using Nagios for Monitoring VMs and setup email notification for DL owners for crash report.
- Capable of configuring and integrating the servers with different environment and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like CHEF and PUPPET.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Compute Lead (Infosys)
- Provide technical support for standard activations, development and maintenance activities and issues.
- Built new VMs through VRA Automation tool.
- Work with VMware VSphere 5.5, 6.0 & 6.5 (Client & WEB client) to install manage cluster, hosts & VMs.
- BMC Patrol monitoring tool & Nagios to monitor leaks, break out & Critical alarm.
- Used BMC Remedy 8.x to create Tickets & change management to make change in productions VMs & other environment.
- Patching Windows and Linux Servers quarterly through SCCM and Satellite 6.
- Supporting around 5000 VMs including windows and Linux and around 100 physical server for Linux containing HANA databases.
- Wrote methods of procedure documents and templets for internal and external execution.
- Supporting different applications and databases include SQL, Oracle and HANA database.
- Monitor Both Physical and Virtual environment in both aspect for Hardware and Software support.
- Installing new Hardware for UCS blade chassis, FI (Fiber Interconnect) and Switches to connect it to network and storage.
- Managing all the UCS chassis through UCS Central Manager.
- Upgrade firmware on all the Blades, ENIC and FNIC and also upgrade the VMware ESXI host from 5.5 to 6.0 and 6.5.
- Used INFOBLOX for IP management (assign DNS and DHCP) and creating A-records and third party tool Mark Monitor for DMZ servers.
- Respond to audible and visual alarm by taking ownership, creating trouble tickets, troubleshoot the cause and windup by providing RSA (root cause analysis) to the management and if possible create the fix for the issue so we don’t see the error in future.
- Restoring and Backup VMs through NetBackup.
- Supporting middleware platform for tomcat and apace servers.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Linux System Administrator III
- Troubleshoot all kind of Unix Problems and assisting users.
- User and Groups administrator in Linux and Solaris environment.
- Acquiring and Initializing LUNs in Clusters on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Configured and Manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008.
- Resolving day to day tickets. Providing 24/7 support on call. (Rotation base).
- Writing SQL queries for Hawkeye Application to fetch the data in required format.
- Managing 300 Linux systems running different applications and databases.
- Installing new machines for test purpose and for production for new in-house build applications.
- Working with Datacenter folks to upgrade firmware on Hardware or replace any bad hardware.
Hardware: Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blades, IBM, P-Series.
Server: Tomcat 5.5 -7, Apache 2.2.x- 2.4.x, Web Sphere Application Server 7.
Language: UNIX Shell Programming (korn & bash shell), SQL.
Applications: Sensage/Hawkeye, Ops Console, VMware (VSphere, Vrealize, VLI, VCloud Director), Infoblox, Mark Monitor, Samba, Tivoli (TSM), Quest Tool (VAS), CVex Manager, VSRM, Empirix, Tekelec (9.4 - 12.1), NetAct, Nokia One-NDS, Cisco UCS Manager, Service Now, MetaSwitch, BMC Remedy.