Result - oriented Engineer with extensive experience with the leading U.S. center for robotics exploration of solar system. Expertise in planetary protection, project management, team development, manufacturing and logistics. Strengths include solid communication, problem-solving skills and process improvement.
Proficient in: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) Oracle & SAP
Familiar with: SolidWorks, Auto Cad, Unigraphics, CATIA, JIRA, BOM, Lean Process, Six Sigma, GD&T
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the activities of the newly formed Project Management Office (PMO) while providing technical support to the team.
- Coordinating with multiple departments, outside organizations, suppliers, and customers to assure that the functional requirements of the product lines are met per the contract, on schedule and within budget.
- Currently setting up multiple high mix low volume acquired production lines
- Developing manufacturing documentation including Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and First Article Test (FAT) procedures, modifying work instructions, technical drawings, and specifications as needed
- Manage Small Capital projects ranging from $100k to $5M including site wide lab safety upgrades, building decommissioning and recommissioning, HVAC system modifications and maintenance improvements. Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget development, implementation, and close-out of projects .
- Managed a Portfolio of 15 projects with a total value of $6.7 M
- Leading teams of 10+ development, engineering, general contractors, environmental health and safety professionals in all phases of the projects
- Oversaw the integration of the F-35 assembly process
- Configuration Management of Engineering requirements as it pertains to the aircraft
- Translated engineering requirements into build packages
- Collaborated with tool design on manufacturing requirements
- Provided technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems
- Delivered over $4 M dollars of products within a 3-month period, significantly improving the company’s delivery rate from 40% to 100%
- Reviewed contracts, Purchase Orders and amendments to the ed Contracts
- Resolved all Non-conforming material issues with purchasing, QA and production
- Liaison between all departments including Engineering, contracts and Configuration Management
- Point of contact for External Customers
Project Management Consultant
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Define and manage resource allocation throughout the project lifecycle
- Present to internal leadership teams and key stakeholders
- Assist in driving departmental structures and goals
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
System Integration and Test Engineer
- Coordinated, resolved and dispositioned flight hardware from subcontractor back to JPL for future use, reclaiming $400K in hardware.
- Led the review and cataloguing of offsite hardware and identified potential future use, eliminating over 7% of the total inventory allowing for much needed space.
- Initiated redesign of team task tracking tool from manual to web-based system, making it more user friendly and improving efficiency.
- Mentored four academic part-time students, improving ability to understand company culture, be politically perceptive, efficiency, and problem solving.
- Received Group for exceptional support to JPL and NASA projects and proposals by reducing project cost and risk through the re-utilization of flight hardware and support equipment.
Planetary Protection (PP) Engineer
- Responsible for the performance of planetary protection activities in support of flight projects or instruments that have planetary protection requirements.
- Interfaced with all levels of personnel and management to meet the PP requirements.
- Supported the plan, cost, and schedule development.
- This included tracking all flight hardware, microbial sampling, biological assays, biological cleaning, microbial reduction, organizing the sampling results, and assisting in the creation of PP documentation.
- Standardized the method of tracking all flight hardware thru the different phases of the project, significantly improving the audit trail and trimming work force by 33%.
- Extracted vital information from the project using Unigraphics, significantly improving data.
- Organized all of the sampling results/data in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring appropriate compliance with NASA PP requirements.
- Contributed to authoring of the PP Plan, the Pre-Launch Report, and Post-Launch Report, helping to secure launch approval by NASA PP Officer.
- Received four Group s for outstanding teamwork contribution to high quality launch services leading to launch of MSL and outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Created a unique template for Lockheed Martin to track flight hardware, significantly improving ability to deliver on PP requirements.
- Designed and assisted in the fabrication of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) to assist in the testing of multiple materials for a bio-barrier on the robotic arm, ensuring appropriate selection of material.
- Authored PP End-of-Mission Report for the Project, ensuring compliance.
- Identified and created a new method of obtaining needed information on flight hardware to fulfill the PP requirements.
- Administered the Planetary Protection functions on the Project, ensuring compliance and preventing contamination of nearby planets.
- Participated and refined the method of tracking flight hardware, significantly improving the quality of the product.
- Developed the sampling schedule for the flight hardware, improving efficiency.
- Designed and assisted in the fabrication of several sampling stands used to obtain valuable environmental information for project.
- Received rare Merit Increase for Sustained Superior Performance.
- Group and Team bonus for outstanding contribution to the Mars Exploration Rover Mission.
Confidential, North Hollywood, CA
Architectural Services Representative
- Created process to generate monthly and quarterly reports to assist Sales Manager, improving efficiency and increasing sales.
- Organized the Competitors Storage facility by implementing four tasks that improved efficiency and productivity.
- Initiated redesign of Competitors Products database from a spreadsheet to an Access database, making it more user-friendly and improving efficiency. f for contributing to the Methods Improvement Program
- Trained new personnel for Architectural Services Representative, improving proficiency.
Confidential, Carson, CA
- Calculated flow rates and recommended a drain system that met customer’s needs.
- Reviewed plans and existing drainage system for installation of Sample Station, attaining authorization, improving safety and preventing sampling contamination.
- Performed hydraulic calculations to re-evaluate cavitation on a pump, improving savings.