- Results - driven facilities management with a proven track record of 20+ years of experience driving the advanced performance and profitability of large chemical manufacturing plants. Leverage expertise in maintenance and operations planning to coordinate the timely and cost-effective delivery of high-quality materials, tools and services that support day-to-day facilities operations.
- Utilize SAP enterprise systems to effectively plan and orchestrate all materials management and plant maintenance activities.
- Capitalize on superior communication and interpersonal skills to cultivate strong relationships with vendors, contractors and all members of an organization.
- Build and spearhead top-performing teams, providing the tactical guidance, training and support needed to meet and exceed all business and regulatory requirements.
- Supervisory skills which include understanding and enforcement of all company policies and good oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to exhibit strong communication, drive improvement in others, delegate and empower others, be a champion of change, problem solve, and have excellent technical orientation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Understand and utilize purchasing & leasing contract agreements and procedures;
- Understand and utilize expense budget development and management methods;
- Knowledge of expense and capital budgeting procedures;
- Understand and utilize PSM “management of change” procedures;
- Understand functionality of plant process equipment;
- Knowledge of multiple craft functions and repair requirements;
- Functional understanding of SAP PM and ability to use advance SAP PM functions;
- Plant logistics knowledge related to unit and equipment siting;
- Understand and utilize Confidential, PSM, and material inventory procedures;
- Ability to assess, measure and correct contractor performance, ability to influence and interact with management and contractors.
- Open to flexible assignments in order to meet business needs where needed.
- Able to climb ladders and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
CORE COMPETENCIES & TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:
- Facilities Operations Management Materials, Maintenance & Operations Planning
- Project Management Budgeting
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Cost Reduction
- Performance Management
- Safety & Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Procurement Contract Negotiations Inventory Control
- Vendor & Contractor Relations Communication
- Skills Staff Training & Development Team
- Leadership over 10years with SAP Systems (PM,MM, Purchasing)
- SAP Super User
Confidential, Pasadena & Alvin, Texas
Senior Planner/Maintenance Coordinator/Backup Maintenance Supervisor
- Perform on-boarding of contractors to ensure Confidential performance of resident and non-resident contractors.
- Accountable for the Confidential performance of resident and non-resident contractors.
- Determines cost/risk analysis for expense and capital spending;
- Evaluates contractor performance in meeting cost, work quality and scheduling requirements;
- Participates in development of contract requirements and establishment of contractor responsibilities;
- Assures that cost effective and efficient processes are being utilized;
- Aligns plant wide work priorities using input for plant planners/schedulers and negotiates conflicting work requests;
- Applies key performance indicators for work process effectiveness;
- Keeps current on new technology and state-of-the-art methods;
- Manages the requirements of shop physical fixtures and equipment;
- Assists in developing work plans and schedules for shop and equipment maintenance;
- Manages notification and work order backlogs;
- Assists in determining and manage job priorities;
- Maintains compliance documentation and archives;
- Reviews effectiveness of work process and procedures;
- Manages multiple work execution schedules and coordinates craft work assignments;
- Secures proper permitting as required;
- Monitors contractor work activities and completions;
- Reserves and requisitions materials and services through SAP;
- Coordinates shared resources plant wide.
- Manages and serves as the mechanical planner for all predictive and preventive job plans and corresponding work notifications.
- Manages and serves as planner for all plant facilities.
- Serves as back up to the Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Plan maintenance work pre turnarounds and act as maintenance coordinator during actually turnaround
- Partnered with the Production / Maintenance Coordinator (PMC) to verify that high-cost work orders provided sufficient return on investments relative to the current business environment.
- Generated significant cost savings by continuously delivering quality orders that met and exceeded requirements.
- Generate all work plans for all plant wide safety devices (pressure relief valve, rupture pins, rupture disk) in a timely matter to meet all compliance issues
- SAP Super User
- Oversee the PM process for all mechanical PM for the site. Create, modify, delete, PM plans
- Build tasklist and BOM as needed
Maintenance Project Coordinator / Facilities Supervisor
- Planned, budgeted and managed all plant maintenance and capital improvement projects to maintain the safe and cost-effective operation of the large chemical plant.
- Oversaw all facility maintenance operations, which involved maintaining 84 plant vehicles; coordinating and maintaining records of changes to the building structure; scheduling road and grounds maintenance activities as well as HVAC, janitorial and pest control services.
- Leveraged strong communication skills to negotiate competitively priced contracts with building contractors, service providers and equipment vendors.
- Used SAP enterprise systems to order all necessary materials and prioritize plant maintenance work orders.
- Partnered with third-party contractors to ensure compliance with all Maintenance Operation Workflow Process (MOWP) requirements and safety procedures.
- Functioned as Field Execution Supervisor tasked with obtaining permits, conducting field reviews and providing performance feedback to contractors.
- Ensured the safe, on time and within budget completion of all facilities maintenance projects by effectively collaborating with contractors and all staff members from the Operations, Maintenance and Safety Departments.
- Minimized auto shop and tool room expenses by skillfully orchestrating the maintenance of 84 plant vehicles as well as the cost-effective purchase and repair of tools.
- Successfully coordinated the maintenance and improvement of AC and plant safety systems in addition to resolving Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) leaks.
Production / Maintenance Coordinator
- Acted the primary liaison between the Production and Maintenance Departments tasked with maintaining all assets in a process unit.
- Reviewed all maintenance work requests to identify, analyze and ensure compliance with all business requirements, production needs and budget constraints.
- Represented the Operations team throughout the entire maintenance process to ensure compliance with Health, Safety & Environment ( Confidential ) regulations and Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures.
- Utilized SAP plant maintenance, material management systems and office-based computer software to effectively plan and coordinate all maintenance projects.
- Gained approval from the Operations Department to institute a new Maintenance Operation Work Process (MOWP) after demonstrating the significant cost savings generated from implementation.
- Leveraged a thorough understanding of plant chemical processes, operating economics and MOWP requirements to support all chemical manufacturing operations.
- Orchestrated major turnaround projects to decontaminate the process equipment of Confidential ’s chemical plant in Alvin, Texas.
- Created work plans and one line drawings that identified all isolation points that needed blinding.
- Partnered with operation teams to review all work plans with each department and gain valuable input from process technicians.
- Served as the main point of contact between the Maintenance and Operations Groups while functioning as a Backup Operation Planner tasked with scheduling and coordinating day-to-day maintenance activities using SAP enterprise systems.
- Safely completed the turnaround project in compliance with all business, schedule and budget requirements.
- Facilitated the management of equipment cleaning work plans and sketches after converting them to electronic files.
- Played a key role as the member of the MOWP startup team at Confidential ’s Chocolate Bayou olefins & hydrocarbons plant.
Maintenance / Lab Training Coordinator
- Devised and implemented numerous training programs to develop the skills of Lab and Maintenance employees, as needed.
- Coordinated internal and external training programs in collaboration with outside vendors, plant engineers and specialists.
- Assisted operations training coordinators with creating and updating training manuals in addition to completing recertification testing.
- Ensured that all of the Maintenance Department’s millwrights obtain national recertification.
- Successfully planned, developed and executed numerous regulatory training programs to ensure compliance with the Safety, Health & Environmental ( Confidential ) Department’s requirements.