- Industrial Engineer/ Mechanical Engineer with 3 years in the Automotive Manufacturing.
- Strong Operations background with MS focused on Industrial Engineering from University of Michigan.
- Trained in Labor/Capacity planning, Process engineering and, lean thinking.
- Data - driven and Personal commitment to Efficiency and Improvement.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and deployed several DMAIC projects to eliminate non-value-added activities.
SKILLS & TOOLS:
Lean methods: 8D, Value Steam Mapping, DMAIC, Line balancing, 5S, FMEA
Work Assessment: Time study, MODAPTS, MOST, META
Capacity Assessment: Process flow sheets, DOT Maps
Ergonomics Tools: RULA, REBA
Simulation Tools: Jack Ergo Simulator 8.2, Team Center 9 - VIS Mockup
Statistical analysis: Minitab14, Advanced Excel functions
Design/ CAD Tools: AutoCAD, Pro-E-WF
Quality Assurance: GD&T, PPAP, QPCR, CAPA, QFD
ERP Tools: SAP GUI-750, E2 MRP
Documentation: MS office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
Standards: SAE, OSHA.
Confidential, Sharonville, Ohio
- Managed IE metrics (Flow sheets, DOT maps, JPH, HPU, capacity and cost studies).
- Developed Capacity strategy for the future powertrain products while balancing current production.
- Deployed productivity projects across machining, assembly and robotic automation.
- Performed Time Studies and work assessment using MODAPTS, META and, internal tools.
- Supported Process Audits, Resource allocation, Program Volume and Operational patterns.
- Supported launch- Workstation readiness, Overall Assessments to improve machine uptime and line speed.
- Performed Workstation Ergonomic Assessments across machining, material handling and assembly lines.
- Trained in Confidential tools- MOST, GD&T, GSPAS, FIS, Team Center VIS Mockup
- Knowledgeable in Confidential IE documentation (Labor Glide path, Program 1-Pager, OIS/JSA, GSPAS)
- Worked with UAW Local 863 on workload analysis, labor planning and allocation.
- Mapped valve-body flow lines in Value stream mapping, identified and eliminated bottlenecks using line-balancing applications. Eliminated overtime and off standard headcounts accounting to $350000 savings.
- AutoCAD support on engineering office, front lobby redesign efforts.
- Identified area for improvement and initiated six-sigma DMAIC improvement project.
- Advised the Area Manager on projects to achieve year on year cost saving target.
- Confidential Company Recognition for budget saving in second quarter of 2019.
Confidential, Wyandotte, Michigan
Production Support Engineer
- Supported manufacturing Blueprints, machine and tooling setup layouts in AutoCAD-13, Bill of Material’s (BOM), and work instructions by acting as integration between Engineering and Production.
- Designed support attachment components like O-ring coolant plugs in AutoCAD.
- Manage production deliverables and pull reports for daily briefing and audits.
- Mapped the process flow in Microsoft Visio tool.
- Performed Time studies, process audits as per prevailing labor standards (direct & indirect), and mapped the flow in Value Steam Mapping, identified bottlenecks and areas of improvement.
- Performed work assessment MODAPTS and closely worked with supervisors on new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) preparation and capacity planning.
- Performed Data analysis on machine up time, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and, perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on breakdowns, scraps and, to aid management in decision-making.
- Support Quality Engineering with PPAP documentation (Manufacturing drawings, Process flows, Confidential ’s, SPC reports and Control Plans)
- Lead the Plant Lean team reporting directly to the Vice President and, spearheaded 5S implementation in aluminum machining workstation. Redesigned the area layout for 5S compliance and balanced line speed.
- Developed efficient material handling routes, line side and packaging storage area in AutoCAD and automated logistics scheduling in Excel sheets.
- Designed a centralized coolant-chip removal system for a 9-machine station and, performed cost studies on implementation and potential savings.
Industrial Engineer- Lean Manufacturing
- Drove Continuous improvement projects using lean techniques and Monitor KPI’s (part of C.I).
- Perform time studies and work assessment MOST (Maynard Operation & Sequential Analysis) techniques.
- Developed new operating procedures, recommended changes, implemented Poka-Yoke improvement systems.
- Supported RCA (Root cause Analysis), 5-Whys, 8D problem solving, robust control plans in Minitab.
- Supported Launch APQP (Process flow, Confidential, GD&T, PPAP and, phase review documentation) and TS16949 documentations.
- Supported Quality Engineering on Process Capability studies and gage R&R Minitab reports.
- Handled advanced Excel functions, data analysis (V-lookups, Pivot tables, solver), Word, PowerPoint for technical documentation including flow charts, score cards, SOP’s and GAP analysis.
- Supervised production flow and monitored operational requirements.
- Managed inventory data, updated BOMs, key dates for internal engineering change process (ECP) in ERP.
- Conducted Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) s, safety protocols and emergency drills.
- Support issues such as process defects through Quality Problem Countermeasure Report (QPCR) - involving interim containment, 5 why analysis, 8D and CAPA
- Part of Customer complaint control team, management review meeting team and company lean committee.