- Extensive knowledge of coaxial and fiber optic cable plant operations.
- Experience in Unified, CSG, RIO, STORM, JDSU, PathTrak, NYROC, Bentley, OIC, I&R, Waveview, KITTY, PUTTY, Secure CRT and multiple online monitoring tools.
- Able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair HSD, Digital and Analog Video, VOD, digital Phone Services and different wavelength fiber optic circuits.
- Experience in channel insertion, fiber optic data circuit and Managed Wi - Fi services for residential MDU accounts.
- Ability to interpret drop system layouts, blueprints, safety guidelines, maintenance and procedure manuals along with fiber optic designs to a specific wavelength.
- Customer service and communication expertise.
- All cable Operations experience such as related hand tools, power drills, multi-meter, digital signal level meter, TDR, telephone tools, 28’ ladder, and Bucket truck certified, light meter and OTDR experience.
Advanced Service Technician/ Field Technician
- Manage and coordinate new digital coaxial cable projects for different types of commercial customers including: Hotels, Motels, hospitals and banks.
- Service all finished projects and installs by repairing faults made by our contracting crews or having to educate Spectrum’s customer on a particular topic.
- Configure and install CISCO routers for Managed Routed Services.
- Configure, install and service Managed Wi-Fi products for resorts and apartment dwellings. Those products include: CISCO switches, Nomadix controllers, cat-6 patch panels, and Rukkus Wireless access points.
- Install and service fiber optic circuits for Direct Internet Access, ELAN, ELINE, PRI and Hosted Voice services.
- Emergency situations fiber optic circuit repairs while working on stand-by for a 24hr-7day period, including addressing configuration issues, hardware replacements, and splicing of cat5 and fiber optic cabling.
- Conducts web based monitoring on a daily basis for downed circuits in order to troubleshoot and identify the fault.
- Works hand in hand with different departments to ensure all services and up to par and establish a pleasant experience for the end customer.
Plant Maintenance Technician
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on different cable systems such as feeder/distribution and trunk, in order to maintain system performance standards.
- Performs the duties of a Field Technician when required.
- Able to correct faults in the prior addressed systems by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive and/or active components as required to maintain appropriate standards as established by Time Warner Cable.
- Field strength meter, optical test equipment, QAM analyzer, hand tools and splicing tools to repair and/or make appropriate adjustments to the cable system.
- Emergency situations repairs while working on stand-by for a one-week period.
- Tests, troubleshoots and repairs two-way cable plant using a Signal Level Meter, two-way diagnostic test equipment or related items, laptop computers, spectrum/QAM analyzer and other specialized test equipment.
- Dispatch/Technical Support Center (TSC)/ Confidential, Headend Technicians, Digital Services Technicians, and subscribers contact to identify and ensure that all services have been restored.
- System balance, assists with system sweep operations, and conducts power supply maintenance on a regular basis.
- Conducts Path Track and Unified tools monitoring on a daily basis to prevent plant outages and improve system reliability.
- Many new project experience such as new neighborhood builds, node splits, node swaps and HUB work.
- Monitors, detects and repairs issues with cable signal leakage by executing defined procedures using a leakage detection meter/receiver.
- New connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Customer drop installations complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
- Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
- Climbs poles with proper safety equipment on ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 70 lbs.; uses bucket truck when required. Works within confined spaces.