- With history of working as a contractor for the Federal Government, has experience in Windows Administration, Desktop and Helpdesk Support.
- Skilled in the installation and maintenance of a wide range of local and network hardware, software and operating systems.
- Strong attention to details and ability to prioritize schedule.
- Successful in fast - paced environments, team settings, self-directed settings and aptitude to learn.
- Seeking to leverage career, analytical and communication skills with recently developed skills.
- Experience in Cisco Routers/Switches for small business environment.
- Experience Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco Routers (3600, 2811) Cisco Switches (2500, 2800, 2900), Hubs, CSU/DSU, WAN/ LAN, and Port Security.
- McAfee Network Security Manager, Wireshark and Cisco Works.
- Utilizing DNS, NAT, PAT, VPN's and IPSec protocols on appliance. Configured and Administered Routers as Firewalls through ACL's.
- IPv6, OSPF Multi-area, OSPFv3(IPv6), EIGRP, EIGRPv2(IPv6), RIP,
- GRE, IPSEC, VPN, WAN, LAN, PPP, Trunking 802.1q, VLAN, SSH, TCP/IP,
- OSI, Ether-channel, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DTE/DCE, SSL, UDP, ARP, DNS, ICMP.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 device security filtering through ACL, SSH, SSL, VPN, GRE Tunnels.
- Created and managed VLAN, Trunking, STP, RSTP, Ether channel and various protocols.
- Putty, HyperTerminal, Wireshark, Virtual Box and Packet Tracer.
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2012R2 Servers.
- Active Directory, AD Account Creation and Management; Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Ivanti Management Console for creating, testing and deploying software and security patches to network PCs.
- Ability to meet project and personal deadlines.
- Responsible and able to function well in a single or team environment.
RECENT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Senior Information Technology Specialist
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Configured, operated and maintained Windows Print Server.
- Installed, configured and supported network printers (Canon copiers and HP monochrome and color printers).
- Created and managed Windows Active Director (AD) user and computer groups and group policies.
- Employed InfoBox to manage and monitor IP reservation for network devices.
- Monthly workstation performance tuning (hotfixes, vulnerability mitigation by system updates/patches and/or service packs using LANDESK/Ivanti management tool.
- Deploy software and software updates using Ivanti management tool.
- Virus monitoring and prevention using McAfee Endpoint System.
- Backup data using AWS S3 and migrated data using MDT.
- Create, test and deploy images to PCs using SmartDeploy and Microsoft Deployment Tool.
- Manually built and configured special PCs.
- Troubleshoot PCs, Laptops and Printers.
- Troubleshoot COTs and proprietary software.
- Researched and recommended new technology products to management staff.
- Created knowledge base documents for frequent service desk requests and drafted work processes for common undocumented system tasks.
- Mentored junior technicians.
Senior IT Support Specialist
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Active Directory administration (GPOs, and user and group account creation/deactivation).
- Used Microsoft System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) to deploy images to computers, and laptops.
- Imaged MAC Books for the user community as requested.
- Diagnosed and repaired computers, laptops and printers (hardware and software)
- Created knowledge base documents for frequent service desk request and drafted work processes for common undocumented system tasks
- Monthly workstation performance tuning (hotfixes, vulnerability mitigation with system updates/patches and/or service packs)
- Created solution documentation, user guides, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Mentored Jr. Engineers and desktop support professionals.
Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Provided technical support for Confidential Internet, phone and television customers.
- Supported incoming calls using proprietary tracking/troubleshooting software.
- Responded to helpdesk calls and provided step by step solutions for clients.
- Documented and escalated issues to subject matter experts when time sensitive or resolution was not obtained.
Senior Desktop Support Specialist
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Created and deployed PC images.
- Built installed, configured and maintained computers (desktops, workstations and laptops) and printers (hardware/software).
- Conducted periodic maintenance on all company computers (patches, updates, etc.).
- Configured and managed network printers with HP Web JetAdmin tool.
- Resolve technical issues in support of computer hardware and software.
- Employed Remedy then ServiceNow to document all incidents and requests for tracking.
Windows System Administrator
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Installed, configured, managed Windows Servers
- Performed backups for Windows Servers
- Applied hotfixes, updates and service packs to critical/non-critical servers through approved change management process; resulting in higher accessibility and availability of network servers
- Employed Spreadsheet, Traceroute, and Ping commands to manage IP reservation for network devices.
- Windows Active Directory administration (users, groups, printers and Group Policy Objects creation/deactivation).
- Administered Windows File and Printer services (configurations of groups for permissions and access control).
- Managed Citrix accounts for remote network access to guarantee multiple secure accesses to network.
- Maintained working relationships with vendors and third-party providers while serving as primary contact.
- Provided technical support for onsite and offsite clients
- Supported by tracking incoming calls, emails and walk-ins using Remedy, ServiceNow and other proprietary tracking software
- Responded to helpdesk calls and provided step by step solutions for clients
- Documented and escalated issues to subject matter experts when time sensitive or resolution was not obtained
- Planned, installed and tested local LAN installations
- Installed Coax, Cat5/6 and fiber to create new LANs
- Coordinated with stakeholders, LAN installation
- Assumed team lead when required to manage projects, time and attendance