- Windows XP, 7, 10
- Mac OS
- Office 2010 2016 and 365
- Lenovo Fingerprint Software
- Active Directory
- One Drive
- Remedy, HEAT SDE, Applix, Domino, Clarify, Vantage, Kintana, Peregrine Service Center, Service Now
- SMS, Dame Ware, UltraVNC, LANDesk
- Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 including Outlook and some Lotus Notes
- Blackberry, Android, Cisco IP phones
- IP phone support
- Window Easy Transfer Wizard
- Druva Backup System
- FlowJo and Image J
- Outlook Exchange
- SAS database installation and support
- Integrated Tax System, Data Warehouse, City Clean Hands support ( Confidential )
- Adobe, Silverlight, JAVA, WinZip, ITunes installation and support
- SCCM, GHOST imaging systems
- Aspect and ACD Phone Systems
- Phone, e - mail, IM, ticket and deskside technical support
- Asset management - new and recovery/disposal
- VPN: Cisco, Juniper, JUNOS.RSA, Checkpoint technical support remote and deskside
- Network printer troubleshooting
- CAC card administration
- HP, Lenovo, Dell hardware experience
- Norton, McAfee, Checkpoint/Endpoint security experience
- Stellar technical troubleshooting skills and deskside manner
- Technical documentation composition/editing
- Experienced in technical support for lawyers, C-level and VIP customers
- Service Now ticketing system
- Cisco Jabber Messaging
- Support Center
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 and 260
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Desktop Support Tech/TRP Tech
- In this role,I support physicians, nurses and cancer researchers who utilize Windows and Mac OS.
- On a daily basis, I order, image and deploy new Dell and Mac desktops and laptops.
- Consultations with the users are performed in advance, to ensure that all software is installed on the new system in advance.
- Old hardware, to include monitors are tagged and placed in a designated area for Surplus.
- Follow ups for excellent customer service are crucial.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- I am part of a team of Desktop Support technicians, who are performing a huge pc hardware migration.
- The end users are going from an older model of Dell hardware to a new Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.
- On a daily basis, I unbox and reimage the new equipment, schedule a time to survey the user’s old machine to ensure that all existing software will be installed on the new laptop.
- Using active directory, the laptop is placed in the correct OU.
- I deploy the laptop, docking station, peripherals and two 24 inch media monitors.
- Training on the new equipment is part of the migration, as well ensuring that an instructional video is placed on the user’s desktop for future reference.
- Old equipment is returned to my work space, where it is stored for 30 days, then decommissioned and wiped for donation.
- A log of the migration process and bit-locker information is also done mandatorily as part of this migration.
- Post migration support is a large part of this role as well.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- I assisted in the migration of new hardware for a Win 7 environment.
- Coordinated with end users to back up their data on a hard drive and then returned within a day or so, to complete the actual deployment.
- Labeled and stored old equipment for at least 30 days, to ensure that all data had been moved over.
- Disposed of old mice and keyboards for donation purposes.
- This deployment was in a few locations of the Smithsonian museums, so local travel was required.
Win 7 Deployment
- Assisted in the deployment of over 850 replacement Dell laptops and dual monitors for a huge Federal government agency.
- This involved every aspect of a deployment, from setting appointments with users to back up their data, to post migration technical support.
- Ensured that migration was seamless, by noting end user’s current applications and mirroring them on the new laptop.
- A big focus was put on Outlook archive email, as some users had emails dating back over a decade ago.
- Ensured that local and network printers were working and configured dual and sometimes triple monitors to user’s preference.
- Documented each deployment in the Remedy ticketing system and added relevant attachments.
- Emphasis was placed on great communication skills with users as well as fellow techs and my lead/supervisor.
- Under a very tight deadline, migrated machines in place in 2 buildings (10 floors each), with application reinstallation, printers, PST’s and data restoration from network saves via Confidential Transfer tool.
- Asked critical technical questions which helped the PM end the project with a perfect finish, 2 days early after the GPO delayed the 10 week project by 3 weeks.
- Provided phone, walk in, remote and deskside support to over 1,500 Federal government employees.
- Daily functions included but were not limited to managing user accounts via Active Directory, troubleshooting network printers, local printers, Outlook and MS Office suite, web and various software issues.
- Assisted VPN users with log in or account lock out issues.
- Shipped new laptops out to remote users, whose hardware had reached it’s warranty expiration date.
- Assigned temporary Wi-Fi passwords to walk-ins who wanted to use the conference room.
- Maintained hardware inventory list as well as loaner laptop equipment. Imaged and reimaged new laptops on a daily basis.
- Utilized Remedy ticketing system to document all tickets.
- Responded to a high level of incoming calls, walk ins, deskside, and remote technical issues for the Office of Chief Financial Officer for the Confidential .
- Acted as point of contact on various SharePoint issues, as well as VPN.
- Monitored and assigned tickets using the Service Desk Express (SDE) ticketing system, and managed user accounts via Active Directory.
- Imaged and reimaged hardware via GHOST. Built two test machines for a department head by collecting images from various Confidential agencies.
- Managed audio visual equipment and set up conference rooms for training and conferences.
- Coordinated with various trainers prior to classes, to load software on class room computers.
- Provided one on one training to users in regards to VPN and SharePoint.