- Consistently received EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS rating on annual evaluation reports.
- Routinely provided counsel to senior embassy officials (DCMs, CGs, MCs and HROs).
- Delivered operational briefings to the Confidential Director and WHA Executive Officer.
- Effectively managed an annual $200,000 training budget.
- Developed an adjunct faculty trainer program that created over 70 trainers in multiple disciplines.
- Managed an annual training program that provided 150 course offerings with an annual throughput of over 1500 participants.
- Identified and determined training priorities, and provided training guidance for the WHA Region.
- Developed internal management controls for daily operations, training standards and course material.
- Adept in the classroom; as a senior trainer delivered over 25 soft skill subjects - leadership delivery is primary area of expertise.
Leadership Course Manager
- Responsible for the global delivery of all leadership courses provided to locally employed staff in embassies around the World.
- These workshops provided knowledge and skills for locally employed staff to perform their supervisory and management functions.
- Participated in the plenary meetings on subjects that impacted the future of Foreign Service National (FSN) training programs globally.
- Conducted after-training briefings with senior Embassy staff to include the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM), Management Officers, Human Resources Officers and Training Officers.
- Designed courses that used multiple blended learning approaches (classroom, online, DVC, etc.) while using the standard ADDIE model.
- Received a Franklin Award in recognition of innovative use of SharePoint, video technology to design blended training platforms.
- Demonstrated expert use of the Student Training Management System (STMS).
- Provided leadership training to Foreign Service Officers.
- Administered and interpreted the Myers Briggs Type Indicator to Foreign Service National (FSN) employees for application in the workplace.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise by training: basic supervisory leadership theory, situational leadership, motivation theory, customer service, communications and feedback, cross-cultural issues, process improvement, conflict resolution, teambuilding and group dynamics, coaching skills, evaluation reports and critical thinking.
- Extremely experienced in training international students. Trained over 8,000 international students from approximately 60 countries.
Training Branch Chief
- Managed all aspects of training for a military unit comprised of over 650 soldiers, civilians, and contractors geographically dispersed across the United States.
- Selected as Volunteer of the Quarter for training efforts in community.
- Designed a training program for the organization’s Information Technology professionals using traditional classroom instruction and computer based platforms.
- Performed quality control on all training events to ensure it met doctrinal standards.
- Conducted monthly professional development training seminars for senior civilian (GS13 and above) and senior military personnel.
- Developed training programs to meet the technical and professional needs of a diverse workforce which included technical, logistical, administrative, security and financial fields.
- Senior enlisted advisor to senior Commanders of multiple organizations ranging in size from 450 employees to 1500 employees; provided counsel on organizational behavior and leadership.
- Briefed Field Grade (Colonels) and General Officers on unit readiness during Quarterly and Annual Training Briefings.
- Conducted leadership training for senior leaders.
- Overall responsible for the training posture of all enlisted Soldiers.
- Awarded the Bronze Star and the Legion of Merit for exceptional performance during wartime and peacetime.
- Promoted to the highest enlisted rank, Command Sergeant Major.
- Selected as Sergeant of the Year for multiple organizations.
Operations Sergeant Major
- Managed all aspects of training for a military unit that included both training in our wartime mission and professional development of the Soldiers.
- Performed oversight on an annual training budget of $170k.
- Supervised a staff of 15 Noncommissioned Officers.
- Prepared training reports that supported the Quarterly and Annual Training Briefings.
- Scheduled Noncommissioned Officers for professional development training in accordance Army Training Requirement and Resource System (ATTRS).
- Managed the organization’s daily and long range planning calendars that supported the Mission Essential Task List (METL).
- Developed a local 40-hour leadership course to prepare junior Noncommissioned Officers for the execution of their leadership duties.