- 20 years of experience working in the Information Technology industry.
- Experience working on all components of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to manage projects and programs from inception to implementation while building a high performing team in the Confidential .
- Managing a staff of over 18 to build IT solutions.
- Also, worked in several positions as Project Managers, Requirements Analyst and Manager, Business Analyst, Quality Assurance and Project Implementation as a contractor at various government agencies.
- Have experience working in every phase of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Program/Project Management
- Employee/Stakeholder Management
- Budget Management
- Contract & Vendor Management
- Leadership & Team Building
- Prioritizing Multiple Projects
- IT Policies, Processes, and Procedures
- Aligning Technologies to Business Goals
- Technical Specification Documents
- Intuit Quickbase
- SharePoint Management
- Business Analysis/Quality Assurance
- IBM Datacap Suite
- Application Program Interfaces (API)
Confidential, Washington, DC
Application Support Division Division Chief
- Recommends and implements information technology management plans and systems for DHS including technical, managerial, operational feasibility assessments.
- Leads the analysis of processes to the planning, design, development, and implementation of new and improved information systems and enhancements to existing systems to meet business requirements for FSA and ESA.
- Currently providing Program Management, Project Management, People Management, Performance Management, Stakeholder Management, and Contract Management. Conducts human resource management activities such as hiring,, investigation of personnel complaints, progressive discipline, recognition, reassignment, and performance management. Responsible for managing a staff of over 18 plus in ASD III. Manages a team comprised of Business Analysts, Application Programmers, Quality Assurance,, Help Desk, and Support staff and contracts with external vendors.
- Assist in the budget formulations for all of the projects managed. Develop budgets for grant proposals from the Federal Government. Based on the scope of projects estimated the number of FTEs and the number of contractors needed to build and manage the system. For FTE positions calculate the Grade, Step, and Salary for positions and add on the fringe cost for the position. When supplemental staff is needed to determine the available budget and resource skill type needed and write the solicitation to bring on Pipeline Resources based on funds availability. Write Statement of Works, Requests for Proposals, obtained Independent Government Estimates for contract services. Sit on the evaluation panels to determine what vendor will be selected for contracts. Currently serves as a Contract Administrator (CA), manages contracts and the vendors, and performs evaluations and determines if a contract option year will be executed. Use the Peoplefluent system to request contractors and the PASS system to create Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Manage the following enterprise applications for DHS Agency: Salesforce/Remedy, JIRA, SharePoint, Smartsheets, Tableau, Seamless Doc, DHS Intranet Site, and DHS Internet Site.
- Grown Application Support Division III by 66%
- Manage a staff of 18 plus employees, 20 plus applications and several vendor contracts
- Automated the DHS MOU, Grant and MOA process
- Automated the DHS Employee Onboarding process
- Automated numerous manual processes
- Implemented standards for documenting Business and System processes
- Successfully upgraded the DHS Document Imaging Management System (DIMS). The system was 6 generations behind in upgrades, wasn't working properly and continually went down. The system was upgraded in increments and is now in production and works great.
- Manage the entire IT portfolio for Family Services Administration (FSA) including new and enhancements to their different Case Management Systems
- Manage Remedy Help Desk queues for the DHS Enterprise Applications and Systems to a Service Level Agreement (SLA) of 95%
- Contract Administrator for several DHS contracts
- Wrote and won a federal grant to receive funding to build a mobile application. Built a mobile application to allow customers to upload their verification documents to DHS
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Management projects from the Statement of Work through implementation
- Meet with customers to analyze needs, identify risks, propose design and technical solutions, and creates detailed system requirements documentation.
- Work with various Confidential agencies to document current applications in depth, determine business processes to be supported with the current application, which need upgrades or new modules, which can be combined, and which can be replaced
- Work in close collaboration with developers and testers to facilitate accurate translation of business requirements to IT solutions.
- Perform requirements walkthrough with business users, developers and testers to aid in various SDLC phases.
- Conduct Deliverable reviews with the development team as well as the client, conduct demos and sessions for clients.
- Produced the following deliverables: Project Management Schedules, System Requirement Specification Document, Business Requirement Document, Design Documents, User Guide and Standard Operating Procedures
Confidential, Crystal City, VA
Project Management Analyst
- Performed audits and analysis of IT project artifacts to determine if the project is delivering the system capabilities and project - related tasks according to the project baseline agreements.
- Evaluated changes to scope to determine overall scope impact and variances from the existing baseline
- Analyzed processes and developed strategies and improvements to evaluating major IT investments.
- Researched and Wrote Scope and Requirements Policies.
- Analyzed, assessed, and created reports on IT projects and Investments based on the governance and industry standards.
Confidential, Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Managed a staff of 8 people which included developers, testers and helpdesk.
- Managed implementation of enhancements and new software project releases.
- Created and implemented a Configuration Management process, a Requirements Management process and a Testing Methodology process in line with the SDLC and CMMI standards.
- Conducted Requirements gathering session and elicited requirements from project stakeholders. Documented and defined Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, and Technical Requirements.
- Created Business Case documents, System Requirements Specification documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Release Notes, Design Documents, Process Models, System prototypes, Test Plans, and Test Cases.
Confidential, Washington, DC
PMO Requirements Manager
- Established the PMO Requirements management process. Established the PMO Change Management process.
- Created and ran a Change Control Board (CCB), Created and implemented System Change Requests (SCRs) and Created a Technical Review Board (TRB) to vet SCRs. Documented and verified the functional and non-functional requirements through an RTM.
- Traced requirements to test cases to ensure systems had been tested using the rational tool.