Information Services Professional with extensive experience in applications development. Diverse experience includes acting as skilled project leader, as well as an effective project member on both team - based and independent projects. Proven skills in every aspect of the software development life cycle. Able to establish rapport and credibility with diverse groups ranging from entry-level to senior executives.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
Hardware: Mainframe using z/OS Operating System; PC Compatibles
Databases: DB2, IMS, Progress
Languages: ALC, Assembler, CLIST, COBOL, COBOL II, Easytrieve, JCL, SQL
Operating Systems: MVS, OS/390, z/OS, Windows 95-98, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, XP, VISTA
Products/Tools: ACF2, CA-1, CA-7, CA-11, CICS, DASD, Endevor, FILE-AID, FTP, ISPF, JES 2, JES 3, RACF, Roscoe, TSO, VSAM, XPEDITER, Confidential, SQL, PACBASE, Librarian, Panvelet, Faxpress, IBM Utilities, BETA, Unix, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, MS Internet Explorer
Confidential, Westerville, Ohio
- Provided production support, resolved defects and made requested change requests.
- Conducted peer reviews, Led review meetings with the customer and acted as liaison between the team and the customer.
- Quickly learned BETA, Roscoe, and Confidential without any formal training. Selected to train other members of the team in these programs based on subject matter expertise.
- Converted several hundred jobs from Confidential to CA7 scheduler bringing the customer into compliance with software agreements, saving the client several thousands of dollars. This involved working closely with the Scheduler and in some cases training them on Confidential .
- Implemented FAXPRESS on the local server and clients workstations allowing the customer to automatically fax purchase orders to vendors saving in postage cost and shorting the delay of the PO’s getting to the vendor.
- Led a team that converted several hundred COBOL/COBOL II programs to COBOL 370 bringing the customer into compliance with software agreements.
- Researched and resolved issues and completed change requests.
- Helped implement Control Record Process, which involved change over 60 JCL's and PROC's.
- Implemented the Control Record Process in several jobs on the customer’s machine.
- Recognized as FTP Subject Matter Expert by the Tech Lead.
- Selected as Technical Lead for a team of 5 members responsible for production support for the Confidential Data Billing Systems.
- Updated and monitored project schedule based on input from Innate Time Tracking system.
- Attended IPC meetings every 2 weeks to discuss new system upgrades and changes that affected applications.
- Instructed and checked the work of other applications development personnel involved with the design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and implementation of software applications.
- Trained additional members on the 4 systems and the mainframe environment which entailed requesting CBT courses, locating documentation, one-on-one training and demonstrations.