- Dynamic, results - focused Talent Acquisition Specialist with experience identifying and implementing recruiting best practices, deploying expertise in candidate sourcing strategy development and execution for Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Health Agency (DHA), Department of Energy (DoE), Department of State (DOS), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of Commerce (DOC), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Health IT customers.
- Proven record of success locating, identifying and closing top talent for a multitude of positions with a very specialist emphasis on difficult-to-fill positions.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Support BD as a Capture/Proposal Recruiter whilst working on billable requisitions.
- Perform full cycle recruiting supporting multiple government agencies (DoD, DHA, DLA, DoS, DoE, DOC, USDA)
- Source, Screen, Qualify, Interview, and Submit qualified individuals for consideration on the program(s).
- Implement and maintain iCIMS applicant tracking system.
- Manage offers (negotiate, prepare and extend offers) to professionals.
- Collaborates directly with Hiring Manager(s).
- Helps to guide talent decisions and advise on talent strategy.
- Shapes the talent acquisition culture by guiding interviewers on high caliber interviewing / hiring techniques.
- Owns and operates an efficient, full cycle recruiting operation which supports rapid growth, in adherence with EEO, ADA, and other compliance requirements. Drives the optimization of online jobs advertising and social media campaigns. Assists in developing position descriptions, appropriate compensation and interviewing plans.
- Subject matter expertise; knows the pulse of Recruiting as an industry. Stays abreast of the latest developments, best practices and trends in Recruiting.
- Maintain strong relationships with community organizations to identify new sources of local talent and to promote Confidential as a partner in the community.
- Champion communication, efficiency and transparency through tools. Provides reports as requested. Utilizes tracking mechanisms to measure results, impact, and cost-effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Attend networking events, Recruiting events, open houses, job fairs, etc.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Joint Venture Recruiter (Contract)
- Exclusively supported recruiting needs for joint venture, CGJV.
- Recruiter for a Department of Defense contractor supporting federal agencies in the D.C. area and across the United States.
- Responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for cleared and non-cleared positions.
- Sourced and identified qualified applicants and conducted preliminary qualification screens to identify applicants met job requirements.
- Maintained Monster Solutions Index applicant tracking system.
- Managed candidates through interview process and contract period.
- Oversaw candidate onboarding to include applications, reference checks, and job offers.
- Consulted with Program Managers to identify clients’ technical skills needs and implement effective sourcing strategies to successfully place candidates.
- Worked with Program Managers to identify required core competencies to ensure successful long-term hires.
- Maintained responsibility for tracking recruiting activity and other metrics, ensuring compliance with Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Implemented and executed effective recruitment strategies that will identify and attract a diverse pool of highly skilled full-time professionals.
- Partnered with Management to assess recruiting needs, make hiring decisions that support business objectives.
- Identified key recruiting initiatives and recommend solutions that ensure the delivery of high-quality customer service.
- Conducted sourcing; screening; and interviewing internal and external candidates per day.
- Identification and selection of candidates utilizing insightful skills to match candidate profiles resulting in successful closures, salary negotiations and offer and acceptance.
- Compliant with clearance regulations up to the level of TS (Top Secret) for Government Clientele (DoD, DHA).
- Attended construction recruiting events.
- Wrote advertisements for job boards and company website.
- Collaborated with HR to create and implement recruitment policy.
- Worked on multiple proposal activities simultaneously: attend kick off meetings, identify key personnel, create staffing plans, methodologies and format resumes.
- Provided weekly reports to management tracking project statuses, implemented quarterly contests and assisted with meetings to enhance recruitment strategies.
- Maintained relationships with hiring managers and candidates to determine hiring needs and process improvement.
- Created and implemented SharePoint intranet/portal for company (Recruitment, Inventory, HR, and Proposal Encyclopedia).
- Worked with acquisition sensitive information with the utmost tact and discretion (non-recruitment related)
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), SharePoint and Skype for Business
Job Boards: Indeed, Clearance Jobs, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Recruiter, Monster, Dice, Ladders and Career Builder
Applicant Tracking System (ATS): iCIMS, Paycheck Flex, Zoho, Paylocity and Monster Solutions Index