- Lead tech in multiple migrations from Win7 to Win10 and installs of software and data migration.
- Vast technical knowledge of desktops, tablets, iPhones, iPads, and MobiKey for the ARMY and Secretary of Defense Policy group in the Confidential .
- VIP Tier II Support Specialist, Troubleshooting, NIPR (Non Classified)/SIPR (Classified), Hardware and Software support, Team Leadership & Motivation.
- Decisive, take - charge, self-motivated Leader, and expert experience in IT support and government IT experience.
- Proven ability to balance competing demands, set priorities, lead, instruct, inspire staff, and provide expert technical advice to customers for NIPR/SIPR
Software: Microsoft Office products, MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, RSA SecurID Console
Hardware: PCs, VDIs, Laptops, Tablets, iPads, Printers, switches and routers
Networking: LAN & VPN/Remote Connectivity, TCP/IP
Platforms: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Process Flows: Remedy Ticketing Software
Help Desk Analyst
- Troubleshoots, resolves, integrates, tests, and maintains operating systems environments such as, but not limited to: Windows 10, MS Office 2013, etc
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies
- Walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem. Classifies level, priority, and nature of problem.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error; determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, or cables.
- Works with team members to identify issue trends and suggests long-term strategies to help mitigate incoming issues.
- Troubleshoots palm/handheld operating systems, architecture, data backup and recovery
- Familiar with workstation and zero client, server architecture, network infrastructure, and data transmission methodologies.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help- line incident rate
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests and troubleshoots software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
- Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Writes or revises user manuals and procedures.
- Develops materials such as exercises and visual displays.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom or recommends outside contractors to provide .
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises
Helpdesk Tier 2/Installation Technician
- Managed and lead a small crew (2-5) in performing daily service tickets such as systems moves, adds, installs, upgrades, maintenances, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates great ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, emails and in-person requests for assistance from user experiencing technology problems with NIPR & SIPR computers.
- Focused on providing First Call Resolution/IT Support for End Users at: Confidential, Fort Belvoir, Taylor Building, Hoffman Building, Mark Center, and Multiple Crystal City Potomac Gate locations.
- Demonstrates ability to identify, document, resolve, and/or escalate situations.
- First level support for service requests relating to all technology to include: workstations, servers, printers, network, and vendor specific hardware, and software applications.
- Planned and directed full spectrum support to military community.
- Under general supervision providing the highest level of customer service in a military environment.
- Perform re-imaging (Stand Alone/Network), Registry Rollback, Security updates, and policies via RADIA.
- Uninstall, install varies software for user laptop, desktop, local/network printers, and scanners.
- Provide level 2 end-user technical support for Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Network connection.
- Skilled in breaking down systems, remove malfunctioning hardware, and install new parts for desktops and laptops.
- Strong exposures to troubleshooting, identify, evaluate, and solve end-user workstation issues.
- Ensure HP Service Manager Queues are continuously monitored and make sure tickets are addressed in a priority order determined by the impact the problem has on impeding the user to perform their duties. Make initial contact with the User, upon receipt of the ticket via phone call, deskside visit, and/or email.
- Successfully performs software install, re-image hard drives, transfer data, configure Outlook emails, verify accounts in
- Active Directory, place computers on the domain NIPR/SIPR, conduct machine refreshes, and specialize in troubleshooting Java applications.
- Effectively monitor Remedy ticket queue and work on assigned tickets, with high importance on Platinum and Gold customers.
- Provide detail tickets through Remedy Ticketing Software.
- Provide support for Office 365 functionalities.
- Provide end user support for VDI.
- Ensure IT services are rendered and tested for telework users using VPN and Citrix Services.
- Printer troubleshooting including hardware replacements such as toner, fuser and print rollers.
- Outlook setup and troubleshooting including adding mailboxes, rules, delegation and .pst file recovery.
- Wireless services (mobile phones and laptops).
- Replace defective cabling electronics and simple replacement of defective cabling electronics.
- Restart wiring closet cabling electronics including switches.
- Local on-site cabling.
- Provide password recovery for encrypted devices.
- Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption.
- PC refresh and migration XP to Windows 7 and 8.
- System Administration, Active Directory - Account creation, Password resets, Group.
- Develop quick guides to assist end-users with challenging software application features.
- Display courtesy and strong interpersonal skills with all customer interactions.
- Install software, modify and repair hardware and resolve technical issues.
- Unlock RSA SecurID Tokens and reset PIN numbers using the RSA Console.
- Handle project fault resolution within a Windows 7 enterprise environment, including system crashes, performance degradation and data recoveries. Engage and track VIP issues with precise documentation, resolution and closure of trouble tickets.
- Enforce IT security principles, methods, and tools, while evaluating and defining IT security requirements and maintaining IT systems security documentation facilitating implementation of Bureau-wide standard IT practices and processes.
- Promoted to Team Leader for Desktop and Mobile Team within 3 months of helpdesk that include following best practices provided by NIST.
- Creating user accounts using Active Directory including desktop, mobile device using guidelines of Confidential .
- Efficient in using BMC Remedy 6.5.
- Provide end user support for VDI and Citrix database.
- Manage User accounts re-enabling, account unlocks, password reset functions in Active Directory.
- Run Safeboot recoveries for locked government computers using the McAfee Safeboot Console
- Provided Virus removal.
- PC reimaging and operating system installations.
- Update ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed.