- Proven Success in Systems Optimization and Strategic IT Solutions
- Accomplished systems administrator with 16 years of experience managing server infrastructure and data - center operations across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, and VMware).
- Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure for a MAC level 1 site to consistently achieve high availability, data integrity, and performance.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems/network optimization.
- Skilled problem solver and troubleshooter managing systems, projects and teams in a range of environments.
HIGHLIGHTS OF IT SKILLS:
- LAN and Network Operations Center Administration
- Project Management
- Productivity Improvement
- Technical Support
- Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading
- Database Management
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities to network servers, workstations and equipment & Mentoring
Confidential, Chestertown, MD
Desktop Support Administrator
- Serves as full-time Tier II/III Desktop Support Administrator.
- Provides server, workstation and hardware support.
- Manages Linux Database Operating System, Citrix thin-clients, Windows 7, and Windows 10 systems for over 10 physical locations.
- Manages Active Directory, Office 365, and other various infrastructure solutions.
- Researched, developed, and maintained a technology refresh solution for Dixon, resulting in 4000% increase in productivity spent on installation, configuration and deployment.
- Successfully migrated an absorbed company from their previous infrastructure into Dixon’s with 100% end-user satisfaction of more than 50 employees in a period of 72 hours (Active Directory, Email, and user data).
- Researched and migrated Dixon from outdated Helpdesk platform to cloud-based solution while maintaining both platforms, keeping customers’ questions, issues and concerns at highest levels of regard during transition.
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
- Serves as a full-time systems engineer.
- Provides server, workstation and hardware support, and also VMware administration.
- Manages AD/DNS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Databases, and VoIP solutions.
- Provides Tier-II support for company client base.
- Designed and deployed a client’s outdated analog PRI telephony system to a hybrid of PRI and VOIP technology spanning 3 geologically separated sites.
- Maintained highest achievable customer satisfaction rating from over 400 submitted tickets.
Confidential, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Serves as a full-time systems administrator.
- Provides server, Network Operating Center, LAN/WAN/VPN, VMware administration, and Intrusion Detection and Prevention monitoring.
- Also manages AD/DNS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Databases, and Cisco VoIP solutions.
- Design and implement high availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for the command.
- Researches and tests upcoming technology for future implementation.
- Developed, implemented and configured 20 th Confidential ’s physical to virtual conversion, including reallocating SAN disk space to engineer a robust, scalable solution.
- Improved system security through setup and maintenance of the Confidential ’s Assured Compliance Assessment Solution ( Confidential ).
- Managed deployment, setup and redeployment of fully-functional classified and unclassified server enclaves and personnel in support of 20th Confidential ’s missions.
- Implemented VMware Site Recovery Manager to optimize system availability (averaging 99.99% uptime) and equipped 20th Confidential with scalable systems to attain fast service recovery.
- Trained users, help desk and junior system admins / network admins on network operations including log-in procedures, network management software, permissions, printing issues, security and use of software.
- As a team lead, enabled 20 th Confidential Command to set up Tactical Operations Center from a bare site to fully mission capable within 36 hours with over 300 devices and users in support of Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercises.
Confidential, Fort Drum, NY
System Administrator / On-site Technical Support
- Provided technical assistance and for local and wide area networks.
- Provided deployment, administration and operations of Enterprise Platform Services and applications as they move from garrison to field environment.
- Mentored and coached lower-grade IT Specialists within the team.