- More than five years’ experience with Linux and Windows application support, system administration, databases and log file analysis.
- More than five years’ DevOps experience increasing efficiency, reliability and availability of technology platforms.
- Experienced with CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure design using AWS, Azure Devops, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes.
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Application Support Engineer
- Deploy applications using TeamCity and Octopus Deploy, improving deployment speed by 25% to date.
- Troubleshoot and support Linux and Windows applications.
- Perform application and log file analysis.
- Deploy, manage and support Linux and Windows servers.
- Develop, modify and execute SQL database queries to import and extract data into and out of Fixed Income and other trading applications.
- Migrate over 30 manual infrastructure configuration management processes to Python and PowerShell workflows.
- Leading initiative to reduce on - premises footprint by 30% via virtualization of infrastructure and consolidation of applications.
- Improved application monitoring efficiency by 15% using ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana and Nagios.
- Developed Python and PowerShell scripts that increased team’s use of automation by 40%.
- Implemented Puppet configuration management environment to automate deployment of infrastructure, improving consistency across development environments.
- Primary team contributor to Perforce code repository.
- Partnering with developers to optimize use of internal C++ based messaging framework.
- Managing Linux and Windows Users and Groups with Active Directory and Samba.
Confidential, Cranbury, NJ
- Developed automated CI/CD pipelines using AWS, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet and Visual Studio, increasing deployment speed by 25%.
- Deployed, managed and supported Linux and Windows servers.
- Developed, modified and executed SQL database queries to import and extract data into and out of applications.
- Performed application and log file analysis.
- Troubleshot, deployed and supported IIS/C#/.NET applications.
- Contributed to Puppet configuration management by writing code to automate deployment of infrastructure, improving consistency across development environments.
- Provided application and troubleshooting and monitoring, using Dynatrace, Nagios, Solarwinds and AWS Cloudwatch.
- Contributed to migration of on-premises infrastructure and applications to AWS, increasing availability by 30%
- Wrote Linux Shell and PowerShell scripts for infrastructure management.
- Managed Linux and Windows Users and Groups with Active Directory and Samba.