- Junior Systems Administration providing technical solutions through high - quality service and support. Possesses a thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software applications. Has 6 years of experience working as an IT Support/ Helpdesk Support Technician.
- Excellent telephone skills and good ability to use Remote Access tools
- Good analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong knowledge of viruses application glitches and hardware issues
- Patient and able to walk client through troubleshooting and repair process
- Excellent communication abilities
- Good customer-service skills
- Keeps abreast of changes in technology
- Good organizational abilities
- Good understanding of installations and updates
Operating system: Windows 7-10 Windows Server 2003, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, LINUX, Mac OS X.
Hardware: Replace Motherboard, Micro Processor, cooling system, sound card, Graphic card, SCSI, IDE devices, SATA, PATA Hard Drives, SSD, Network Interface Cards, SDRAM, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, install Printers, scanners, setup Faxes and other peripherals
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) VM ware Horizon, vSphere Client, Remote Desktop Connection, Team Viewer, WebEx, Citrix GoToMeeting, Wireshark, Nmap, Netcat, SCCM.
Network protocol: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP suite and OSI Model
Incident Management/Analysis: Service Now, Remedy.
Jr Systems Administrator
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Knowledge of windows-based administration, Active directory, DNS, Exchange server, Windows patch update
- Ability to configure and Install Windows-based operating systems
- Troubleshoot Windows-based software installations
- Managed all new install projects for servers, switches, and other network resources.
- Developed and updates documentation, appraising users and administrators of vital information.
- Provided adequate controls to ensure system security and access granted to users on a “Need to Know” basis.
- Administrated and maintained environment security. Involved with administering security alerts to staff and weekly data backups.
- Performed all levels of hardware and software systems support for over 200 dispatching computers.
- Performed hands-on administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Local Area network (LAN), resulting in optimum performance and minimum downtime.
- Designed, developed, and modified reporting processes in accordance with client specifications.
- Coordinated data transfer requirements between Organizational Maintenance Activities and all other automated information systems, such as ensuring all data stored on media transferred
- Established procedures for all systems recovery and contingency processes to include back fit processes.
- Established and maintained a system log, recording all down time, hardware failures, database saves, and all other system requirements established
IT/ Desktop Support Engineer
Confidential . Alexandria, VA
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client’s satisfaction.
- Provides second level support to the Help Desk Analyst and responds to problem tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receives, coordinates and installs desktop equipment and software according to department standards and procedures, and as needed.
- Interacts with Help Desk and Network Services personnel to provide timely information regarding problem tickets and their resolution.
- Provides desktop visits to business clients to assess their problems, coordinate the right equipment/software to resolve problems or process service requests.
- Maintains contact with clients and second/third level support personnel on operational and production problems.
- Maintains software and hardware registration and inventory to provide upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Upholds the enterprise policy and procedures as well as recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to users of personal computers.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing desktop solutions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Strives to learn the job functions of the position’s immediate supervisor as well as peer level positions with whom I interact.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements as outlined in the Help Desk Policies and Procedures
- Desktop Imaging, Deployment& Scripting
- Hardware, software& O/S Trouble Shooting.
- Deployment of operating systems (Windows 7,8,10, Mac OS) locally & globally.
- IP telephony setups and installs ie. Solid Blackberry and iPhone troubleshooting skills
- Active Directory, Active Roles, Server and Network configurations
- Incident Management with Service Now Ticketing System
- EUC Lead onsite supporting 450 users on all standard Desktop/ laptop Workstations and Applications
Confidential, Alexandria VA
Jr System Administrator (Intern)
- Supported, troubleshot, and remediated issues pertaining to current and future versions of desktop operating systems to include, but not limited to, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2003 and Linux.
- Installed, supported, troubleshot and remediated issues pertaining to new/reissued PC hardware and software.
- Integrated system peripherals such as printers, scanners, digital senders, mass storage devices, etc. into users’ workstations.
- Configured and supported end-user network connectivity including, but not limited to, wired LAN, wireless LAN.
- Provided support for all IT equipment, to include PCs, printers, portable computers, multi-function print devices, and smartphone devices, Polycom (video VTC) units and other miscellaneous IT equipment.
- Installed, configured, and supported current and future versions of networking. protocols for wired and wireless connectivity, for local and remote users.
- Installed, configured and troubleshot e-mail client software (Outlook) and guided/assisted customers in the management of their email and use of these client applications including, but not limited to, the use of rules and personal folders/archives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google's Android and Apple's iOS operating systems used primarily in mobile technology, and supported hardware devices such as Smartphone’s and tablets at the bank.