To continue work in the Information Technology field while developing my skills in Information Systems and Networking.
Customer Service Associate
- Troubleshooting and maintaining all software and hardware issues on user’s desktop and laptop computers.
- Backing up and transferring user’s data on a server.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Network and standalone printers.
- Troubleshooting all servers’ ticket using error messages generated and server log files.
- Putting users and computers into the correct group in Active Directory.
- Helping users encrypt their laptops as well as well as troubleshooting the correct certificates.
Desktop Support Engineer
- Troubleshooting computer hardware and software for all users in the Patent office.
- Backing up there home directory using Confidential .
- Restoring user’s saved profile with Confidential when a user was given a new computer.
Information Technology Specialist
- Set up maintained the Router and switches for the company’s network.
- Set up and maintained all computers for the users.
- Setup and maintained Android phones for the users.
- Trouble shouted and configured all software and computer hardware for the company.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Computer Technical Specialist
- Set up and maintain all software on Faculty and Staff computers in a Windows and Confidential environment.
- Troubleshoot all software and hardware problems on user’s machines.
- Check network connectivity issues on the client side.
- Set up and maintain all printers’ scanners and fax machines for staff and faculty and students.
- Configure and setup all PDA s for all faculty and staff.
- Help maintain lab computers on the windows and Confidential environment including hardware software and printing issues.
- Assist network Administrators with setting up and maintaining the network and assisting with network issues including routers switches and servers.
- This included DHCP server and Domain Controllers using active directory and a layer 3 thru 5 switches.
- Captured and pushed images to and from workstations with a ghost server.
- Pushed software packages to user’s machines using a KBOX server.
- Maintaining all classroom projectors which were connected to a smart board including the attached devices.
- Installing and troubleshooting all software and hardware issues for the school of Engineering and applied science.
- Serve as the primary contact with vendors to maintain licenses.
- Maintain a license server to keep software operational.
- Set up and maintain intermapper which monitored all switches servers and lab workstations in real time to see if machines were up and running.
- Set up virtual machines and installed all software on client machines.
- Set up and configured Polycom qdx 6000 video and Tandberg conferencing machines.
- Set up and brought down conference calls.
Confidential, Warrenton, VA
Senior Computer Network Support Technician
- Provide statewide data telecommunications and on the - site problem analysis and resolution; consultation; hardware and software installations; technical guidance and support for personal computing equipment.
- Provide local and wide area networking support, which included router switch and server and router configurations, and installations and problem resolutions.
- Troubleshoot all network components including routers switches servers and patch panels.
- Analyzing and diagnosing the network for the correct topology protocols and configurations.
- Install and maintain video conferencing systems which included Meeting Point.
- Diagnosed and fixed any problems computers may be experiencing including network software, and hardware issues.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Junior Network Administrator
- Performed the installation and removal of all programs on a network in a teaching and testing facility.
- Assigned rights and permissions to users and servicing them on the network.
- Troubleshoot all hardware as well as software problems on the network.
- Also configured IP addresses dynamically and statically for new machines on the network using a DHCP server.
- Maintaining compatibility of new hardware and software on our network which included routers, switches, and servers as well as workstations.
- Reorganized LANs to insure speed and performance.
- Installed and maintained all wiring on the network.