Experienced PC Support Technician/Administrator with particular emphasis on PC refresh, migration hardware and software support/installation, network operation support and LAN/WAN Connectivity.
Operating systems: Windows 7/2007/2003/2000/ XP/ME/Vista, MAC OS, Linux; Remedy and Workstation./Servers
Hardware: Dell, Sony, IBM, Apple, HP/Compaq ; Toshiba Desktop, Servers and portables, HP, Xerox, Lexmark printers, Hub/ Cisco routers, Storage
Software: Swimage Encore, Norton Ghost, image; Symantec Antivirus; SAP, Patchlink; SCCM, Remady; Veritas Exec Backup, Firefox ; Roxio, CM; SMS ;Netscape/Explorer, Microsoft Office suites, LAWSON/DMG, Microsoft Outlook 2007 Connected backup; Java; Entourage, QuickTime; Mac OS 10x; and Remedy.
Desktop Support/Migration Refresh Technician
- Utilized Swimage Encore and Norton Ghost 6.5 to install primary Confidential image, followed by upgrading PC Firmware, updating Symantec live update, Windows update, applying VPN clienttesting wireless LAN
- Implementation Microsoft SMS for deployment of several custom user application packages; such as Acrobat 9.3, Adobe Reader 9.3, Adobe Flash ActiveX/Plugin 10.1, Java Update, Firefox and
- QuickTime for Windows. and migrated user desktop settings and networking ps from
- Windows XP to Windows 7 environment
- Administered group policies via DRA updating computer properties and joining PC to NDC account and account management and Active Directory.
- Utilizing Remedy Action Request System for Trouble Ticket Management. Hands - on daily tasks
- Include:- Closing helpdesk request; update new seat, perform asset management and run report.
- Installing, validating, updating and verifying the installation of SAP, CM, Patchlink client using
- RunMe application and using Altirius programs to backup and transfer client data to the new PC’s.
- Administer IP address using IP Control application to assign static IP to PC laptop and workstations
- Performed hardware configuration and troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DHCP, NIC, DNS, Gateway; WINS, and network drive mapping.
Desktop Support/Migration Refresh Technician
- Performed PC refresh by backing up and restoring client workstation using DELL CDM tools to migrate client Legacy PC to Target PC, Test and ensure all data are migrated setup, configure install, Target PC with network connectivity and adding target PC to Network Domain.
- Install network application such as Zen works, PointsecPC, Patch link, Aventail, Adobe Acrobat reader, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook 2003 setup, Symantec antivirus and antispyware utilities.
- Maintained, installed and configured PDA’s /smart phones Blackberry, software Synchronization and desktop Management.
- Administer hardware/software support at client’s location via remote access: email, phone and MS remote desktop connection
- Responsible for data Protection and backup for Microsoft Applications and other Proprietary application..
- Insures clients data migration competed, using Dell CDM tools and troubleshoot software application and connectivity issue.
Field Support Technician
- Supported system and component-level repairs for desktops, laptops, server printers, and other computer peripherals locally and remotely focusing on Dell, IBM, Sony, MPC, Apple and HP Compaq hardware
- Serviced the OEM providers as Field Engineer providing maintenance, installation, repair, upgrade, hardware/software configuration and operating system support in an inter-network environment, (Dell Server, HP, Server, Arc Server etc)
- Maintained, installed and configured Windows based workstations and Servers configuration such as DNS, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, RIAD and WINS.
- Performed hardware configuration and troubleshooting-,TCP/IP, DHCP, NIC, DNS, USB, Firewire, network drive mapping. advantage to client network systems.
- Performed scheduled maintenance, on laptop, workstations and servers
Confidential, Washington DC
System Support Analyst
- Installed, managed and maintained network printers, and print servers.
- Contacted appropriate vendors for service as need for maintenance and repair
- Performed systems backup and data recovery using Veritas backup software.
- Provided system administration support in Novell4, Windows NT and Microsoft 2003 environment by establishing, creating and maintaining the infrastructure security
- Created and deleted user accounts, workgroups, passwords, e-mail accounts, and established operator right for data access and file sharing.
- Assisted clients in setting up PCs and projectors for meetings and seminars, and troubleshooting connectivity with equipment.
- Performed Ghost image software, download and upload images from network server to Clients PCs