Computer Professional with 20+ years of experience in all stages of software/hardware development and deployment, including: s ystem and network security appliance manufacturing and testing, Computer Network (L2/L3 - 7) testing, software engineering, technical marketing and support, programming, troubleshooting, and database implementation. Strong ability to solve technical challenges in corporations trying to develop robust products. Deep understanding of AI, Data Science/Analysis and Machine & Deep Learning with a focus on waterfall and agile development methodologies; Entrepreneurship; Authoring; Professor
Authoring: 2 Computer Science Books (C, C++), OS Book, SGI’s Computer H/W Systems Engineers Book, LAN and WAN (OSI, X.25, SNA) Tutorials; System Administration of Solaris, AIX, Redhat, HP-UX.
Teaching: Taught Math & Computer Science courses (please see list)
Computer System Integration & Network Protocol Testing: DDCMP, SNA (L2 SDLC, BSC), IBM 2780/3780/HASP RJE, SNA-3770, IBM LU 6.2 and PU 2.1, SNA-3270, TCP-3270, COAX-3270 (CUT and DFT), IBM BSC-3270, IBM-5080, TCP/IP, X.25/L2 (HDLC), X.25, X.25/DDN, DDN (DECNET), DEC’S LAT, OSI Transport (TP4), TCP, IP, IPX, SPX, ES-IS, IS-IS), FTAM, X.400, IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD, NFS, RFS, STREAMS, FDDI, TOKEN RING, ATM (OC3c, DS3, DS1, SONET, MPLS), DWDM, TDM, IEEE-802.15 Resilient Packet Ring (RPR), HTTP, HTTPS, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, GigaBit Ethernet, Bridging, LAN, WAN, MAN, Firewall, UNIX,UI/GUI, SNMP, Frame Relay, VPN, Plexus Unix Computer System, Convergent PC-386/UNIX System, SGI O2 - Origin2000 System, Confidential Network Performance & Intrusion Detection Monitoring/Security Appliance. WAN HP4951/5, DIGILOG 400, TEKELAC’s Chameleon, COMSTATE II, HP 75000 ATM Analyzer, SGI’s Network Visualyzer, FDDI Visualyzer, HP OpenView Network Manager, Computer Associates’ UniCenter, Lightwave’s ASA-312 (SONET, OC-3/OC-12, ATM). tcpdump, WireShirk LAN Network General’s Sniffer (for Token Ring and Ethernet), HP 4971S, CMC’s LanScan, OSI, Cray HPC, Container
Computer Systems & Operating Systems: UNIX (IRIX, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.), FreeBSD, MacOS, Windows, NT, IBM (MVS, VM, CMS), DEC(TOPS-10), CYBER (NOS), LINUX (RHEL & SuSE, CentOS, Ubuntu), Hadoop HDFS / Linux, Solaris Zones, LPAR, Container, HPC, Cray, Container, Linux Kernel
Routers: IP, IPv6, Novel’s IPX, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, RIP, RSVP, PNNI, CISCO 1600, CISCO 2600.
Switches: ForeSystems’ ATM Switch (OC3c, DS3, DS1), Cabletron’s ATM Switch (OC3c LANE), Catalyst, CISCO MDS-9000 Switch.
Computer Protocol Analyzers/Testers and Network Management Tools:
WAN: HP4951/5, DIGILOG 400, TEKELAC’s Chameleon, COMSTATE II, HP 75000 ATM Analyzer, SGI’s Network Visualyzer, FDDI Visualyzer, HP OpenView Network Manager, Computer Associates’ UniCenter, Lightwave’s ASA-312 (SONET, OC-3/OC-12, ATM). tcpdump, WireShirk
LAN: Network General’s Sniffer (for Token Ring and Ethernet), HP 4971S, CMC’s LanScan.
RDBMS: Oracle, Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) 8.0, SQLNet, SQL, SQL/C, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle 7.3 / 8.0, Informix.
Data Warehouse: Oracle 8.0 (800GB), Crystal Report, SGI’s Data Mining S/W MineSet
Database Administration: Oracle 7.3 / 8.0 (Disk Layout, Install, Configure, Users, Monitor, etc.), MySql
RDBMS Performance Analysis and Tuning: Oracle 7.3 / 8.0, Informix, MySQL
System and Network Administration: UNIX, Linux (RHEL and SuSE), AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, FreeBSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, LAN, WAN, NOS, NFS, Firewall, Network Load Balance, Confidential ’ Network Backup.
System and Network Performance Analysis & Tuning: SGI Origin 2000 (NUMA) Computer System, Network, NFS, Netscape WebServer, Confidential NetVCR Security Appliance, Oracle Tuning, Informix Tuning.
S/W Development: Core HTTP and HTTPS Web Spider/Browser, Email, StockQuote, Direction, Weather, etc. and Integration with Text-To-Speech (TTS), Network Monitor Code, Test Programs, OO Programming (OOP) in C++, OOD
S/W Development Environment and Tools: CASETools, dbx, gdb, Source Navigator (snavigator) for Control Flows, Hierarchy (Call Tree), CVS, Project Setup; vi, vim, edit, Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, crash (Linux), SCAT, kdb (AIX), q4 (HP-UX),, Confidential Glide (Java)
S/W Release: Release Process, CVS, ClearCase, git, Bug Tracking System (Bugzilla, e-Track, Salesforce, ServicNow ITSM), Backup, Disaster Recovery, Document Control (Change Control Board (CCB), ECR, ECO, DA).
S/W QA/Test: Form QA/Test Teams, Code Review, Test Plan, Test Program Development and Test Source Tree and Revision Management (CVS), Test Automation, Bug Management.
Compiler Test: C, C++, ADA
Storage: SAN Architecture, SAN S/W, FileSystem XFS,Volume Manger XLV, Confidential ' Volume Manager (VM), VxFS, RAID, Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, NAS, EMC Networker Backup, NFS, High Availability, Clustering (VCS), Database Edition (DBED) and Oracle Parallel Server, NDMP, Big-data / Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Pig &Tez).
Manufacturing: Diagnostic Test, Mfg Test LAN,Sanity Tests, Mfg Test and Shipping Checklist, In-House and Contract Manufacturing Process Flows, Mfg Test, HQC Tests, Root-Cause Analysis, Contract Mfg, and Did From PO-Purchase-Production-Shipment.
Technical Marketing: HPC, AIM and SPEC Performance Benchmarks, Performance Notes, Domestic and International Tradeshows, Presales Configuration and Support.
Customer Support: Trouble Shoot, UNIX/RHEL/AIX/HP-UX/Solaris/FreeBSD, Shell, Printer, Modem, Disks, LAN, and WAN, and SAN, VxVM, VxFS, VVR, VCS Clustering, LDAP and AD, CIFS, NFS, SAN and HBA and SAN Switches; WebServer, Data Security check reporting, Confidential ITSM Cloud Management System.
Customer, Systems Engineering and Manufacturing Training: Provide training on SGI H/W, LAN, and WAN; System Administration of AIX, Solaris, Redhat Linux, HP-UX OSs, VMWare
Deployment/Consulting: LAN, WAN, Firewall, Data Warehouse, Oracle, Oracle DBA, Oracle Tuning, Capacity Planning, Disaster Planning, Informix Tuning, FiberChannel and RAID Storage subsystems, WebServer Tuning, SGI Origin 2000 System Performance Evaluation and Tuning, Streaming VOD, AOD, e-Learning over Intranet and Internet (ATM, FDDI, GI’s DSL Modem, Ethernet) and with FiberChannel and RAID storage, WebServers, and SGI 8-32 CPUs Origin2000, High Availability (HA) - System + Oracle + Appl., HA Appl. Programming, NLBS, SNMP, HP OpenView, DataCenter, SMI-S, McData’s SAN Switch Fabric Manager (EFCM), Settop Box.
System Integrate and Create, Test and Release a Multi-Media Product: VOD and AOD Products integrating SGI Servers, Ethernet, ATM (OC3c, DS3, DS1), ForeSystems’ ATM Switch (OC3, DS3, DS1), RF (QAM, QPSK), Oracle 7.3, Settop Boxes, SGI IRIX, SGI Multimedia S/W, MPEG-II Assets (Video and Audio), Data Warehouse.
Web Related Skill: Web page, HTML/HTML5 and FORM, CSS, XML, JSON, NetScape and Apache WebServer/Tomcat
Network Interface Card Block Design: ATM OC-3/OC-3c/OC-12/OC-12c (PCI Interface)
CRM (Bug-Tracker): Salesforce, Bugzilla, Confidential eTrack, Confidential ITSM (Incident/Problem).
Word Processing: MS-WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project.
Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud GCP, Confidential Cloud ITSM (Hybrid)
Technical Support Engineer
- Did interfacing with customers, troubleshooting, reproducing, and solving use-issues, including Apache Webserver & MySQL-related issues in ITSM Confidential Cloud infrastructure, SQL & Optimize SQL queries;
- Troubleshoot performance issues for Cloud Platform/Linux, ITIL, ITSM (incidents, service catalog, workflow, cmdb, cloud management - AWS, AZURE), MySQL, computer networks, Web Servers, cloud performance, Splunk bigdata & discovery of customers’ computer systems & applications within customer’s intranet/firewall
- Manage & clean up duplicate entries of CIs in MySQL “cmdb” database in SNC Cloud (Hybrid). I administered my SNC Instance.
Level 3 Staff Technical Support Engineer
- Did second level technical support (lead customer interface, troubleshoot, replicate, and escalate to Engineering) on SAN, VxVM, VxFS, VCS (clustering), DataInsight, Oracle RAC, disaster recovery VVR, Cisco-MDS Switch, Network Attached Storage (NAS), CIFS, NFS, SAN, LDAP, UNIX and active directory authentication.
- Manage, monitor, and report SAN devices such as SAN Switches (Brocade, McDATA) and Storage Arrays (EMC, Hitachi, IBM Shark, IBM Fast-T, NetApp Filer, etc.), Solaris, AIX, RHEL, SuSE, and HP-UX Systems Crash/Core and Application Core analysis.
- Troubleshoot and work with customers, engineering, and field account teams.
- Develop and train engineers on Solaris System Administration, HP-UX System Administration, AIX System Administration, and LINUX System Administration.
- Replicate customers’ issues and develop expertise in Confidential NetBackUp (NBU) Appliance.
- Deliver using waterfall and agile development methodologies; wrote Knowledge Article
Level 3 Technical Support Engineer
- Did second level (Escalation) support and trouble-shooting on Confidential NAS Gateway / Filer Appliance (SAN, CIFS, NAS, virtual storage, volume manager, SCSI, file system, Snapshot, mirror, Quota, ethernet network, fiber channel, NDMP Backup).
- Responsible for Confidential NAS Gateway installation, configuration, and system administration.
Senior technical staff
- Led global hiring, building and managing software development team (ATM firmware and driver) for Confidential -based NetDetector appliance.
- Directed test teams in: methodology, plans, cases, programs, automation, system integration, system performance and Load Stability.
- Responsible for CVS Tree, Bugzilla bug tracking and management System for Confidential ’s cyber security product.
- Define S/W release process and document control process (CCB, ECR, ECO, DA). Review network performance monitoring C++ code, and create architecture document.
- Direct and program C++ code in Network Perf Monitoring Code, and document methodology.
- Build, direct and run a manufacturing team to complete manufacturing including testing and quality control.
- Create and present an “In-House and Contract Manufacturing Process and Mfg Organization”.
- Assist in ATM/SONET OC-3c/12c board design and component selection guiding manufacturing, support, testability and routing issues.
Co-Founder, Member of Board of Directors; Director of ENGINEERING and Acting Director of Data Center Operations
- Did presenting business plan and demonstrating Proto-type/Product (Voice-based Internet Access Appliance) to investors and venture capitalists.
- Hiring, building and managing an Internet Applications Development Team and a Test Team.
- Designing, developing and writing HTTP-level and Core Web HTML/VXML/XML/WML Spider/Browser Programs and Internet-based applications via voice (Search, AOL and HOTMAIL Emails, Directions, Weather, Car Buy, Restaurant, StockQuote) in MFC/C++. Integrate with Text-to-Speech (TTS) Engine and SpeechWorks Speech Recognition S/W on NT systems.
- Test and release the applications.
- Forecast, plan, design, build and manage: data center/NOC, Audio ISP Web hosting Operations with LAN/WAN (Digital and Telephony/SS7) Internet and Intranet, 24/7 support, configuration management, facilities and disaster planning.
- Manage contractors, Telcos (for Audio ISP), and co-location vendors (EXODUS, LEVEL-3, etc.).
- Deploy product, provide pre-sales and post-sales support of customers.
- Design, develop, and test Web-UI for customers’ registration and for customers’ support.