- I am an experienced technology professional with a demonstrated history of innovative solutions.
- My diverse set of skills has enabled me to work in a wide range of roles and industry verticals.
- Some career highlights and key differentiators are outlined below:
- Gathered business/technical requirements, constructed project plans, and implemented enterprise software leveraging technology to overcome process inefficiencies and growth barriers.
- To compliment systems, “world class” service/support strategies were defined, documented, implemented, and presented to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Customers benefitting from these projects included industry leaders in the financial, e - commerce, and travel verticals.
- I have an expert level understanding of system interfaces and tools used for system integration.
- My experience with integration software, translators (EAI/EDI/B2B), document standards, transaction sets, and communication protocols are extensive.
- I have architected several solutions allowing clients to leverage SOA architectures for system integration across the enterprise.
- These solutions are versatile and enable clients to scale, automate internal business processes, trade electronic documents with their customers, supply chain, financial institutions, and 3PL providers.
- Working in both Consulting and Management roles for several years has allowed me to develop my communication and presentation skills. I am comfortable working with, or leading, cross-functional teams and interacting with all levels of staff and executive management.
Hardware: Servers/Desktops/Laptops (Mac and Wintel), Peripherals, Telecom (Definity G3SI &Prologix switches, Intuity)
Microsoft: Office, Office 365, Skype (Communicator, Lync)
ERP: SAP/R3, BaaN 5
RDBMS/NoSQL: MS SQL Server, Oracle 11/12, MySQL, Riak, Mongo
OS/Virtualization: Windows Server, UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX), Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), iOS, VMWare Fusion, vSphere, Hyper-V
EAI: ESB, SOA, WebMethods (4.x-6.x), Ariba Onramp, Integration Server, Developer, Modeler, Broker, JDBC Adapter, SAP R/3 Adapter, Cyclone Central B2B Gateway (now Axway Amplify), JSON, XML (various), XSDs, DTDs, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, SOAP/REST, WSDL
EDI: Inovis TLE (4.x-6.x), Gentran Integration Server (GIS), Premenos EDI/Open, X12, EDIFACT, TRADACOMS, iDocs, Cleo A+, Cleo 3780+, SyncCable+, Edifecs Specbuilder
Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, HTTP(s), AS1/2/3, FTP, sFTP, ALE (RFC), File Ports, ActiveMQ, SSL, VAN’s (GXS, Kleinschmidt)
Network/Security: Active Directory, Splunk, SSO, 2 Factor Auth, PCI, PII, GLB, DMZ, DNS, DHCP, PKI, Wi-Fi (A, B, G. N, AC)
DevOps/Support: Nagios XI, SolarWinds, JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, Test Director, LoadRunner, Puppet, Chef, ITIL/ITSM, Software Delivery, Change Mgmt, Incident Mgmt, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, GitHub, Brew, CVS, Perforce, Subversion, Docker, Casper
- Work with internal IT organization as and ERP (SME) and project manager for ERP post-implementation issues & bugs as well as the EDI sub-systems.
- Manage EPICOR 10 ERP post implementation issues list with a focus on Work Flow, Business Process Management, BAQ’s, Form Design, Reporting, Process Analysis, and user adoption.
- Interview all department heads to isolate problems. Specifically, procedural changes and/or application customizations resulting in post implementation user adoption barriers.
Sr. Staff Application Engineer/Specialist
- Serve as a SME for global support integration during Confidential ’s acquisition of 41st Parameter.
- Partner with stakeholders across Confidential to develop and implement a global support strategy.
- Oversaw all aspects of integration as Global Fraud & ID solutions expanded to new regions/markets.
- Educate support teams across Confidential on the capabilities of Fraud solutions and support requirements.
Director of SaaS Infrastructure & IT Operations
- Managed IT organization, System Support Engineers, and internal Help Desk staff.
- Responsible for capital budgets, resource planning, and all application and infrastructure projects.
- Enforced regulatory compliance (PCI, PII)
- Responsible for all elements of IT infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Hardware & Software procurement & licensing
- Maintenance and Service Contracts
- Data Center Operations
- Cost modeling
- Capacity planning
- BCP & DR
- Responsible for system performance, monitoring, SLA management, and reporting.
- Oversaw all change management and audit activities of production application environments.
- Supported a blended community of Mac/Windows users. Responsible for desktop software as well as corporate back office systems.
Director of Production Support
- Managed Production Support Staff.
- Defined and implemented policies, procedures, and operational standards for Production Support.
- Managed cross-functional project teams tasked with implement internal support systems.
- Captured and reported service level metrics to management.
- Ensured SLA compliance for uptime and availability.
- Point of contact for P1 incidents and customer escalated issues.
- Regular updates and formal presentations to Executive Management.
- Identified opportunities for improvement and implemented cutting edge, innovative solutions.
- Maintained knowledge of emerging industry best practices.
Professional Services Engineer
- Expert understanding of fraud management products and techniques.
- Technical design for the integration of our products within the customer’s infrastructure. The technical design typically accounted for data integration, performance, fault tolerance, and security.
- Worked with Product Management, Engineering, and QA groups to influence product design.
Senior Systems Engineer, Operations
- Incident/Problem management of B2B infrastructure for Centers of Excellence globally.
- Implemented monitoring software and scripts to provide early detection of potential issues
- Ensured system metrics were achieved (99.99% uptime, 99% availability).
Senior Software Engineer
- Implementation of B2B gateway infrastructure including installation of Cyclone Central, Cyclone Interchange/Advanced Server, AS2 Accelerator, Webtrader, Securewebmailbox.
- Planned and implemented upgrades from CI4x software to CI5x software.
- Developed integrations for new trading partners and performed end-to-end system integration testing.
- Developed system enhancements and bugs found in production systems.
- Provided Tier III support for B2B applications (24x7).
Senior Principal Consultant
- Audit and identify areas of inefficiency & revenue loss throughout the company.
- Present innovative solutions to increase efficiency and grow revenue based on business requirements.
- Translated business requirements into Technical Specifications for the proposed changes.
- Develop prototypes for the proposed technical solutions demonstrating solution effectiveness.
- My primary area of expertise was to audit business units where automation would be most effective. Automation was in the form of E-Commerce and/or EDI solutions.
Lead Application Developer
- Prototyped Supplier Scorecard initiative where data integrity, mapping infractions, and service levels were measured and scored. Sent EDI transactions to a third party using ksh & Perl.
- Data transacted via an automated script. Data was transmitted securely using sFTP.
- The primary benefit of this project was revenue recovery in the form of service credits and more efficient operational processes.
- Identifying trading partners who consistently failed to meet the requirements outlined in the EDI Trading Partner allowed stakeholders to make important decisions like starting a “probation” period giving the trading partner an opportunity to address issues.
Manager of Application Development
- Key member of the team that integrated Insight and Comark systems and processes. Comark was a company acquired by Insight.
- Extended EDI functionality to integrate with SAP 4.6C.
- Implemented the following EDI transactions: 180, 810, 824, 850, 855, 856, 860, 832/846 (P&A), 846/867 (Mfg Sales Rpts), 870, 214, and 215.
- Implemented the following SAP iDocs: ORDERS02, ORDERS03, DESADV01, INVOIC01, DESADV01, LOISTD01, Z87001, ZINVOICB, and ZPRFDELV.
- Responsible for full project cycle including SDLC Management.
- All electronic transactions and system interfaces redeveloped for use with SAP.
- Managed a team of ten that consisted of both Application Developers and ISBAs.
- I manage people, the EDI/SAP integration project, and had tasks on the project plan. This was very much an EDI developer position with management responsibilities.
- Key member of the team that integrated Insight and Comark systems and processes. Comark was a company acquired out of Chicago.
- Hired to support and improve Canadian EDI service offerings for Insight Canada.
- Primary activities included system programming (sh, ksh) for automation and supplier on boarding (EDI).
- Key member of the team that transitioned Russell Stover Candies from EDS services to SCB services.
- Administered Harbinger EDI/Open translator.
- Interfaced EDI Subsystem to Baan ERP system in an IBM AIX environment.
- Responsible for EDI and other middleware/systems programming for the Targus account. Ensured that industry standards and service levels were achieved, while maintaining and exceeding customer expectations.
- Successfully upgraded the EDI Subsystem several versions, from TLE 4.1.2 to e-V5. This involved a hardware and database refresh.
- Designed, developed, and supported the interface between the EDI subsystem & Baan ERP system. Environment was HP-UX 11.0 & Oracle 8i (8.1.7).
- Streamlined the EDI process through CRON scheduled shell scripts (ksh, Perl).
- Implemented Cleo 3780+SyncCable+ allowing bisynchronous communication. Key factor enabling the client to enter into a supplier relationship with Wal-Mart.
- Implemented and/or worked with the following X12 EDI transaction sets: 810,816,824,850,856
- Implemented and/or worked with the following TRADACOMS EDI transaction sets 865, ORDHDR, INVFIL, CREHDR, PPRHDR, INVRPT, SLSRPT, and DESADV.