Lead Production Support Analyst with more than 20 years’ experience supporting successful mainframe operations. Well versed in all aspects of mainframe IT operations including maintenance schedules, meeting performance goals (SLA), help desk operations and staffing. In - depth knowledge of IBM zOS and supporting diagnostics and monitoring tools. Record of in staff, coaching, and mentoring for performance improvement and working with staff located offshore.
STRENGTHS AND COMPETENCIES:
- MVS, JES2, JES3, CA1
- Tivoli Omegamon
- NetView, IMS, SDSF, SAR, JHS, CICS, JCL
- IT Operations, Scheduling, Help Desk Operations, Ticketing systems, Disaster Recovery
- DB2 Utilities
- Service Now
Lead Production Support Analyst
- Supervised the Production Control Operation.
- Scheduled and supervised work assignments for the production control staff.
- Ensured the maintenance and update of Job Control Language and all on-line schedules for assigned shift.
- Worked with systems and applications staff to coordinate non-standard activities, database, and hardware maintenance.
- Coached and trained the staff, reviewed performance, and administered assessments of assigned personnel.
- Provide technical assistance to system users in resolving production issues
- Reviewed and analyzed logs and determined ways to improve production job streams.
- Acted as a central point of contact regarding matters affecting the area. Represented production control during disaster recovery exercises, coordinated staffing resources including schedules and on-call roster; worked with the remote offsite coordinator to arrange access to back up files or systems.
Production Control Lead/Analyst
- Responded to request from systems application software and hardware support personnel.
- Used advanced monitoring and diagnostic tools to analyze and manage operating systems, databases, and similar environments.
- Developed or modified Job Control Language and procedures, as necessary.
- Provided after hours Helpdesk functions; tracked, worked, and closed open Remedy tickets. Opened new tickets when requested.
- Conducted site research including discussions with internal/external clients and computer operations staff to understand customer requirements.
- Analyzed internal/external client’s requirements, process/workflow, and deadlines to provide support and resources that ensure the of SLA.
- Determined computing resource equipment, such as computer time, memory, and priority considerations necessary to support designated users.