- International Financial Expertise Strategic Planning Business Requirements Solution Focused
- Accomplished and integrity - driven Financial Professional with over ten years of experience and success in International business industry.
- Experience in Japan, French, American, Turkish and German companies .
- Recognized as a leader with strengths in reengineering businesses processes, managing financial processes, defining continuous improvement processes, building consensus, and providing solutions for integral parts of administration.
- Verifiable track record of managing complex projects while always exceeding expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly adept at facilitating discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Financial/Data Analysis
- Costing and Logistics
- Interpersonal Skills
- Complex Problem Resolver
- Budget Planning/Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Development
- Multi-Task/Prioritize Effectively
- Purchase Orders
- Regulatory Compliance Management
- P&L Management
- Team Building, & Leadership
Utilities: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel Expert vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, sumif, sumifs, countif, countifs, counta, index, match, if clauses, sumproduct, average, max, len, mid, rank, concatenate, indirect, etc and combination of excel formulas) Macro programming in Excel in VBA ( Visual Basic ), Word, Power Point)
Other: SAP, Oracle, Cognos (expert), MAS200, Lotus Notes, Business Objects, Confidential, QuickBooks, Fish Bowl, Supply Vision
Confidential, Fort Mill, SC
- Provide accurate and rapid response to dealer and distributor pricing inquiries
- Research and resolve pricing errors on exception reports
- Utilize the pricing tool to set prices.
- Effectively segment parts for accurate price-setting
- Work with Strategic Pricing to ensure accurate execution of part pricing strategy
- Develop, communicate and monitor departmental KPIs to ensure customer service level commitments are maintained
- Work with external departments and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate part and cost updates to support daily pricing activities
- Ensure controls are in place in the setting of aftermarket pricing
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Operations / Cost Financial Analyst
- Working with eight plant managers as well as sales and marketing teams; develop and prepare analyses and dashboards for sales, marketing and operations teams
- Prepare weekly & monthly; cost, inventory, shipment, sales and KPI reports using Cognos, Excel, SV, TM1
- Develop reports which summarize and forecast commercial activities and financial position in areas of revenue and profitability
- Manage preparation and analyses of sales and marketing budget & forecast
- Explain variations and identify areas of risk and opportunity. Provide recommendations to improve margin.
- Develeop special reports for assessment and measuring of productivity and cost improvement activities
- Create new report for freight. Cost reduction activities for freight cost
- Reporting system change. Implemented cost and sales reports to the new system
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Plant Financial Analyst
- Deliver monthly financial results to supply chain management and division finance. Ensuring consistency and transparency in financial reporting for multiple facilities
- Analyze and explain the reasons for movement in manufacturing costs including month and year to date comparisons to budget and prior year.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis and interpretation to ensure accurate and actionable plant business decisions
- Evaluate business controls applied to the sites impacting manufacturing and inventory
- Ensure that budget & forecast processes are completed within the business timetable.
- Provide facility finance support including reviewing and delivering monthly financial results, identification of areas needing corrective action, tracking of committed cost savings, supporting corporate and regional projects
- Track plant assets; participate in reviewing asset inventory and utilization
- Month End Closing and accruals for outside direct labor, utulities and miscellenaous expenses
- Perform cost reports on SAP
Confidential, Fort Mill, SC
Owner/Partner, Finance & Accounting
- Set up inventory system
- Set up purchasing system. Purchases are made automatically with the best price in the market
- Cost calculation of items on the menu. Direct-indirect materials, direct-indirect labor, fixed costs
- Profit calculation. Marginal and net profit calculation for items on the menu.
- Cost and investment budget and forecast
Financial Affairs, Cost Manager
- Gaining valuable experience working in the Logistics Industry.
- Cost Accounting Department for the first time in Logistics.
- Construct and monitor cost effective data accumulation system providing an appropriate level of costing information. ( Costing system which is known as ABC-Activity Base Costing )
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales and cost accounts
- Cost calculation for destinations, routes, customers, trade lanes, regions and countries
- Review and analyze margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting system
- Construct data accumulation system for a cost accounting system
- Prepare, analyze and report monthly and quarterly gross margin analysis by product, customer, trade lane and region
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Target costing projects, margin analysis and tracking cost back to underlying activities
- Implementation of HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) to Confidential Logistics. Working with IT about a year.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Trained Purchasing Department for purchase order entries on QuickBooks System.
- Automated purchasing reports to track any non-compliance with project needs and support stock calculation.
- Set up cost of production and cost of sales reporting system.
- Established reporting system and reports for cost; changed reporting structure as needed.
- Started implementing Fish Bowl system.
- Maintained and tracked training cost for Fish Bowl and Purchasing Department budget.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL/Charlotte, NC
- Created accounting entries for cost of production and cost of sales.
- Automated large tasks by using the JDE World Writer, Microsoft Access Database, and the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Review reconcilliations for the monthly financial close process
- Analyzed work order variances and reported discrepancies to management.
- Reconciled special accounts, such as Work-in-Process and Material-in-Transit.
- Analyzed differences between standard and actual cost.
- Updated raw material prices and material usage, reflecting these numbers on rolling estimate.
- Created and prepared various accounting reports and ad hoc reports for other departments.
- Compared item ledger to general ledger on daily basis and make necessary entry corrections.
- Prepared management package report, generated from Excel macro, after month end closing.
- Prepared monthly P&L report including each customer’s profitability for product categories and brands, and monthly expense reports from Confidential .
- Set up the reporting structure on Cognos, running and preparing GP report for customer’s products and 400 models.
- In-depth knowledge of the differences between budget- Actual and BQ (quarterly forecast) - actual in detail to the top management.
- Completed budget and forecast calculation for specific product categories, and produced special graphical reports with trends for the company, categories and specific customers.
- Continuously improved on profit and loss management including freight costs and other deliverables.
- Gave valuable advice to the operation departments, increasing their efficiencies for each product and category.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Financial Analyst
- Prepare Monthly Financia Reporting package
- Prepared monthly report, which includes profit and loss management, KPI’s, account details, and accounts receivable for business units of the company
- Prepared and maintained project reports and reconciliations, reports for unbilled invoices, aging report, unbilled-unearned revenue, and unapproved times-expenses reports.
- Defined past due invoices and contacted clients for payments. Outsourced aging invoices.
- Data entry to Oracle and running reports; compared the results with current project data.