- Computer software and imaging specialist with over 20 years’ experience leading IT innovation and development
- Forward thinking technology leader, computer engineer, imaging specialist, and senior desktop support with exceptional work history.
- Longevity is one of my strengths, only working for two companies in the past 23 years.
- Served as lead imaging/configuration specialist at the Confidential for 10 years as well as providing leadership as a senior desktop support specialist for the past 3 years.
- During my tenure at Confidential I was responsible for all aspects of Windows Desktop and laptop imaging.
- Managed imaging staff and led daily operations which included conducting team meetings & staff on new imaging procedures.
- Also responsible for Tier Two Level Desktop Support at both Confidential and Confidential Corporate Headquarters.
- Responsible for internal and external clients.
- Proven computer expert, engineer, and leader with exceptional communication skills.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE:
- Senior Desktop Support (Tier Two Lead) - supporting Windows 10 (Build 1709)
- Setup configured and developed Imaging for Windows XP/7
- Managed Imaging team to Windows XP/7 for all Confidential Windows based systems throughout Confidential
- Worked to assure highest level of security on images
- Image Build and Setup for Mac Parallels
- Desktop and Laptop troubleshooting
- Printer setup & troubleshooting
- Novell Network 4.11 Administration
- Exchange 5.5 and 2000 Administration
- Network connectivity troubleshooting
- Administrator for AIX Servers
- Created & Maintained Imaging database
Technical: Linux Administration, Windows XP, Exchange Admin 5.5, Windows 2000 Server, AIX Basics and Intermediate, A+ Core, Windows 95 Support, MCSE 4.0, Novel 4.11 Internet ware Administration.
Desktop and Network Skills: Windows setup configuration & imaging, Image creation and maintenance, network connectivity troubleshooting, desktop & laptop troubleshooting, AIX Administration, MacParallels image build and setup, Netware 4.11 Administration, Exchange 5.5 & 2000 Admin, software installation & troubleshooting
Operating System & Software: Windows OS 10 (1709), 7, XP, 2000, 98, 95, NT
MS Office: 365, 2013, Exchange 5.5 and 2000; Active Directory (Users & Computers / Hyena); AIX; Adobe Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; Cylance agent 2.0, Skype for Business; Cisco AnyConnect VPN client; Citrix Receiver; Siebel; Cisco Jabber; Visio & Project.
Confidential, Alexandria, Virginia
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Senior Desktop Support technician working with Tier Two Technical Support Team.
- Responsible for providing exceptional deskside support to Windows 10 based customer at the Confidential .
- Provided lead responsibilities for the Tier Two team for 5 months which included admin support & technical guidance for other team members.
- Planning and scheduling team meetings were part of the duties as well.
- This also includes supporting VIP customers as well. Supporting customers included all Windows 10 issues, application, and hardware support.
- Perform deployments of newly imaged Windows 10 laptops/desktops (Included hardware setup (laptop/peripherals) & software install and configuration)
- Disaster recovery testing (Provided essential image & technical support during annual DR exercise.
- Wrote SOP documentation for Windows 10 support issues and procedures. Worked with technical writer to enhance SOP documentation procedures.
LEAD IMAGING/CONFIGURATION AND DEPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
- Managed imaging Team as well as lead the upgrade of all Confidential systems to Windows 7.
- Created images for standard configurations on all supported Windows based desktop and laptop computers.
- Led Windows 7 migration initiative for over a full year that the project took to complete.
- Updated existing images to assure compatibility with all patches and fixes.
- Led collaboration with security team to assure all images meet security requirements.
- Managed imaging staff, attended meetings, as well as supervised day-to-day team operations.
- Supervised Windows 10 Pilot program and Seamless Mobile Computing image build & configuration.
- Provided image and technical support during annual Disaster Recovery exercise in Germantown, MD.
- Delivered imaging expertise for PGP encryption initiative and GRFP projects.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
SENIOR TIER TWO TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
- Founding member of newly created Tier 2 team as part of Confidential support teams overhaul.
- Worked with system managers and install team members to deliver desktop support in the field.
- Collaborated with all IR clients and vendors to assure client satisfaction while supervising adherence to internal and external Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for escalations from first level support. Available on-call 24/7.
- Assisted with Windows XP testing, and supported Helpdesk Express project.
- Served as technical editor for support knowledge base.
- Responsible for successful XP migrations for Support Center users.
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
- Provided printer setup, backups, and restores.
- Delivered end-user support for system managers and install teams.
- Performed DHCP cleanup & maintained property-wide database containing all server-based information.