- Hands on lab technician with proven experience in all fields of hardware, Networking & Software Installation, troubleshooting and configuration proved himself to be a very dedicated & Fruitful employee and have experience working with fortune 50 Clients.
- Successfully Racked and Installed servers and Data Center hardware, run cables and cross connects, perform ticket management, and documentation updates, Hands on experience in Racking and stacking and Decoms over 600 servers weekly.
- Hands on experience in developing floor Diagrams and Cab and rack inventory sheets and Plan Projects using Visio and, MS office Word, Excel also managed the physical layout of server installations, cabling and Cab placement using Visio and Excel spreadsheet
- Possess expertise in break fix servers on all types of issues flapping network ports, remote access, patch connectivity, link down, bad module etc.
- Expert in managing the physical servers, cables and racks of the data center and complete the hardware and OS installation component of server install requests before passing them on to a System Administrator.
- Installations of various equipment including configuring, cabling, labeling dressing, RDIF tagging new systems, COF Inventory cabling used and returned.
- Diagnosed network hardware, software, internet connectivity, configuration of LAN and wireless networks including DHCP and POP3 settings also with various networking hardware such as patch panels multiplexers, routers, load balancers and switches and Configure networking equipment such as routers, switches, and hubs.
- Hands on experience in Setting up Windows and /ESXi servers with OS installs, FW updates and flashing BIOS, configured system RAID 1, 5 and 6 using controllers H300, H700p, H710, H810, and H800.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and ServiceNow ticketing solution performed Day to day task JIRA ticketing system and prioritized Ticket request according to severity of the request.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, training expertise, technical skills, leadership traits and experience in a challenging and complex environment.
- Dwight is local to San Leandro, CA. Available for Phone/Onsite Interview.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
IT Service Desk Materials & Structural Analysis
- Levels 1 and 2 technical support for 150+ users
- Ensured quick resolution of user concerns and escalated more complicated issues
- Installed various Windows and Linux OS distributions
- Performed software upgrade, data migration for server software.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
Computer Systems Engineer
- Configured PDU/UPS of all types like Raritan and APC
- Ran patch cables to switch for monitoring power
- Installed various Windows and Linux OS distributions
- As a Junior Computing Facilities Engineer, assist in managing and monitoring the IT Division data centers.
- Worked with senior engineers and technicians on small projects or parts of larger projects.
- This position demands me to have understanding of IT servers, storage systems, and networks; data center practices and operations; and general power and cooling concepts
- Lastly, ongoing self - education and critical thinking, troubleshooting, and communications skills
Confidential, Newark, CA
Data Center Technician
- Made many attempts to be a part of an Icon of Technology in a variety of areas like; cell phone, laptops, servers accessories and many more.
- Appreciative and excited to work for such a prestige's place. Break fix servers on all types of issues: flapping network ports, remote access, patch connectivity, link down, bad module etc.
- Racking and stacking and Decoms over 600 servers weekly
- Decom older generations system
- Installations a various equipment including configuring, cabling, labeling dressing
- RDIF tagging new systems
- COF Inventory cabling used and returned
- POD Installs
- Weekly reports
- Projects (Po and P1) coworkers working together to get migration completed on an unprecedented time in a great team environment.
- Tools used: Nylte Portal, Espresso, Central station, IMessage, remote desktop and COF)
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Systems Analyst/Server Support Analyst
- Setup Window and /ESXi servers with OS installs, FW updates and flashing BIOS
- Configured system RAID 1, 5 and 6 using controllers H300, H700p, H710, H810, and H800
- Being a part of 2 teams, Ocarina and SIMS, got the opportunity to exhibit my multi-tasking abilities on 2 different platforms, Hardware/Ocarina team and Software/SIMS team in a Windows/Linux environment. Day to day task JIRA ticketing system;
- Replacement part counts, troubleshooting Confidential servers.
- Creating maintaining troubleshooting vm's using vSphere client.
- Setting up ESXi host machines out of the box.
- Setting up Window servers.
- Configuring RAID 1,5 and 6 using controllers H300, H700p, H710, H810, and H800 etc.
- Help networking team uplink top of the rack switches to Core.
- Racking, Stacking and cabling iscsi, FC, mini sas, sas and cat6.
- Creating and maintaining a functional Lab inventory spreadsheet to identify the row, rack, unit, owner, model etc.
- Work on my JIRA tickets
- Created instructional documents in Confluence.
- Post and maintain data for team in Confluence.
- Reset passwords to access Confluence and Jira web pages.
- Creating accounts for groups and individual accounts.
- Enabling and updating accounts.
- Using VPN and Active Directory.
- NVRAM WAM cards WAM1, WAM2 and WAM3
- Identifying, diagnosis for Confidential servers
- Configuring, deployment, and maintenance
- Manage systems through VMware
- Systems familiar with:
- R730, R720xd, R610, R620, R510, R310, R320, DR4100, DR4300, D6000, DR6300
- Enclosures: PERC cards
- MD1200, MD1400,3620,3660
- OS: Esxi, Centos5.7, Centos6, Centos7, RedHat, Esxi5, Esxi6, Wind2008, Wind20012r2
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
ESSN/TS Electrical R&D Technician
- System level testing, Servicemag failed PD, patch cabling; FC, Cat6, DS3, Hydras and Lantronix
- Debugging hardware failures on a variety of array systems; Isolating and root causing failures
- Ecstatic to be in an exclusive division in Palo Alto, Confidential 's Storage ESSN/TS.
- Our engineering labs are Unix base environment. Performed vast array of lab support for numerous engineers that remote into the engineering lab all around the globe from Belfast, Ireland, and Bangalore, India.
- In addition, to working in a Unix environment, I provide support for test environments in Confidential 's SWD, in regards to network troubleshooting, hardware and software issues on both the host connections and the 3par legacy In SERV systems (e.g. EOS, Titan, Tinman and Ironman).
- This required me to be certified in V-class, T-class and S-class systems. In SERV maintenance involves: TPD installs, replacing failed hard drives and troubleshooting nodes, power supplies, memory, virtual volumes, ld's and luns.
- Lastly, my duties also include leading in inspection of all In SERV’s that are received and maintaining our storage in Palo Alto division which includes keeping accurate Inventory records
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Support QA engineers in lab services (ticket queue)
- Racking and Stacking DDR, Storage units and Load systems
- Perform installations, preventive and remedial maintenance of servers, software, network, storage and SAN equipment located in LAB computing environment.
- Adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures.
- Answer technical questions about data center hardware and software. Interface with server and storage vendors to establish successful integration of equipment into associated systems, including technical assistance.
- Worked on multiple projects independently. self driven. Performs other duties.
- Responsible for assisting in the design of the computing infrastructure within the lab computing environment.
- Responsible for deployment of new servers and storage arrays in a UNIX environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the technical environment for problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures.
- Identify system performance issues and develop tools for better system management.
- Ensure that all services are consistently available to all end users. Provide technical assistance and consulting to the users if necessary.
- Create and maintain storage allocation. Complete proactive and preventative system upgrades. Maintain accurate hardware inventory records
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Lab Tech/Test Engineer
- Supported engineering on new product bring-up and development which includes the setup, test, and troubleshooting of prototype systems
- Configured system hardware such as memory, disk drives, and daughter cards
- Support engineering on new product bring-up and development which includes the setup, test, and troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Responsible for configuring system hardware such as memory, disk drives, and daughter cards as well as installing network switches, terminal servers, and remote power strips for rack level testing.
- Coordinated the implementation of test methods and procedures, document results and recommend changes.
- Debugging, Implement Network Maps, Network Trouble-Shooting Tools.
Confidential, Los Gatos, CA
Senior Data Center Admin/liaison
- Managed the physical layout of server installations, cabling and Cab placement using Visio and Excel spreadsheet
- Prioritized Ticket request according to severity of the request.
- Manage the physical servers, cables and racks of the data center and complete the hardware and OS installation component of server install requests before passing them on to a System Administrator.
- The chance to work with a broad range of network technologies, NAS/SAN storage technologies, clustering and administration of enterprise-level hardware.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Monitored, managed, resolved and reported all Data Center issues while on duty
- Controlled over monitoring, managing, resolving and reporting all Data Center issues while on duty.
- Successfully racked and installed servers and Data Center hardware, run cables and cross connects, perform ticket management, and documentation updates.
- Terminating cat 5 and cat 6 and patch, and fiber. Knowledge of Fluke equipment (or similar) to test cables and cross connects.
- Developed floor Diagrams and Cab and rack inventory sheets and Plan Projects using Visio and, MS office Word, Excel.
- Maintained port Configuration for network Equipment using KVM, Console
- Do power provisioning for PDU’s and Environmental monitoring concepts.
- Installing servers & Data Center hardware in Data Center cabinets.
- Coordinate installation schedules with peer IS admin teams.
- Install cable runs to servers and associated Data Center hardware.
- Install Base OS on new servers as part of the induction process.
- Troubleshoot Server HW related failures.
- IP configurations
Confidential, San Jose, CA
IBX Network Technician
- Duties consisted of; New Migration to dwdm Projects, Tape changes, Data Center
- Infrastructure, Customer service, Shipping and Receiving, writing Incident Reports, running cat5, pots, ds3, and fiber
- Worked with various networking hardware such as patch panels multiplexers, routers, load balancers and switches.
- We maintain as a team of Techs, over 200 network platforms in a Data Center environment.
- Duties consisted of; New Migration to dwdm Projects, Tape changes, Data Center Infrastructure, Customer service, Shipping and Receiving, Writing Incident Reports, Running cat5, pots, ds3, and fiber (puck and polish, certification, fusing) Training: Fire extinguisher classes and Safety Training semi- annually.
- Worked with various networking hardware such as multiplexers, routers, and switches.
- Also, I worked with common network protocols such as TCP/IP. Allot of my work was fault isolating and troubleshooting networks including LAN and WAN.
- Configuring networking equipment such as routers, switches, and hubs.
- Also did data communication issues, including security, resource management, capacity planning, monitoring, and performance