- Senior DevOps Engineer with experience in Configuration Management, Change/Release/Build Management, System Administration, SupportandMaintenance in environments like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and expertise in automating builds and deployment process usingPython and Shell scriptswith focus on DevOps tools, AWS,and Azure Cloud Architecture.
- Experience in working with Docker Engine, hub, Machine, Docker Registry, creating and handling multiple Docker images.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes/Rancher for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker Containerization.
- Experienced with deployment automation of all the micro - services to pull the image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker Swarm cluster using Ansible.
- In-depth understanding of the tools and best practices of Software Configuration Management such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Deployment to Amazon Web Services with Chef, Ansible and Terraform towards AWS or Google Compute cloud, and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and its features like EC2, ECS, EBS, Auto scaling, VPC, AWS IAM, AMI, RDS, ELB, API integration,Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, S3 bucket, SQS, SNS.
- Used Groovy scripts forCI/CD pipeline buildsand actively involved in the entire pipeline setups using Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, Terraform, AWS, XL Deploy and XL Release.
- Experience in using build tools like Maven, ANT and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Used Stack Driver Monitoring in GCP to check the alerts of the applications that run on the Google Cloud Platform and deployed on GCP using Google Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Proficient in using monitoring tool suites like Nagios, SPLUNK, ELK, Data dog, and Sumo Logic.
Cloud Platform: OpenStack, AWS, Google Cloud platform, and Azure
Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
Build Tools /CI Tools: Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Gradle, TeamCity, Bamboo, Visual Studio, XL Deploy ( 6.0.2), XL Release ( 3.0)
Monitoring Tools: Cloud watch, Elasticsearch, Nagios
SCM: Git, SubVersion (SVN), GitHub
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Scala, Groovy
Web Technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS
Release Management: BMC Release, XL Release
Collaboration: TFS, Slack, ServiceNow, JIRA
Databases: Oracle DB, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, SPLUNK
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, Docker Hub
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Ubuntu,Mac
Application Servers: Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache, JBoss, NGINX
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Designing and implementing application architectures based on functional and non-functionalrequirements.
- Collaborating with development teams to enhance deployment processes byimplementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Working on automation and continuous integration process with Jenkins and Chef.
- Delivering solutions to improve cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Public and Private cloud.
- Managing multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC’s for both prod and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Designing EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets.
- Utilized S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Drive and develop automation tasks for systems, security, application updates, and web sitedeployments via TFS and PowerShell.
- Providing status and performance reporting on test/development environments.
- Performing technical due diligence on third-party products prior to integration.
- Will provide insight and modeling into various browsers within the industry.
- Will stay abreast of current technology advancements in the industry and be prepared todiscuss options and conditions on the use of new technology environments.
- Assist application developers to adopt new platforms through documentation,, andmentoring.
- Collaborate with management to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for newproducts and architectures.
- Serve as a technical consultant to internal clients and technical management.
- Applying technical knowledge to determine end-to-end solution designs for large projectsinvolving line of business, software, hardware developers and vendors.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Git, Git Hub, PowerShell, Chef.
Confidential, Benton Harbor, MI
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Worked on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools(code review, unit test automation, build & release automation, environment, service, incident and change management).
- Designing, building and deploying many applications utilizing almost the AWS stack (EC2, S3, EMR, Lambda, ELB, Code deploy, code pipeline) with focus on high-availability, scalability.
- Maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure which contains multiple EC2 nodes and VM's required for different environments.
- Worked on Chef Recipes for automating Spring Boot application deployment in AWS EC2.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on slave nodes.
- Implementing the Xebia Labs suite of products (XL deploy & XL release) into the existing CI/CD environment with Python based plugins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, Maven and Gradle as built tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon Linux Environment, handling out of memory issues in Linux Kernels during rebalance in Kafka cluster.
- Successfully managed multiple build pipelines from Dev through to Prod on GIT source Control Management tools on various operating systems.
- Used Google Cloud Platform GCP Services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and Cloud Deployment Manager and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and Implementation using GCP.
- Successfully managed multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Experience in container technologies Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes and Virtualization Technologies Virtual Box, VMWare, Cloud Foundry.
- Working on setting up Docker on a Linux server and deploying the Docker application.
- Managing Docker images for different applications/versions.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating a local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Redesigned and rebuilt Rancher Cattle environment from Dev to Production using Spot pricing strategies.
- Strong experience in writing Ansible playbooks in YAML scripting to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Built and managed custom Asterisk PBX VoIP servers for client telecommunications systems
- Work with individuals and teams to optimize JIRA workflow functionality as it relates to the team’s processes as well as provide company-wide visibility and used JIRA for ticket tracking, change management.
- Assist in the proper operation and performance of SPLUNK, loggers and connectors.
- Advanced development, design, and integration of Micro services-based applications.
Environment: Amazon web services (AWS), Docker, Jenkins, XL Deploy, XL Release, ANT, Maven, Gradle, Git, Git Hub, JIRA, Java/J2EE, Groovy, OpenStack, Shell (bash), Tomcat Application Server, Python Scripts, SPLUNK, Linux, Asterisk, Kafka.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT, and QA.
- Performed Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- UsedChef to implement the continuous integration process and used XL Deploy to install chef recipes onto a target host.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Streamlined deployment process of Spring Boot application by using continuous Integration Cloudbees Jenkins pipeline.
- Worked on Spring Boot application integration with PCF.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Branches creation in Subversion (SVN) to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts raised during the merge in both subversions.
- Automation of deployment and server bounce process by creating scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Configured JIRAdashboards for different teams in the organization according to their needs.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
Environment: Azure, Apache, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, XL Deploy, Spring Boot, Chef, Shell, Perl, Ruby, JIRA, WebLogic and Nexus.
- Managed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Automating the Google cloud platform Infrastructure using GCP Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Designed GCP Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Followed the AgileScrum model with PODs and provided the WBS for the User stories.
- Handled the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Implemented the Chefcookbook to automate the integration process between RHEL and Windows AD using Kerberos key tab file.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM's from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrap the chef clients remotely and used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Involved in searching node attributes using Knife.
- Worked on the creation of custom Dockercontainer images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Used Docker-swarm to maintain the cluster of containers and I have written a Docker-compose file in YAML to spin up the containers.
- Build scripts using ANT and Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Responsible for on-boarding Application teams to build and deploy code using Jenkins, Git-hub, and Nexus.
- Created and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script for the applications.
- Installed the Ear, War files using XL deploy & XL release and Integrated Jenkins with XL deploy & XL release.
- Create quality gates in SonarQube dashboard and enforce them in the pipelines to fail the builds when conditions are not met.
- Created nightly builds with integration to code quality tools such as Veracode and SonarQube.
- Mostly used Google stack driver for monitoring the logs of both GKE and GCP instances and configured alerts from Stack driver.
- Setting up SPLUNK monitoring on Linux and windows systems.
- Worked with JIRA and Slack for project management and internal team communication.
- Created DNS private zone in both prod and non-prod and DNS forwarding outbound is setup
Environment: Git, Git-hub, Google cloud platform, Jenkins, XL Deploy, XL Release, Ansible, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, Docker Hub, Docker Swarm, Chef (cookbooks, knife, marketplace, recipe), ANT, Maven, Slack, SPLUNK, MySQL, YAML, JIRA.
- Installed and configuredCentOS and Solaris platforms.
- Hands-on experience with software configuration management (SCM) using SVN, Hudson and JIRA tools.
- Worked on logical volume management (LVM) by adding external disks from SAN storage.
- HandledUser and Group Management.
- Provided Privileged Password Management access to accounts in Solaris10, Linux and Windowsservers.
- Installed and configured subversion on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Managed all the subversionrepositories for branching and tagging.
- Worked closely with Project Managers, Developers and QA Analysts to ensure successful software build and deployment for test, staging and production environment.
- Developed shell scripts for automating various tasks (logs cleaning, backup applications, backup database files).
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat and JBoss on Linux production servers.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Troubleshooting issues riced during the build and deployment process.
- Worked on creating scripts for deleting the old deployed code and deploy the newly built code on application servers Tomcat and WebSphere.
Environment: CentOS, Solaris, JIRA, Subversion, Bamboo, JIRA, Web Sphere, Tomcat, SAN, Bash Shell scripting, Java, C++, Java/J2EE, SOA Software, Unix, Maven, GIT, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Remedy, Shell Scripts, Web Sphere.
Build & Release Engineer
- Handled development, UIT, SYSTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed UDeploy, XL Deploy server agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Developed build and deploy scripts using Groovy, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Worked in cross-platform environments like Linux, UNIX, AIX and Windows.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, build procedures and change history for releases.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Configured environment, run unit tests and created reports by using Maven.
- Partially worked on JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Owned Release to Production Process, gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD.
- Strengthened the relationship with the client by delivering successfully and this helped in gaining more project scope.
Environment: Maven, ANT, Groovy, Python, Shell Scripting, Linux, JIRA, Puppet, Perl, SVN, Agile Scrum, WebSphere, Jenkins, XL Deploy, Tomcat.