- Office 365 Analyst/Consultant with over 25 years of knowledge in the area of Information Technology.
- The last several years doing migrations to Office 365 where in the end, I helped to resolve migration, co - existence or application issues on the legacy system.
- I searched for a O365 role, over a year ago I took a position with-in the Confidential FastTrack Center (FTC) as an M365 Field Engineer (FE) responsible for assisting customers with migration to Office 365.
- The FE role being responsible to assisting with and resolving technical issues that delay migration.
- Customer’s meeting the minimum licensing requirements are given free assistance.
- FTC migrations to Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Intune, Office 365, Azure AD and Azure Security products included.
- As a Core Engineer my familiarity with most hardware server solutions, VMware, partitioned servers from most manufacturers helps. Also, well versed in overall SMTP mail, firewalls, network protocols, Anti-Virus and Anti-SPAM, Anti-Phishing protection and several Data Loss Prevention products for messaging like EOP, ATP, AIP, OME are a part of my skillset. Working with customers to not only explain products by delivering workshops and often assist in level setting and configuration options decisions. Expertise with improving new or existing installations, configuration, architecture, support and migration to cloud solutions when adoption is critical.
- Able to resolve issues with problem identification and problem solving within applications.
- An experienced application developer that is used to planning/implementing migrations to new platforms located on-prem or a cloud solution.
- I am a demonstrated self-starter who has worked the last 9 years being managed from another region without issue. Attention to detail and solid work ethic with a focus on detail & integrity are my best qualities. I also have proficiency in generating custom technical solutions that address the business needs while including resource limitations.
ADDITIONAL STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
- Defining System Requirements Solid Blend of People
- Coping with Deadline Pressures Project Management
- Implementing New Methodologies Adjusting to shifting priorities
- Hardware/Software Troubleshooting Platform / Hardware recommendations
Operating Systems: OS/400, VMware 5.1, Windows 2016/2012/2008 , Linux, Sun Solaris
Collaboration: Skype for business, Teams, Lync, Jabber, Sametime, WebEx
Messaging /Mobility: Exchange 2010& 2013Office 365, Outlook, Notes R5.x - R9.x, Lotus Traveler, BES, iOS, Androids
Databases: SQL, DB2, Oracle
Desktop Software: Office 365 suite, Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, OneDrive, Visio
Backup Software: Backup Exec, ArcServe, NetBackup
Application Software: Active Directory, Azure AD ConnectCAS ServersPowerShell ProofPoint EPPostini ManagerPower ToolsSAAS, SCCMSQL Admin ClientSymantec EP, CA7Verisign Managed PKIVMware Manager, AWS
Problem Mgmt.: Service NowRemedy
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
FastTrack M365 Field Engineer
- Free assistance provided customer has purchased sufficient MSFT Office 365 licenses.
- Assistance with configuration, implementation, adoption and migration.
- We provided best practices, step by step advice and documentation on MSFT Office 365 main products and several add on products.
- As a CORE Engineer I provided assistance with Azure, Azure AD Connect, Identity, Skype for Business/Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, EM+S and Intune although mostly focused on messaging tools.
- Secondary advice on Exchange Online Protection, ATP, DLP, OME including replacing message hygiene solutions.
- With a messaging background focused on assistance with most Email migrations to Exchange online.
- This position is remote assistance only to help customers with migration/adoption to all licensed productions already purchased.
- This position requires talking with the customer’s technical team and stake holders to assist with the planning, implementation and configuration on how to migrate or assist with implementation/adoption of the MSFT licensed products most urgent to the customer at the time.
- Best practices and step by step instructions, PowerPoint presentations defining the FTC approach as well as best practices provided to the customer once the Q&A sessions were done after the presentation. Provided evaluation/remediation check tools for various products to help reduce potential road blocks or delays.
- Also, assisted in explaining the entire Migration Process/Timeline including the Binary Tree Migration Tool used for Email migrations.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
Subject Matter Expert (Senior Messaging Support Engineer)
- Working as part of a National Messaging Support team, my duties included Level 2/3 support for the legacy Lotus Domino application platform.
- The current messaging system is Office 365 for all users with their old mail (archives) still in Lotus Notes.
- During migration 4 years ago only the last 30 days of mail was moved to Office 365 (MSO365) Exchange 2013.
- Also, several applications still running on Lotus Notes (VMware Servers) needed to be decommissioned or at least resource reduction (reduced CPUs from VMs) as part of the overall reduction of the Lotus Domino cost, several end-of-year initiatives were put in place including reducing the number of licensed Notes user and reducing the overall Domino Server count.
- Over the past few years most physical servers were removed and replaced with VMs, this effort has been slow moving for the EPA.
- Reviewed address books and cleaned up old entries causing errors, also resolved routing issues and provided an RCA for crashes on production Domino Servers.
- For stability several of the VMs were moved to a new ESXi host.
- Also created several processes to identify invalid entries and cleaned up the Domino Directory prior to reducing any additional Lotus Domino entities.
- Currently migrating all old Lotus Notes mail to user’s in MSO365 Exchange 2013 cloud as an archive.
- Using Quest Migration tool matching user (UPN) in Active Directory with unique Notes user and migrating the data. Resolving duplicate entries and old name changes in Active Directory.
- Also migrated Mail-In-Databases as shared mailboxes on MSO365 Exchange 2013 providing access to groups and resolving any migration issues.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Senior Application Support Engineer
- Working as part of a Global Support team, my duties included Level 2 support for the primary application used by Document Control team for projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- The application was written in-house over a 12-year period based primarily on the Lotus Domino application platform not routing to MSO365 Exchange 2013.
- The application is a suite of databases used for every project from the beginning with no archive solution.
- Part of my responsibility included maintain/support the Lotus Notes/Domino infrastructure including server and disk utilization and the applications for all of the Americas Region.
- The duties included operational support of both messaging environments as well.
- Also, Responsible for responding to 2 nd & 3 rd level incidents logged in problem tracking system before, after and during migration to MSO365 Exchange 2013 opened for any Americas region site.
- Using the ARS Tool (ActiveRoles Server) to manage Active Directory objects and correct various entries in Active Directory to resolve errors.
- Recreated all meeting rooms in Active Directory to enable meeting rooms in Office 365 cloud.
- Used the ARS Tool to create the rooms and Power Shell commands to verify existence in MSO365 Exchange 2013 cloud.
- The global team also documented the process/procedures for training Service Desk support as needed on RCA on MSO365 Exchange 2013 user issues.
- The Americas region, first to migrate just mail and the desktop environment to MSO365 Exchange 2013 with Lync (then Skype for business) & SharePoint.
- I had the primary lead for the routing of all the messaging to MSO365 Exchange 2013 including the Notes based applications routing properly to MSO365 Exchange 2013 via Binary Tree migration tool.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Senior Lotus Notes Engineer
- Working as part of a Global Messaging & Collaboration team, my duties included the primary responsibility to maintain/support the Lotus Notes/Domino infrastructure for all the Americas Region.
- These duties included operational support of the messaging environment, administration of the messaging gateway/Anti-Spam (ProofPoint Servers), Virus Protection (Symantec) and the utility (Gateway & Instant Messaging (Sametime) servers.
- Also, Responsible for 2nd & 3rd level incidents logged in the problem tracking system in any region.
- The global team also documents the process/procedures as training for 1st level support to help users as needed.
- The team also worked on project applications supporting the Jive application which was migrated to the new Jabber installation.
- Providing security and content management as well as overall Jive/Jabber support.
- Often chaired the weekly status update via WebEx for priority issues / Change Management global updates.
- We enhance, maintained / monitored the overall health of the environment sometimes migrating servers to VMware.
- Supporting the mobility environment which includes iOS (Apple), Blackberry and Droid devices.
- Also, provided direct support to VIP users as needed. Responsibilities included 24x7 support for other regions (APAC, EAME) during their off hours as needed.
- I also served as Messaging Support Liaison with Global Compliance, HR and Legal departments regarding SOX and other legal discovery and or preservation of mail purposes.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Lotus Notes Consultant
- Lotus Notes server performance review and enhancement to settle server upgrades to Domino R8.5.1 on AIX from Solaris & Windows Domino version R7x.
- The client was implementing an archive solution to Symantec Enterprise Vault and needed assistance with trouble-shooting server issues and performance. Client was having issues with version enhancements (DAOS, Message Recall) as well as performance issues running on new AIX servers to new SAN.
- The replication schedules, server connections, server docs & server configuration docs were all reviewed, documented, and modified to improve all aspects of the messaging domain.
- Best practices for Lotus Notes 8.5.1 on AIX were utilized while Statistics & Reporting, Health Monitor, Activities and DDM were enabled.
- The environment has been reviewed, evaluated and recommendations have been documented in a project database.
Confidential, Charleston, South Carolina
Office Automation Administrator
- Office Automation consist of Messaging (Lotus Notes, MS Exchange), WebSphere Portal, RightFax. As Messaging Notes Admin, responsible for Enterprise Notes environment (4,500 users). Created the project plan to address Domino Server performance issues on the iSeries.
- Problems consisted of server crashes, extremely poor web app performance. Recommend LPAR to isolate JD Edwards on same machine.
- Modified LEI schedule to highlight/ resolve root cause of schedule failures.
- Migrated Sametime & BES Servers to new hardware on new network due to merger which included MS Exchange environments.
- Also responsible for coexistence mail between all Servers & domains.
- Also, configured tools for Notes/Exchange coexistence mail & calendaring.
- Re-configured WebSphere Portal (Intranet) to access new LDAP configuration and improve SSO tokens access.
- Upgraded Domino Blackberry Server and RightFax to use SQL 2008 environment while upgrading to the latest releases.
- Upgraded and moved all Mail/App Servers to a new platform AIX and upgraded to Lotus Notes 8.5.1 to take advantage of new features.
- Implemented DAOS and new routing scheme due to Datacenter migration to another state.