Professional, dependable, personable, results - oriented professional, with 15+ years of finance experience in various industries, seeking new opportunities to bring extensive knowledge and skill set to a stable, growing industry leader. Creative and recognized for strong skills in communicating, analyzing, and resolving issues.
Blackline Reconciliation Oracle Fixed Asset Module Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint VS&A - Master Records Data SOAR - Status of Accounts Tool GART Reconciliation Experienced SAP FI/CO Business Warehouse Acuity Sage Accounting Software Excellent Communications Skills (verbal and written) Detail Oriented and Organized Works well under pressure Team Player Ability to work in fast paced environment .
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst
- Create Final Assets for AUC’s-Assets Under Construction/WBS in SAP.
- Create critical Master AUC report used as a Base report for important FA Accounting reporting.
- Prepare ad-hoc Fixed Asset Cost Re-classing, Correcting Journal Entries & Write-Offs/Ons as needed.
- Generate several Fixed Asset Data Preparation and Miscellaneous reports of Dry Well, Cancelled Well, Lease/Seismic, and Ad-hoc Project Settlement Reports.
- Create Fixed Asset Service Op reports to Book (Post to G/L accounts in SAP) each Well Gas Volumes for SWD, SBU, NBU and any other BU regions.
- Manage and Perform Fixed Asset Account Reconciliations (in Blackline Database).
- Correspond and Interact heavily with Business Units for Asset information.
- Daily activity with SAP, Microsoft Office and Reports with Access Macros.
- Inquisitive with a willingness to learn; participate with team and Reliable.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
FINANCIAL FIXED ASSETS ANALYST
- Close and Disable AFE s
- Process transactions in Oracle Fixed Asset module
- Prepare AFE reports
- Prepare AFE closing Journal Entries
- Assist with department projects as assigned
- Prepare correcting month - end Journal Entries in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Also kept Microsoft reconciliations spreadsheet comparisons in Microsoft Excel; yearly comparisons in Access.
- Updated the Employee Database (MS Access) with their grade statuses, corporate goals and predecessors for promotions.
- Set-up employee for each department to adhere that proper standards are met within the company's vision.
- Input any revisions made during that would align with the employee/business goals, and the completion.
- Set appointments on department leads calendars and confirm data input is aligned in the systems for the required delivery of successful .
- Track company metrics in employee versus goals set.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Reporting of Payroll, AP/AR unclaimed properties (with Ryan/TRACKER software) to all 50+ states for Confidential Company, Aera Energy, SOPUS, Motiva, SPLC, Deer Park, Pennzoil Quaker State and Jiffy Lube companies.
- Prepare and comply with each state specifics annual state reporting due dates and requirements according to Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Execute W2 s and backup support for reconciliations of status account reporting monthly, quarterly and annually
- Manage all state and compliance correspondence of AP/AR, Payroll, HR and employee inquiries for auditing
- Processed adjustments for expatriates and other corrections for Payroll, AP/AR and Retail
- Request payments and remit funds to the states for checks not cashed and items unclaimed after reaching its designated dormancy period.
- Perform outstanding check research on each company s check register to ensure checks are monitored, as part of the due diligence necessary to report filings.
- Managed, resolved and responded to all AP vendors, AR customer inquiries related to pay errors
- Corresponded and processed all state and escheatment claims for refunding and inquiry requests
- Analyze, reconcile and prepare journal entries after final reporting s in the escheatment process.
Senior Financial Associate
- Performed payroll, vendor and customer voids/stop payments from CitiDirect and SAP system.
- Perform Confidential processing for multi - state, multi-location weekly, bi-weekly and off cycle payrolls
- Positive pay clearing with JP Morgan Chase & CitiDirect
- Claims processing, clearing, write off and emails to Finance for items aged over 60 days
- Processed adjustments coordinated and manage all accounts payables, receivables and Confidential testing
- Manage, resolve and respond to customer inquiries related to pay business administrators and contacts on master data errors
- Handle special projects for the department, as assigned.
- Processed check printing for internal multi-companies and multi-location daily.
- Cleared positive pay items with CitiDirect.
- Tracked metrics for Quality Assurance review of duplicates.
- Complied and reviewed Sarbanes Oxley 404 for job regulations.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Reviews, validates and processes all invoices, expense reports, and check requests received in the A/P department.
- Process high-volume merchandise purchase invoice timely with proficiency in matching invoices against associated purchase orders and receiving records.
- Prepares journal entries and process all adjustments as appropriate.
- Resolves inquiries from external vendors and/or internal store locations regarding payments or invoice discrepancies.
- Maintains active vendor list and accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable electronic files.
- Complete monthly reconciliations and aging for accounts payable.
- Assist senior accountant/supervisor in month end expense accrual and year-end audit related to the Accounts Payable function.
- Assist with yearly 1099 reporting to vendors.
- Assist with other special projects, as needed.
Senior Benefits Accountant
- Analyzed and prepared third party account reconciliations of 350+ balances to the internal businesses, report status of account to partners, bill outstanding balances and reconcile payments, for all third party garnish wages for all Shell companies employees payroll.
- Researched to resolve general ledger balance exceptions due to transfer employees, refund/stop payments, pro - checks and expatriate employees.
- Managed processing of weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly multi-state Confidential for over 3000 employees.
- Imported process of new hires and time clock data, status changes, terminations and balancing of Confidential batches, including reconciling ACH to Confidential and G/L as well as processed 3rd party payments.
- Audited garnishment documentation processed, ensuring correct deductions and exacting numbers, warding off any employee issues.
- Collaborated with Human Resources Operations and Generalists, resolving employee issues and inquiries via Confidential Call Center.
- Consistently met deadlines and ensured new employees were properly set-up in the system for smooth processing.
- Managed sorting, distribution of checks and issuance of manual checks; researched and corrected system errors.
- Verified relocation interface; performed FI posting and error resolution, which resulted in more efficient FI processing.
- Processed balance adjustments, including determining adjustment required, data entry, processing and verification of adjustment.
- Perform Confidential processing for multi-state, multi-location weekly and semi-monthly payrolls.
- Process data management of special earnings and deduction transactions.
- Prepare Check Requests & Reports required for 3rd Party Payments.
- Reconcile payrolls(s) for processing frequency, quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Manage, resolve and respond to customer inquiries related to pay.
- Prepare ACH/Wire Transfer funding requests.
- Handle special projects for all departments, as assigned.
- Analyzed and reconciled differences between SAP balances versus business warehouse and record general ledger entries to clear discrepancies.
- Processed garnishments, 3rd party payments ( Confidential ) and produced reports utilizing ADP Report write.
- Updated Process Procedures.
- Performed Due Diligence research and problem solved with various VP's and departments to streamline.
- Compiled Confidential reports, reconciled Confidential accounts and processed necessary journal entries.
- Maintained and updated employment adjustments; monitored and entered Confidential data for special payments, vacations and bonuses.
- Reconciled and resolved discrepancies for Shell and subsidiaries Confidential bank accounts by using the bank files, general ledger, and the detailed IDOC listings.
- Analyzed garnishments data in SAP while utilizing knowledge of state rules and calculations as well as reconciled to the general ledger.
- Performed general Confidential bank adjustments, including data entry, off - cycle processing, replacement, stops and voids.
- Oversaw error resolutions for master data, Confidential and FI errors; processed year-end adjustments that resulted in more efficient FI processing.