To procure a position in Network/Information Security or System Administration that makes use of my Computer Science degree.
Languages: Java, Python, Cisco, Powershell, Postgresql
Software Tools : Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 , Altiris/Symantec Deployment Solution , Active Directory , Subversion, VMWARE/VirtualBox, ServiceNow/SNAP, Citrix
Operating Systems: Linux(CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu), Windows(XP, Vista, 7, Server 2008 R2)
Sr. Support Specialist
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Provided Level 2 and 3 technical support to over 10,000 users in various applications/systems for the Confidential .
- Aided in the project management for the rollout of a system wide EMR system known as EPIC. Phase 1 involving 550 physician practices and phase 2.
- Performed as technical lead for the Service Center during go - live, providing technical support/routing information to over 24 Tier 1 technicians and other support groups, field over 2,000 calls and 2,000 online tickets during both go live phases.
- Resolved 100+ more tickets than the next closest technician in my first and second months of employment and was promoted to Tier 1.5 to perform a combination of Tier 1 and 2 duties.
- Three months later was promoted to an equivalent Tier 2 - Sr. Support Specialist role.
- Assisted application analyst teams and others in diagnosing and creating solutions to issues pertaining to group policy, active directory, EMR software, Ticket Management(ServiceNow), Citrix, among others.
- Routinely the top performer in first call resolutions and customer satisfaction.
- Assisted in the training of new employees by my third month of employment and I routinely provide support to other members on my team by answering questions and providing workarounds.
- Built up a rapport with the other application and IT teams in order to facilitate better flow on changes and general information to and from the Service Center.
End User Support Technician
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Coordinated with a team of techs to support Confidential System’s variety of health systems and workstations including desktops, WOW carts, laptops, Wall Mounts, Surgical Workstations and printers.
- Provided initial diagnostic data for hospital’s medical, cataloging, patient data, and medical software which would then be provided/escalated to the appropriate analyst for the issue at hand.
- Managed logistics of equipment for surrounding Confidential sites, Greenville, Greer, Patewood, Laurens, Oconee, encompassing inventory management, delivery, installation and removal.
- Tracked incidents and tasks utilizing the ticket management system ServiceNow to ensure meeting of contractual Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Built up a rapport with the various End Users including but not limited to Doctors, Nurses, Directors, as well as various sub-departments in the Confidential IT department. This allowed for a more streamlined approach to handling issues and ensuring the customer Confidential was adequately satisfied with the front-line presence I and the other techs presented.
- Trained two new technicians in the workings of the ServiceNow ticket system as well as the day to day activities of our assignment.
- Aided in the deployment of Exchange Server for recently acquired Oconee hospital to begin migration of Oconee assets to Confidential IT standardizations.
- Assisted in the migration of the Oconee Hospital Active Directory domain to the Confidential Active Directory domain.
- Performed troubleshooting client side to determine if the issue at hand was a network/server/desktop issue and resolved as necessary.
- Performed Active Directory user and computer maintenance, including, modifying users, correcting computer OUs, rebuilding profiles.
Confidential, Culpeper, VA
- Worked with customers at various government departmental agencies .
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution required on a daily basis encompassing problems such as hardware failures, migration failures leading to manual migrations/configurations, network failures LAN/WAN, incompatible Windows 7 software, in addition to other various issues.
- Trained a new Technician in all necessary procedures and possible troubleshooting avenues within my first two months of employment.
Part-time System Administrator
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Implemented software product registry as a back-end SQL database for company web site.
- Created and maintained HTML/PHP web pages for company web site.
- Performed system administration maintenance on workstations/servers and software upgrades.
Network Infrastructure Technician
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Supported development of Data and VOIP networks for commercial businesses and including creation of network design/topologies and implementation.
- Project lead for a team of four for several contracts in which we designed and supervised the installation of a high security skiff network for a government contractor.