Attention to detail and timeliness in managing accounting functions for diverse industry employers. Bookkeeping career spans over 29 years of experience. I have established solid credentials and proficiencies in accounting practices and software. My flexible and versatile work ethics are a key to success and has been able to maintain professionalism under pressure. Works independently and with little to no supervision and also works well in a team based environment.
- A/P & A/R Processes & Management * Implementing Paper Free Environment
- Full Circle Accounting & Bookkeeping * Human Resource Management
- Billing, Expense & Job Costing * Journal Entries & General Ledger Reconciliation
- Credit and Collections * Team Building & Staff Supervision
- Vendor & Customer Management * Profit & Loss, Spreadsheets & Accounting Reports
- Purchase Order & Inventory Management * Payroll Processing and Implementation
- Property Taxes * Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Returns
- Sales and Use Tax Filing & Reporting * Personal & Business State & Federal Returns
- Cash Management * Computer Hardware & Software Literate
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Quikey Software and Hardware - Promotional Product Marketing Based, ProfitMakerSmart Sheet, Bill.com, Intacct, Adobe Illustrator, Peachtree/Sage, QuickBooks Point of SaleQuickBooks Pro 2016, QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, Quiken, Visual, Laserfiche, etc.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
Accounts Payable Manager
- Full cycle processing of accounts payable invoices.
- Working with purchasing manager and inventory manager to insure inventory and proper purchase orders and credit card purchases are applied with in the corporation accurately.
- Provided vendor assistance on a daily basis.
- Performing client billing on a daily basis.
- Working with Divisional Controller to provide the best operational functions and accounting functions available.
- Properly recording paperless documents for historical backup onto appropriate Laser Fiche software.
- Reconciliation of P - card purchases, check payments and ACH payments.
- Implement and coordinate ACH transactions and procedures, to provide the best cost effective and maximum efficiencies for vendor payments.
- Tracking and cataloging temporary employee hours and forwarding to appropriate vendor.
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
Accounting Manager / Full Charge Bookkeeper
- Working independently in the accounting department. Full circle accounting responsibilities including, accounts receivable, payables, reconciliations, journal entries, end of month and year closings and preparation of reports for the business accountant.
- Working directly with the CEO/Owner to meet weekly and provide the best operational functions and accounting functions available.
- Provided customer service and vendor assistance on a daily basis. Also performing billing and credit, collections on a daily basis.
- Placing orders for store inventory and updating the inventory software accordingly.
- Updating software and procedures to become a more efficient and organized organization.
- Providing a transfer of responsibilities from accountant to myself to save money on professional service expenses. Such as payroll processing, sales & use tax reporting and filing, etc.
Confidential, Naugatuck, CT
Bookkeeper & Auctioneer
- Provided bookkeeping services for personal clients.
- EBay store owner and auctioneer, selling for clients and myself.
Confidential, Orange, CT
Full Charge Bookkeeper
- Managed operations of 4-employee department. Administered human resource matters and payroll.
- Worked independently in the accounting department. Full circle accounting responsibilities including, accounts receivable, payables, reconciliations, journal entries, end of month and year closings and preparation of reports for the business accountant.
- Worked directly with the CEO/Owner to meet weekly and provide the best operational functions and accounting functions available.
- Provided customer service and vendor assistance on a daily basis. Also performed all of the billing and the credit and collections on a daily basis.
Confidential, Waterbury, CT
Manager of Check Processing Services
- Directed and supervised the 2nd shift staff of about 15 employees.
- Prepared, reconciled and maintained the timely processing of the financial institutions outgoing cash letter funds. Processed millions of dollars and checks and worked with the upper management to provide reports to assure maximum usage of these funds and transactions.
- Performed staff development and provided workflow coordination to accomplish an effective and timely delivery of all completed documents and reports.
- Maintained and operated the $200,000 S4000 hardware check reader and hardware. Troubleshot the hardware when machine was down and utilized the repair technicians when needed.
Confidential, Ansonia, CT
Senior Items Processing Supervisor
- Responsible for preparation of system operations concerning all clearing and transit items through the Federal Reserve.
- Supervision of the Proof of Deposit operations and maintained the RE/Lundy check sorter and related hardware and software.
- Reconciliation and timely processing of the incoming funds and transactions that were forwarded to the Federal Reserve.
- Organized the customer statements, overdraft items, of deposits, wire transfers, of deposits, bulk filing, ordered supplies & stock. Also researched customer inquires through fiche and historical documents and software.